Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

ACM Career Achievement Award - FULL SHOW!

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Cowpoke

Re: ACM Career Achievement Award - FULL SHOW!

Post by Cowpoke »

That is a cool find Randy. Thanks for sharing!

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Randy

Post by Randy »

I find this incredibly cool that ACM guitar player of the year Derek Wells shared this video of his great contribution to the Glen Campbell tribute !

Randy

Post by Randy »

Cowpoke, yes Galveston did have a bass guitar solo, MacArthur's Park did not have a solo.

Here's to hoping you get to watch the entire show soon. Again that bothers me that you have to wait to see it all, yet hopefully you will soon !

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Hi Randy, thanks! I did watch the Glen Campbell tribute segment posted on vimeo.com because that was accessible for viewers outside the USA. I am glad the ACM did this for Glen, his family and his fans. I must admit I was a bit surprised that the ACM had not done anything to honor Glen during the Goodbye Tour or when I'll Be Me was released. Only a nomination for the video of I'm Not Gonna Miss You. But with this Career Achievement Award and this show, they more than made up for it.

I wish I could have seen Galveston by Lady Antebellum and The Band Perry doing MacArthur Park. Where there any guitar solos in those songs that came close to what Glen always did?

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Randy

Post by Randy »

@Cowpoke, Hoping you were able to watch the ACM Honors show as it was outstanding . Think about you often when these things come up as you may be not able to view things we do. For someone that has put in as much time and heart into making things better for us on here, make sure you know it is super appreciated ! If you did get to watch it, what did you think?

Forgot to mention as Dee noted in her review the great tribute The Band Perry did on their MacArthur's Park performance.

And thanks Dee for this subject post and putting up all you did, and to Jay to getting us the link to the show from CBS !

Dee

Post by Dee »

Did you miss the AMC Honors last night? Or would you like to watch it again?

Watch the full televised special online at CBS.com now:

:arrow: http://www.cbs.com/shows/acm-honors/vid ... cm-honors/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No need to sign in. Note that free access / All Access may be available only for a very short time.

Many thanks to Jay for sharing this link!

Added 9/11/16: for fans outside of the U.S., you may be able to view the tribute portion of the ACM Honors at:

https://vimeo.com/182187945" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Randy

Re: ACM Career Achievement Award - WATCH IT HERE!

Post by Randy »

Very nice review Arlw . Right out of the gate, Lady Antebellum put on a moving performance of Galveston. As Arlw mentioned I noticed Debby right off sitting next to Tanya Tucker. Quite honestly in my opinion, in my biased opinion of course, still yet, I thought the tribute to Glen which included Lady Antebellum (Galveston) , Blake Shelton (Southern Nights), Dierks Bentley (Gentle on my Mind) Keith Urban (Witchita Lineman) and Toby Keith (By the time I get to Phoenix) with the previous four all joining in on Rhinestone Cowboy , and then the Maren Morris (Delta Dawn) tribute to Tanya Tucker and Toby Keith's presentation of the songwriting genius of Jimmy Webb were the highlights of the evening hands down.

Great to see Debby there and to see Shannon and Ashley up on stage playing and singing was really special.

Kim Campbell along with Cal came up joined with Shannon and Ashley and accepted the award for Glen , thanking everyone on Glen's behalf stating how proud and thankful Glen would be and hoping for an end as we all do and a cure for Alzheimer's disease. Overseeing Glen's professional care obviously can't be easy and is stressful, and in my opinion , he is in good hands thanks to her efforts.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Thank you, Randy! Thank you, Ar!
I appreciate your posts so much!
Wasn't this the best awards show ever! It brought so many people together who obviously love and respect both Glen and Jimmy and appreciate their music.
I hadn't expected to see so much "Glen and Jimmy" during the show starting with Lady Antebellum singing "Galveston"! Weren't they were outstanding?
The Band Perry sang "MacArthur Park" and received a standing ovation! JW seemed to enjoy it tremendously!
Jimmy Webb's acceptance speech brought tears to my eyes.
The show seemed to build up to Glen's tribute near the end of the program which was well done! How about the Mike Love interview!
And was that a total of four Glen song hits performed at the end? Wow.
Thank you, ACM, for doing the right thing and doing it so well.
Glad you both captured this show; it will be great to watch it again and again.
Now I am going to watch the video that Randy posted! And I will look for those previews that Ar mentioned!

If other videos and articles show up on the web, here's a shout out to all members to help share the ACM Honors event by posting!

Dee

arlw

Post by arlw »

I actually was able to watch and record the program--until the grandkids came over! I knew the Glen Campbell part was probably going to be the closure and the grandkids left right before Glen's Tribute. What an awesome way to end the show. The Tribute to Glen, Keith Urban's T-shirt , having Shannon and Ashley on stage with the band members was terrific! I wish Cal was on the drums. At least he was on stage with Kim and the rest of the kids to accept the award. I like what Kim said about Glen and thank God finally somebody mentioned his 50 years of recording. Debby was in the audience right next to Tanya Tucker! Tanya received an Award tonight to and she mentioned Glen Campbell. Jimmy Webb was honored as well and Kim mentioned him too in her speech. I like how they opened the program with Galveston!!! ACM did great honoring all the country people...Legends and Legacies will always live in our hearts!

Randy

Post by Randy »

Yes Arlw, technology has come a long ways. Nice to be able to record in advance , and regardless if the television isn't on or not.

Waiting on the show to come on, which Thanks so much Dee for all the heads up, and that nice sneak peak you posted and ran across this red carpet moment with Jimmy Webb.