Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour: Country Special DVD!

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour: Country Special DVD!

Post by Dee »

Ar, DVD Talk is in agreement with you!

Check out their review with nice screen shots taken from the DVD:
Shout! Factory just released its second DVD pulled from Glen Campbell's 1969-1972 TV variety show, after last year's Christmas Specials disc. Titled The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour: Country Special, it's surely a treat for fans of classic country music. Originally aired on January 11, 1972, this episode is packed to the gills with stars, which makes for a briskly paced show with little in the way of musical filler. The Hee Haw-style comic interludes, however, are usually less successful -- but fortunately, they're short.
Read the full review here: http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/70915/gl ... ecial-the/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

arlw

Post by arlw »

Got this dvd today...what a great release. Maybe they will release more!

arlw

Post by arlw »

The DVD of The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour has been shipped!! Mine will be here Sunday-May 1st---check where you ordered it from-mine is from Amazon.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Yay! Shout! Factory has posted a sneak peek!
Quality looks to be A+!
Much better than what I originally saw on our black and white tv when this show first aired! :o

Dee

Post by Dee »

A short review of the soon-to-be released "County Special" DVD:
Goodtime Hour Country Special

Goodtime, good times, good timing.

Take your pick; they all apply. This 1971 episode of Campbell's variety show is a fine tribute to its host, who is now battling Alzheimer's. But with its guest list of late Nashville icons - Johnny Carter and June Cash, Jerry Reed, Buck Owens and most recent loss Merle Haggard, whose impersonations of his fellow artists are a hoot - this hour-long show also serves to remind us they just don't make 'em like that anymore. Pity the audio and video quality are about what you expect from the '70s.
Excerpt from:
DVDs of the week
The Edmonton Sun (Alberta, Canada)
April 24, 2016
By Darryl Sterdan

Dee

Post by Dee »

Hi, Shelia, glad you are remembering the highlights of all the concerts you got to attend.
I have brain freeze, too. And brain fog. I feel for you!
I read not too long ago (forget where!) that as we get older, our minds become more selective about what we think we need to remember.
So, if we don't think we'll need it, then the info is not "downloaded"!
The odd thing (I feel) is that when I watch these wonderful old shows that are being released, I remember immediately that I have seen it--the skits, the songs, the costumes, something funny that Glen said or that happened in a scene.
But if you had asked me before I watched the DVD, it's all a blur.
This is one of the reasons why I am excited about this County Special DVD release. It will bring back great memories -- and also ensure that I won't forget the show again. :)
Hope this makes sense!
Dee

shelia6673

Post by shelia6673 »

once again Dee I'm sure I was there but to remember that was a long time ago. I do good to remember the highlights of the concerts I got to go to
I think our brains just get too full and don't know about ya'll but I have brain freeze's. Do any of you? :lol:

Shelia T

Dee

Post by Dee »

Ar, you have one more new item to track down at your local record store.... Check out my latest post! :)
Dee

arlw

Post by arlw »

My SEE YOU THERE picture disc is coming by next week, so by next weekend, I will have BOTH. That one just was released! I am getting that Ballads/Bluegrass CD with that order. The DVD of the one discused on this forum will follow those, so lot of pre order material coming in! Check Amazon...
ar

Dee

Post by Dee »

Me, too, Ar...(waiting for shipping news about "See You There")
It's really super that the picture discs were released prior to Glen's birthday and also just in time for Record Store Day on Saturday, April 16th!
More info on Record Store Day:
U.S.: http://www.recordstoreday.com/Home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Other participating countries: http://www.recordstoreday.com/Stores?country=select" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Long Live Vinyl!
Dee