Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Glen Campbell CD's (Previously Released)

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: British Live Performance Series cd

Post by Dee »

Here you go, "Beach".

We had previously posted about the British Live Performance CD in the topic dedicated to new CDs and DVDs releases here on Glen Campbell Forums:

http://www.glencampbellforums.com/viewt ... t=50#p4559" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It turned out to be a reissue, not "new", and I felt the audio was poor. Let us know what you think of it!

Dee

#GlenCampbell
@GlenCampbell

The_Beach

British Live Performance Series cd

Post by The_Beach »

has anyone heard of this cd. i think it came out in 2015. i seen it new in my local record store today in the usa. i have never heard of it before and seems to always be missimg out of glen's discography which seems to be a mistake as this is a huge part of glens history. i seen a little article looking it up on the roalling stones but didnt have much info on it. do any of you have more info?

thanks

here is the article http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... d-20150831" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by The_Beach on Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robduloc

Re: Glen Campbell CD's

Post by robduloc »

You have to take into account that I'm pretty pumped when I'm entering a post, I don't want a list to be off a couple songs, there are two to three titles that I failed to include.

The list for main album titles that are on Vinyl-MP3-CD has 31 entries, the two that I accidentally overlooked were "A New Place In The Sun" and "See You There"

The one instance where I would be glad to be mistaken and corrected is if there is a vinyl edition of Glen Campbell: I'll Be Me OST, but I think that I looked it up and didn't see one.

And the category for Vinyl-CD Only has one more entry to keep Glen and Ol' Ernie company, "Glen Campbell Live" (NJ).

Also, from what I've learned, My Hits & Love Songs are two album projects that were joined as one package, the first has Glen covering hits throughout his career and the other album were love songs that had always resonated with him, Miss Debby Campbell had a big hand in that production, I'm sure there must be some place to download them as a single package.

And just to let you know, all of the faith music Glen Campbell recorded is some of his best because he really throws himself into the work and has an underlying love for the subject, our humanity, and all our prayers come alive~

The best compilation album by anybody I know falls upon Glen, in the early 70's a label picked up all his rare "A" & "B" sides that had never appeared on a main album and bundled them together in one place, long before it became popular to issue bonus tracks or alternate versions, and I have to admit there is no filler here, Glen Campbell rare singles capture the man on fire, in the studio, carving out a trade like no other recording artist, I know!

I'll come back later and enter the songs on that compilation, it only goes for a couple dollars on the internet, a great investment and nice way to spend an afternoon playing music. Even though it is not one of his main albums, I love it, I think that it is out of print and only old vinyl by third party sellers.

I call it, "The Green & White Album" because of the cover.

Goodnight everybody.

Keep crunching those numbers*

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

It appears there are 11 of Glen Campbell 64 Main Albums on CD-MP3 Only.

(01). Walking In The Sun
11 Tracks

(02). Unconditional Love
11 Tracks

(03). Wings Of Victory
10 Tracks

(04). Somebody Like That
10 Tracks

(05). Glen Campbell Home For The Holidays
10 Tracks

(06). The Boy In Me
10 Tracks

(07). Christmas With Glen Campbell
11 Tracks

(08). My Hits & Love Songs
36 Tracks 2 Discs
2nd Disc Love Songs available on MP3
2 Compact Disc Capitol Records EMI

(09). Love Is The Answer:
24 Songs Of Faith, Hope & Love
24 Tracks (doy)*

(10). Glen Campbell & Jimmy Webb in Session...
9 Tracks

(11). Glen Campbell: I'll Be Me OST
10 Tracks
(amazon.com MP3 comes with digital booklet for library)
Compact Disc The Record Company Surfdog Label

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

Hi, I'm Back... So's Christmas*

Last night I missed one of the most exciting parts to the Glen Campbell canon, the part you taught me, the shift from vinyl to CD and the painstaking labor amazon.com digital store went about restoring and elevating album projects that formerly were only on well, yes, compact disc.

It's a great gift to pull up these titles and see they are available to buy and download for less than their original asking price.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Hi, "The_Beach",

Amazon and other similar retailers have those 2- and 3-fer CDs. You should be able to easily find those double/triples.

Here's a start for your search:

:arrow: https://www.amazon.com/Rhinestone-Cowbo ... e+3+albums" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please let us know what you find.

Dee

The_Beach

Post by The_Beach »

Thanks for the quick reply! Your info really has helped! I have noticed a few of those two fers and even a three fers. I was thinking about adding to my collection to help get more of Glen's albums on CDs. How many of the Two fers only have some of his albums on CD that way?

Thank you so much for all the info! :D

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

Hi, The_Beach!

Thank you, for caring, especially about the 2 Fer-1's, there is a lot of entertainment built into them, you can upload them, or take them on a long drive, fitness center or warm place or spot under the sun, they're made in the UK and Australia and there are some album projects made in the Czech Republic.

I want to come back and review them.

My lists were off tonight, I do have the final count. I went back and looked.

The various formats look like this:

VINYL-MP3-CD
31 Main Albums

VINYL-MP3 ONLY
12 Main Albums

VINYL ONLY
2 Main Albums

VINYL & CD ONLY
2 Albums

CD-MP3 ONLY
11 Main Albums

CD ONLY
6 Albums

That adds up to 64, I believe.

I'm glad that I could come up with a final count before bedtime tonight.
Normally I have all that worked out before I post here, I do care.
It shouldn't be too hard to fix any oversights, I guess I needed to leave some wiggle room~

I wil go and rest my eyes.

Rob

Thank you again~

The_Beach

Post by The_Beach »

Wow thank you very much for the list! That is very easy to read and understand. Is there any more albums released on CD that were only paired with another album 2fers?

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

It appears there are 7 of Glen Campbell 64 Main Albums that appear on CD Only-No MP3 In amazon.com Digital Store

(01). Favorite Hymns
12 Tracks
(Possibly, the first major work by Glen Campbell to not appear on vinyl)
No MP3 in amazon.com digital store.
Compact Disc WORD epic EK47821
(A division of Sony)

(02). Show Me Your Way
10 Tracks
Compact Disc New Haven Records 8036-2

(03). 1992 Rock-A-Doodle OST
12 Tracks
Compact Disc Liberty Records CDP-7-98911-2

(04). Glen Campbell Live! His Greatest Hits