Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Glen Campbell CD's (Previously Released)

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: Glen Campbell CD's (Previously Released)

Post by Dee »

Great music finds from arlw!
She wrote:

I found these yesterday at a book/record store so I bought them-when I walked in they had Glen’s new Xmas LP...!

The Folk Years - Reason To Believe – This is a 2 CD Set put out by Time Life Music. R812-21 (314584721-2). This Time Life 2 CD Set was released in 2002-Universal Music-Special Markets. This CD Set opens in a three way fashion to house the discs/booklet. There is a nice write up on Glen Campbell in the booklet and he is on the second CD. Glen does “Universal Soldier.” They list the original release date on that as 1965 and it says Courtesy of Capitol Nashville. These Time Life CD’s are very hard to find. What’s interesting in this set is they list many people on here that I know Glen worked with (in some way or another): The Kingston Trio, The Smothers Brothers, Roger Miller, Burl Ives, The Byrds, “Reason To Believe”-Tim Hardin!, Kenny Rogers and The First Edition, Mamas and Papas, The Irish Rovers, Judy Collins and many more. Terrific Set. Booklet lists the Discography and write up on each track. This is part of the Series, “Singers and Songwriters Collection.”

The Folk Years - Yesterday’s Gone – This is also a 2 CD Set put out by Time Life Music. R812-20 (72435-39987-2-1). This Time Life 2 CD Set was released in 2002-EMI Music/Special Markets. This CD Set opens in a three way fashion to house the booklet and the 2 CD’s. There is a nice write up on Glen Campbell in the booklet and Glen is on Disc number 1. He does, “Gentle On My Mind.” There are many artists on this 2 CD set and I would speculate that Glen is on many more of these, either doing back-up guitar or harmony as some of these releases, I have as 45’s! Trini Lopez, The Kingston Trio, Cher, The Limeliters, The Seekers, The Byrds, Lovin’ Spoonful, The Beach Boys, The Turtles, Burl Ives, Mamas and Papas, Irish Rovers do “The Unicorn”- Glen is on this recording!, Bobbie Gentry, The Smothers Brothers, Judy Collins and many more. The booklet lists the Discography and write up on each track. This is part of the Series, “Singers and Songwriters Collection.” Terrific list of artists on here and another hard to find CD as most of the “Time Life” material was only available from a TV offer! It’s nice to have this added into my collection.

Pop Memories of the 60’s – This is a 12 CD Set released by Time Life Music in 2009. Each CD Case houses 2 discs so the number of cases in this set are 6. Direct Holdings Americas Inc. TIME LIFE and the TIME LIFE Logo are registered Trademarks of Time Warner, Inc. These CD’s are listed with different titles and numbers. Pop Memories of the 60’s Set is from 1968 through 1973. The Titles are: “Walk Right In”,”Honey”, “Hello Dolly”, “Blue Velvet”, “Instrumental Gold”, and “My Special Angel”. 24768-D, 24769-D, 24770-D, 24771-D, 24772-D, 24773-D. Glen Campbell is on the 1969 CD. He does “By The Time I Get To Phoenix” and “Wichita Lineman.” Glen is listed also on the 1971 CD-he does “Galveston”. These 12 CD’s were only available by a TV offer so they are a rare find. Each CD has its own booklet and Glen is on a lot of these other tracks as he either did studio work or harmony with them. “Marty Robbins, Roy Orbison, Elvis Presley, Al Hirt, Bobby Vinton, Ed Ames, Pet Clark, Skeeter Davis, Rick Nelson, The Lettermen, Nancy Wilson, Bobbie Gentry, Nat King Cole, Jackie De Shannon, Gary Lewis and the Playboys, Louis Armstrong, Patsy Cline, The Righteous Brothers, Pat Boone, Brenda Lee, Al Martino, Johnny Cash, Andy Williams, B.J. Thomas, Herb Albert, Ray Charles, The Association, Bobby Darin, Nino Tempo and April Stevens-Glen is on this track!, The Cascades and so many more great artists. Have to remember that Glen did a lot of studio sessions that are actually on these CD’s! Each case holds 2 CD’s, and they are different colors as well. All put out in 2009 by Time Life Music. Some CD’s list by permission “Rhino, Sony Music, and Capitol Nashville”. This is a terrific 12 CD set with great artists and even better music! These CD’s are housed in a cardboard box that opens like a book. A lot of the album covers are on this box like a collage. What’s interesting is they have Glen Campbell’s album “Wichita Lineman" next to "Ramblin’ Rose” which is Nat King Cole's-Glen actually is on this Nat King Cole LP! Terrific variety of music on these 12 CD’s! A really great find!

