Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Glen's Induction to Country Music Hall of Fame 2006

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Mike Joyce

Re: Glen's Induction to Country Music Hall of Fame 2006

Post by Mike Joyce »

Wow, Glen was so eloquent just talking from the heart. As you say Dee, it felt like Glen realized he had achieved the ultimate dream, in a life full of great achievements. It's the recognition of him as a talent by an organisation full of artists that Glen himself aspired too, in his youth. Much like working with John Wayne in a western movie, a guy you used to go and see at the cinema as a child.Those things must be hard to take on board. But it speaks to his humility that Glen is overwhelmed by the accolade bestowed on him.

Dee

Glen's Induction to Country Music Hall of Fame 2006

Post by Dee »

This news coverage video is a very, very special one of Glen Campbell and the 2006 Medallion Ceremony to the Country Music Hall of Fame.
It was thoughtfully shared with fans today, the 10th anniversary of Glen's induction, by forum friend Tim Pleshaw, "Diamond".
If you enjoyed watching this video, please give it a "like" on YouTube as a show of support for Glen's induction to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Diamond has been promoting Glen's legacy for years and has been working hard on getting Glen's name in Rock Hall.
Thankfully, the Country Music Hall of Fame did the right thing 10 years ago!

Dee

Re: Check Out This Link

Post by Dee »

You know what struck me, Randy?
I don't remember Glen ever being so openly emotional when receiving an award or honor previous to this Hall of Fame honor.
What do you think?
After seeing this video posted by the Country Music Hall of Fame, I realized for the first time how much this particular honor must have meant to Glen -- there was something about this induction as a Hall of Famer in country music that brought his life full circle for him, beginning with his thoughts about his Mom and Dad and the first guitar and homemade capo....
And then to feel so loved by his peers....
Yes, I wish we could "pin" this video post to remain at the top of this topic.
Maybe we could create a dedicated topic just for this video?
Dee

Randy

Post by Randy »

Certainly agree with priceless. Just a beautiful reflection of remembering his parents and his Dad making that homemade corn cob capo. One other quick thing, I couldn't help but notice to me that standing ovation , what I am seeing is that same sort of love , admiration, and this guy makes me feel good and I love him feelings not only that us fans have but from his peers in the business. . So glad to get to see this video and wish you could flip my comments below it so it will stay on top and get viewed often. Thanks so much!!!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This is really priceless. A video of Glen's Country Music Hall of Fame Induction in 2006.

Note: in some browsers the embedded video doesn't show up. Here's the direct link:

https://www.facebook.com/countrymusicho ... 954869550/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;