Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Glen Campbell CD's (Previously Released)

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
robduloc

Re: Glen Campbell CD's

Post by robduloc »

All this to try and show you what it was like to traverse the waters, isolate and locate which early Glen Campbell recordings haven't been digitally remastered.

Look for the majority of Glen Campbell recordings 1958-1962 on the Jasmine Label.

GLEN CAMPBELL HERE I AM - THE EARLY YEARS
2013 Jasmine Records CD6849

TRK# TITLE

#2. Buzz Saw
#3. Annie Had A Party
#4. Winkie Doll
#5. Turn Around Look At Me
#6. Miracle Of Love
#10 Brenda

GLEN CAMPBELL THE EARLY YEARS
2014 Jasmine Records JASCD 294

TRK# TITLE

#1. Winkie Doll
#2. Girls
#4. Turn Around Look At Me
#5. Brenda
#6. Buzz Saw
#7. Annie Had A Party
#11. Once More

After all the hours of shopping on the internet, i can scroll down these track listings and see the ultra-rarities pop off the screen, leaving me with a bit of a rock at the bottom of my stomach becasue they aren't all there, and who knows how long it will take to hunt down and isolate the Coy Ziegler songs for sale, I have friends wishing me luck all the time!

But I hope that has been instrumental, two CD's on Jasmine to buy and and enjoy the majority pf early cuts before Campbell's big record deal, I will return to explore the Lp's.

Happy Hunting Grounds((*))

Love,
Rob

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

One more 45 Single that will pop up and bite you on the nose or between the eyeballs.

Glen Campbell
The Miracle Of Love b/w Once More
(January 1961) Crest 1096

Up to you, the songs made it to an official release on compact disk.

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

Okay, and so, alright, in the event that you are shopping on the internet and a Glen Campbell 45 Single comes up for sale that is on Starday, the two songs are on the album that they were cut from, an album of old recordings Campbell fought to take off the shelves and was compensated a handsome sum.

Not to appear on a compact disc label anytime soon.

For The Love Of A Woman b/w Smoky Blue Eyes
(February 1969) Starday 853

The Starday Lp's
SLP 424 Country Soul Glen Campbell
SLP 437 Glen Campbell counrty music star no. 1

There is a definitive biography of the people behind the Starday Label, that I encourage everybody to google.

I own the two Glen Campbell Starday Lp's but since he took them to court, I have been slow to sitting down and listening to them, it very well could be, the artist may have not want the recordings to be heard.

I don't know, someday....

I will probably buy the Starday 45 Single~ smile* chuckle!

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

You are talking to a reall collector here.

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

It took me a couple years to find a copy for sale on the internet by Jerry Capehart, once again, another seller from France for around 80 U.S. dollars.

Dick Bills was a gift from a friend, and so it really comes down to who you know, the care and attention to detail, they swear that it didn't cost more than a cup of coffee, but I think that is being too nice, they did get to speak to one of Uncle Boo's relatives and hear there were only a couple thousand copies, it is nice to own such a clean disk without any scratches, thank you for the times that I have danced around the kitchen listening to Bills solid arrangement, rhythm and accompaniment.

whew~

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

If you love Glen Campbell, there are two other 45 Singles from 1961 that haven't been digitally remastered which aren't listed under his name.

From Here To Nowhere b/w Rockin' & a' Rollin'
(September 1961) Crest 1089 as by Dick Bills

Song Of New Orleans b/w Theme For The Young And Blue
(April 1962) Crest 1011 as by Jerry Capehart

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

It's been very tough, isolating and securing copies of Glen Campbell's first two 45 Singles.

I think that I have had to put out of my mind that there are two more to buy.

That shouldn't stop anybody, there is always YouTube.

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

Well folks, this goes to show, how easily a song or record can slip through the cracks.

I failed to mention, the other 45 Single that has not been digitally remastered.

(02). I Wonder b/w You, You, You
[Aug. 1958 Ceneco 45 Single 1356]
Song Credit:
A. (Coy Ziegler)
B. (G. Mahoney/H. Tillery)

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

You have to give Glen Campbell credit that there is only one 45 Single where both "A" & "B" side are ultra-rare, the care and attention devoted to craft, the fans and Campbell's shining star.

The next ultra-rare 45 Single only has one song that hasn't been digitally remastered, Side "B".

(04). Valley Of Death (Death Valley)
b/w Nothin' Better Than A Pretty Woman
[May 1961 Capehart 45 Single 5008]
Song Credit
A. (Glen Campbell)
B. (J. Bowen/Hal Fransen)

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

Got one? Let me know!!!!!!!!!