Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Songs Glen Campbell performed live

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Mike Joyce

Re: Songs Glen Campbell performed live

Post by Mike Joyce »

Hi The Beach, Your doing a great job on that list. It amazes me all the songs Glen performed over the years. All them had to be learned and rehearsed for the shows he did at the time. It would be a great box set of songs if it ever came out.
I was looking at your extensive list and I did spot a couple of songs Glen has recorded.

1) "Don't lose me in the confusion" is on the Highwayman album, track two side two
2) "Barbara Allen" was recorded on the Artistry of Glen Campbell album. Which was also called Glen Campbell sings America. This was a Japanese imported album I bought years ago. The Artistry album was a limited collectors' album which I also managed to get many years ago.This album was apparently sold through the fan club only at the time 1972
I hope you don't mind me highlighting those two songs, but I think you want your list be be accurate as you mentioned and I hope that my observations are helpful.
Great job, The Beach, but I am sure you realize this will be a long list. Good luck
Mike

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

That is our youtube channel, both Dee, Jay and I post videos there.

Search wikipedia for "Glen Campbell Music Show", that will give you the complete list of songs performed on that show.

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
The_Beach

Post by The_Beach »

Thank you for that information there! That is really helpful!

I was going thought the youtube videos of "Glen Campbell Forums" (Is that you Dee)? and found quite a few more vidoes not already in the list that Glen preformed but never on any of his albums. LETS KEEP THIS LIST (Discograph) GROWING!!!

Down In The Valley (1982)
Fire on the Sea (1982) TJ Kuenster
Flowers on the Wall (1982) The Statler Broth
In the pines (1982) Carl Jackson & Steve Hardin
Mammas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys (1982) Willie Nelson
Mountain Music (1982)
Mr. Melody - By The Time I Get To Phoenix - I've Got Love On My Mind - Southern Nights - This Will Be An Everlasting Love (1985) Natalie Cole
My Country (1982)
My Window Faces the South (1982)
Nine Pound Hammer (1982)
On The Road Again (1982) Willie Nelson
Stand By Your Man (1982) Tammy Wynette
Sweet Baby James (1982)
There Ain't No Gettin' Over Me (1982) Ronnie Milsap
This Land Is Your Land (1982) Andy Williams
Wildwood Flower (1996) Roy Clark
You and Me (1982)

Dee

Re: Glen Campbell Songs Performed Live

Post by Dee »

The_Beach, had you asked about Glen Campbell's television special, NBC's "Chevrolet Presents Glen Campbell and The Musical West"?
(Not to be confused with "John Wayne's Tribute to America" that originally aired as the television special, "Swing Out, Sweet Land" -- still available through online retailers.)
This televised special from 1974 is a musical goldmine (no pun intended). Below, I posted a description from a 1974 TV Guide listing the many musical performances on the program.
(As far as I know, the "Musical West" has never been released professionally on DVD.)

Click on each image once to enlarge viewing window.
This article was broken down into two separate scans. Column 1 begins on the first image; ends on the second image.
Column 2 starts on the first image; ends on the second.

TV Guide_Musical West_1.jpg
TV Guide_Musical West_1.jpg (239.59 KiB) Viewed 6425 times
TV Guide_Musical West_2.jpg
TV Guide_Musical West_2.jpg (131.06 KiB) Viewed 6425 times
This is a local tv guide cover distributed in Pennsylvania.
Glen Campbell on PA tv guide promoting his American West TV special.jpg
Glen Campbell on PA tv guide promoting his American West TV special.jpg (52.44 KiB) Viewed 6425 times

The_Beach

Post by The_Beach »

Wow i never knew of that one! Thank you so much for sharing! Thats another one tracked down! I appreciate it very much! Thank you! I want to get as complete as a list as possible and now we are one step closer! There are so many great songs that i never knew Glen recorded or preformed live after listening to these songs on this list!

Thank you :D

Dee

Re: Songs Glen Campbell Performed Live

Post by Dee »

The_Beach, this post is for you and all of Glen Campbell's other fans who would like to listen to a rare live recording not included on any of Glen's studio and live albums!

