Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Glen Campbell CD's (Previously Released)

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Cowpoke

Re: Glen Campbell CD's (Previously Released)

Post by Cowpoke »

Yes basically all those songs have not appeared on a regular studio or live album by Glen.

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
The_Beach

Post by The_Beach »

That makes since why you never added it. But i suppose since the Soundtrack came out first and on top of that charting so well that it is fitting that it is in the Discography. Are all those live songs under that category are those different from all the ones on Glens albums then? I know the United We Stand with Glens daughter are different for sure but there are alot of random ones that also have made it in the list that i have never got to listen to yet.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

The reason I never added "Any Which Way You Can" in that section is because it is also included on a regular album of Glen: It's The World Gone Crazy. However, the OST album probably got released before Glen's album so I'm okay with it... :)

The_Beach

Post by The_Beach »

Yeah double of that single. Must of missed the one in the separate category! I did that for the longest time too. I seen the editor also added Any Which Way You Can OST in the Album appearances sometime yesterday! Thats a nice one to get added. I guess i never realized that that album/song was missing. That one even charted at number 5 in the country album. I am sure there is probably quite a few missing that we dont even realize in that section!

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Ah I see it. The christmas single added again. I should correct that. You know also that separate paragraph for christmas single wasn't my idea (i just like a long chronological list) but apparently most discographies on wikipedia use this format.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

In case of those 3 or 4 "unissued" Capitol singles, what happened was that only a few copies got out and Capitol never presented them as official release, no ads in Billboard Magazine etc. In some cases I believe there is only 1 known copy. Longtime collectors like KOA (Son of Flinstone on amazon.com) and of course Arlw can probably give you more details about these rare singles.

The_Beach

Post by The_Beach »

I also noticed that he added the Christmas single to the list with all the other single but left the special section that shows Christmas singles. I dont know if the editor did that on purpose or didn't notice that it had its own category for that one single? For the longest time I always forgot it was a missed single until i realized it was near the bottom with its own special category.

The_Beach

Post by The_Beach »

I never knew "United We Stand" by Glen Campbell/Anne Murray was even a single. but i guess if it isnt on Wikipedia I probably never heard of it before. Why is this single "Unofficial" ?

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

The_Beach wrote:That is nice seeing the songs being re added to the discography page. Is there any other singles that are still missing that was on the initial page? If so I can take a crack at adding them.
Well if you want maybe you can compare both lists? It's nice to have another set of eyes look into this stuff. It's easy to overlook something. Thanks for offering your help!
The_Beach wrote:I actually think it would be nice if their was also a category for un-issued singles. If you think the he deserves a category for that i could probably be able to add that. :D
It has crossed my mind before to do that but this is what the guideline for discographies on wikipedia says:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... e_included" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So I think it will be difficult to add them. But I do agree with you that IF there are added it should be clear that they are unissued singles. At this moment that same user has added an unofficial single to the list: "United We Stand" by Glen Campbell/Anne Murray.

The_Beach

Post by The_Beach »

That is not my edit! I wish i could take credit for it! But i dont understand all the formats when editing a page very well. Although I have had made a few smaller edits in the past month on some Glen Campbell songs though!

That is nice seeing the songs being re added to the discography page. Is there any other singles that are still missing that was on the initial page? If so I can take a crack at adding them. There shouldn't be a single missing from Glen's Discography! He discoverers all the recognition as possible! I actually like how the format use to be how you had it. I actually think it would be nice if their was also a category for un-issued singles. If you think the he deserves a category for that i could probably be able to add that. :D