Thank you for sharing, Ar. Your description about the "This Is Country" book you found at the same store is posted under a new topic for books!

Dee

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Well it appears to be again one of those re-re-re-releases. But I don't think I ever saw a combination of all those early Glen tracks with a selection of the tracks the 1981 "Glen Campbell Live" album!

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
The_Beach

Post by The_Beach »

No we have not! At least not here for sure!

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

A good suggestion Dee. I will change it that way (the wikipedia page for Live at the Royal Festival Hall, more specific the Elvis medley).

BTW did we talk about this release already?

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Your both right on this. Wikipedia are using the song list from the original album. I would also agree that they are both separate songs, which should have the credits set against each song to save confusion. There are some songs which do have several writers credited, so people make think both songs are a collaboration of all four writers. I think because it was a tribute to Elvis, it was treated as a set of two songs but on the vinyl record it was printed as one track. I.E there was no space between them on the record. Glen of course talks over the finish of one track and the start of the next, so it was considered to be a linked performance. This of course has happened with Glen's medleys in the past. One tune will end and then the next will begin but they are considered to be joined for the purpose of the medley.
I would imagine they would also treat them as separate tracks on a CD if it was released given they are two very different songs. What did they do about the beach boy medley. Is that treated as one track. I assume that is the case.

Dee

Post by Dee »

On the LP, Teddy Bear and Loving You are listed as a "Medley", which seems inaccurate because Glen introduces each song; there is audience applause after each song, too.
Wikipedia is mostly correct because it follows the LP:
3. "(Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear / Loving You" (Kal Mann, Bernie Lowe, Jerry Leiber, Mike Stoller) – 4:55
However, the digital album has a separate track, 3 & 4, for each of the Elvis tribute songs.

Just my two cents...could track 3 be listed in the Wikipedia article exactly as shown on the record with the songwriters' names following each of their respective songs?
Lumping the four songwriters' names together in parentheses doesn't seem quite right to me.
Glen Campbell_Live at the Royal Festival Hall_Side 1_GCF.jpg
Glen Campbell_Live at the Royal Festival Hall_Side 1_GCF.jpg (75.05 KiB) Viewed 7508 times

The_Beach

Post by The_Beach »

I was looking at the album Live at the Royal Festival Hall and noticed that there is only 20 tracks on it. I looked at itunes and noticed that their was a 21st track near the beginning of the first disc Track 4 of the album called "Loving You". Is this a bonus track for itunes or was it just never labeled on the album of the record. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_at_t ... tival_Hall_(Glen_Campbell_album" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Hi Tim, it's a compilation of previously released songs, both by Glen and Sonny.

Dee

Post by Dee »

"One Pair of Hands" is a gospel track from Glen Campbell's 1970 studio album referred to by some fans as Glen Campbell's "white album": "Oh Happy Day".
See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oh_Happy_Day_(Glen_Campbell_album" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

''Christmas With Glen Campbell & Sonny James'' was apparently a special limited edition album released by Capitol Records.
Glen's tracks were previously released. Sonny's likely were also previously released; his discography does not list the album under Christmas Albums or Compilations.

It appears to me to be a special theme (holiday) compilation that was a "let's-cash-in-on-it" "limited edition for collectors", released on both cassette and vinyl.
Probably not a candidate for a "Compilation", but this is just my opinion!

The_Beach

Post by The_Beach »

Does anyone know much about the album ''Christmas With Glen Campbell & Sonny James''. What is this considred? A compilation? Dose Glen sing on Sonny James sid or vise versa Is there much information on the song Glen sings "One Pair Of Hands" I have never heard of this recording before! Is this the only place this song has ever been released? Thanks

https://www.discogs.com/Glen-Campbell-a ... se/4622730" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;