GLEN CAMPBELL SINGS LIVE “YOU TOOK HER OFF MY HANDS”
This recording is from a live concert held in the Bakersfield Civic Auditorium in Bakersfield, California on September 12, 1963, almost exactly 53.years ago from today.

In 1963, Bakersfield, California was the center of the country music scene on the west coast. One of the area's foremost figures was a popular television personality, Cousin Herb Henson, who hosted a show called "Trading Post". Cousin Herb decided to celebrate the tenth anniversary of his show by organizing a "Country Music Hootenanny" at the newly-built Bakersfield Civic Auditorium. Every big name in the music business was either invited or wanted to be a part of this really big show.

In fact, there was so much interest in this gig from artists and fans that Cousin Herb ended up staging TWO shows held on September 12th, attracting 6,000 attendees.

Headliners included: The Trading Post Band, Buddy Cagle, Tommy Collins, Rose Maddox, Joe and Rose Lee Maphis, Buck Owens, Jean Shepard and Merle Travis, Bobby Morris, The Kentucky Colonels, a pre-"Hee Haw" Roy Clark, Rose Maddox, Johnny Bond, Roy Nichols, and, of course, Glen Campbell.

Most unfortunately, Merle Haggard was not in the lineup; apparently, he was not well known at the time this concert was held. Later, he became very much part of the Bakersfield sound.

The Hootenanny was such a big deal that Capitol Records recorded all the great acts and released an LP with 19 performances (T 2009 in high fidelity and also stereo!). Ken Nelson produced it.

From the album's liner notes: "Here in this album are the finest, swingingest moments of Capitol's own Country stars and their friends -- preserving forever the wonderful music and excitement of an unforgettable, once-in-a-lifetime Hootenanny!" Of the 19 album tracks, Glen Campbell is on one track singing "You Took Her Off My Hands". Please correct me if I am wrong, but this song did not show up on any other GC studio / live album.

Side note: This album was reissued on the See For Miles Records Ltd. label (SEE 254) in 1989. From discogs: "The original version of this album also included two tracks that featured Buck Owens and 'Buckaroo' Bob Morris. Unfortunately these have had to be omitted from this re-issue due to contractual reasons."

As if this remarkable recording wasn't enough, Capitol also arranged for a photo shoot for the album cover with Cousin Herb Henson and "Country Music's Greatest Stars!" by Ken Veeder / Capitol Photo Studio. Check out Glen Campbell in the group photo below.

You can listen to Glen's live intro to "You Took Her Off My Hands" as well as his live song recording taken from "Country Music Hootenanny" here! Also posted is a YouTube link to the full album, and it includes Cousin Herb's introduction to Glen (at around 27 minutes).

:arrow: Full album: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OO0_yj_cJE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Country Music Hootenanny_Capitol T 2009_1963_Front Cover-GCF.jpg
Country Music Hootenanny_Capitol T 2009_1963_Front Cover-GCF.jpg (108.6 KiB) Viewed 6446 times
Country Music Hootenanny_Capitol T 2009_1963_Back Cover-GCF.jpg
Country Music Hootenanny_Capitol T 2009_1963_Back Cover-GCF.jpg (96.44 KiB) Viewed 6446 times

The_Beach

Re: Songs Glen Campbell preformed live

Post by The_Beach »

Thank you for that guys Youtube channel! He has SOOO much!

I have a list of songs that Glen preformed live (or studio) on tv or at his concerts that were never preformed on his albums from just his youtube page as of 9-8-2016 and the few we already mentioned. I am sure their are many more to go that are not on his youtube page glen preformed live but never was released on an album!!!! This includes Duets (I tried to mention who he preformed with) instrumentals and everything!

Please notify me if there is any error or if any of these songs did infact make one of Glen Campbell's albums

Age Of Aquarius (1969) Cher
Ain't No Sunshine (1975)
Ain't Nobody's Business (1972) Jerry Reed & Anne Murray
Ain't Nobody's Bussiness (1970) Jerry Reed Jackie DeShannon Mel Tillis
Albuquerque
All His Children (1982) Henry Mancini
Amos Moses (1982) Jerry Reed
And I Love Her (1971) Susan Day
Asleep On The Wind (1978) The Boston Pops
Baby Elephant Walk (1982) Henry Mancini
Bang Bang (1969) Cher
Barbara Allen (1971) Jerry Reed
The Battle Of New Orleans (1981) Andrew Jackson
Beach Boys Medley (1980)
Blackbird (1983) Carl Jackson
Blowin' In The Wind (1965) Delaney Bramlett Jeanie Seely
Blue Blue Day, Singin' The Blues, We'll Sing In The Sunshine, You Are My Sunshine (1970) Dean Martin
Born To Lose (1971) Jerry Reed & Larry McNeely
Broken-Hearted Melody (1969) Sarah Vaughan
Carolyn (1972) Merle Haggard
The Category Stomp (1969) John Hartford
Cher All I Really Want to Do (1969)
Columbus Stockade Blues (1970) Willie Nelson
Country Roads (1971) Jerry Reed
Crazy (1982) Willie Nelson
Dang Me (1982) Roger Miller
The Days Of Wine And Roses (1982) Henry Mancini
Dixie Breakdown (1971) Larry McNeely
Don't Be Cruel (1984)
Don't Lose Me In The Confusion (1982) T.J. Kuenster
El Paso (1982)
England Swings (1982) Roger Miller
Everly Brothers Medley (1971) David Cassidy
Everybody's Talkin' (1971)
Everybody's Talkin' (1973)
Feelin' Grovy (1969) Goldie Hawn
Foggy Mountain Breakdown (1969) John Hartford
Goin Back To Alabam (1973) Jerry Reed & Larry McNeely
Goin' Back To Alabam (1982)
Guitar Boogie (1965) Phil Baugh
Guitar Man - Jerry Reed
Happy Heart (1970)
Happy Together (1976) Olivia Newton-John
Hello Goodbye
Hello Walls (1969) Willie Nelson
Hello Young Lovers (1971)
Here's That Rainy Day (1969)
Hooked On A Feeling (1974)
I Got A Woman (1970) Ray Charles
I Got A Woman As Mean As She Can Be (1965)
I Want You, I Need You, I Love You (1984)
If I Ruled The World (1970)
I'm Movin' On (1969) Ray Charles
In The Summertime (1982) Roger Miller
It Must Be Him (1968) Pat Paulsen & Vikki Carr
It Takes A Worried Man (1969) Larry McNeeley Casey Anderson
Just To Satisfy You (1982) Willie Nelson
Kansas City Star & King Of The Road!!! (1969) Roger Miller
Ko-Ko Joe (1971) Jerry Reed
Land Of Make Believe (1982)
Let It Be (1983) Lacy J. Dalton
Let Me Be There (1976) Olivia Newton-John
Let The Sunshine In (1969) Cher
Louisiana Man (1969) Rick Nelson
Me & Bobby McGee (1985) Kris Kristofferson
Memphis Tennessee (1969) John Hartford
Moon River (1970)
More Than I Can Say (1982) Leo Sayer
Morning Has Broken (1983)
Mule Skinner Blues (1982) Jerry Reed & Steve Hardin
My Boomerang Won't Come Back (1976) AND MORE
My Little Lady Sadie Brown (1971) Laurie Sawyer
Nashville Cats (1969) Larry McNeeley Casey Anderson
Natural To Be Gone (1969)
Old Friends (1982) Willie Nelson & Roger Miller
One More Time (1971) Larry McNeely
Peace Train (1983) Andrae Crouch
Put Another Log On The Fire (1976) Bill & Boyd
Put Your Hand In the Hand of the Man (1971) The Osmonds
Question (1983)
Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head (1982) B.J. Thomas
Rocky Top (1970) Jerry Reed
Salty Dog (1970) Jerry Reed
She's Leaving Home (1968)
Shuckin The Corn (1973) Jerry Reed & Larry McNeely
Silver Threads & Golden Needles (1969) Linda Ronstadt
Sixteen Tons (1971) Bob Hope
Somethin' 'Bout You Baby I Like (1980) Rita Coolidge
Song For The Open Road (1969) Chevy commercial
Speed Guitar (1965)
Squares Make the World Go Round (1968)
The Straight Life (1969)
Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down (1970) Nancy Sinatra
Teddy Bear (1984)
Thank The Lord For The Night (1970) Neil Diamond
There Are Blues (1982)
A Thing Called Love (1982) Jerry Reed & Carl Jack
This Is A Great Country (1970)
Those Were The Days (1969) Pat Paulsen & fraulein
Today That's What You Get (1969) Waylon Jennings Yest
Uncloudy Day (1982) Willie Nelson & Roger Miller
Waltzing Matilda (1976) Olivia Newton-John
When I Need You (1982) Leo Sayer
Wild Colonial Boy (1976)
Yakety Axe (1969)

I STILL HAVE TO FIGURE OUT WHAT SONGS GLEN PREFORMED ON "The Musical West" ON HIS YOUTUBE PAGE. I AM ALSO SURE I MISSED SOME OF THE SONGS GLEN COVERED ON HIS YOUTUBE PAGE! IT WAS A LOT OF TEDIOUS WORK! BUT WELL WORTH IT!

LET ME KNOW IF YOU GUYS THINK OF MORE! THANK YOU VERY MUCH! LETS GET THIS LIST AS COMPLETE AS IT CAN BE!

Dee

Post by Dee »

I am still thinking about other one-offs, "The_Beach".
Lots of examples on The Glen Campbell Music Shows, too, and you can check out the Glen Campbell Forums channel for episodes from this show. You'll see both instrumentals and vocals.

Wikipedia is a great source for Glen's music performances recorded on video (VHS, DVD). Here's the main article for Glen's videography:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glen_Campbell_videos" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Click on a video title that is hyperlinked, such as "Glen Campbell and Friends", and you will be linked to the set list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glen_Camp ... nd_Friends" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Of course, some of these songs are duets! So...do you want to include duets in your list? Or not just yet?

You'll find a treasure trove of songs that I believe may be unique to the DVD included in the American Treasure Set: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glen_Camp ... n_Treasure" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Again, more duets--and all very special because these performances are from the Goodtime Hour!

The_Beach

Post by The_Beach »

Thank you so much for your dedication to Glen Campbell's discography! It is a very challenging task to sort it all out. I know how challenging it is because I wrote the GC American Treasure Box Set article for Wikipedia; Cowpoke input it to Wikipedia for me. I quickly learned that Wikipedia has so many rules! For example, because the Treasure Set had no professional reviews other than a partial one on The Second Disc, my hands were tied with regard to how much I could write about the box set. On the other hand, I appreciate that Wikipedia does require professional, recognized sources.

I don't know where to begin with all the songs / instrumentals that Glen performed that didn't make it to any of his (or other artists') albums! Have you watched the 8 Goodtime Hour shows recently made available online (for free!) by Shout! Factory? There are one-offs on these shows.

On various television specials (perhaps the Goodtime Hour and the Glen Campbell Music Show, too), Glen performed some Beatles' songs that he never recorded. Tim Pleshaw has some of these Beatles songs on his YouTube channel, "Diamond's In The Rough". Wouldn't it have been great for GC to have recorded an album of Beatles' songs? Here is an example from Tim's channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0rblI5xaOI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's interesting to me that the first song Ashley learned to play on guitar was Blackbird!

"The_Beach", please let us know if you prefer for us to call you "Tim" on the Forums. I saw that you had signed off on one of your posts with "Tim" but didn't want to be too forward about using this name instead of your username!

Thanks!

Dee :)
I have not seen the 8 good time shows! I will definitely go watch those! Thanks for the link of the Beatles song Black bird! Glen sounds soo good on that song. He should of did and ALL Beatles album that would of sounded great! I will check out his channel and try to get a list from his channel of songs Glen preformed but never made it on an album!

You can call me Tim or The_Beach. it does not matter to me! I guess i didn't even realize i signed off on one of my post as Tim.Guess it is just a habit as that is what i do when I email!

The_Beach

Post by The_Beach »

AFD wrote:In 1978 he did "you Light Up My Life' at a concert I attended in Binghamton, NY.
Cool thank you for that info! That helps me remember! Glen did Dueling Campbell live once for sure int the 70s and then at most of his farewell tour! I dont think he ever recorded it for any of his albums!