Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

I Guess I Just Missed You - 1988 Album

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Cowpoke

Re: I Guess I Just Missed You - 1988 Album

Post by Cowpoke »

Well I get the impression from that book that it was mostly Starday records itself that made a good amount of money out of those albums. :) As far as I understand Glen got around 21,000 dollars for it. The albums sold 27,000 copies in the first 3 months. How much would they have sold eventually? 50,000? 60,000? And what was the original price? Does anyone know?

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
The_Beach

Post by The_Beach »

Cowpoke wrote:About the Starday albums: Glen did sue or intended to sue against them but eventually things got settled. Read more about in this book:

https://books.google.nl/books?id=4Py71W ... ll&f=false" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I updated those two wikipedia pages about the settlement. It's something I have been wanting to do... but never did.
Thanks for sharing that article! So i guess they never canceled or retracted the albums they got a full run, Glen just got A LOT of royalties out of these albums. Sounds like they were really good selling albums to at the time! :D

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

About the Starday albums: Glen did sue or intended to sue against them but eventually things got settled. Read more about in this book:

https://books.google.nl/books?id=4Py71W ... ll&f=false" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I updated those two wikipedia pages about the settlement. It's something I have been wanting to do... but never did.

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
The_Beach

Post by The_Beach »

Dee wrote:The_Beach, I can certainly delete it for you.
Or move it....
It is actually great that you posted it because...I had mistakenly purchased this album about 5 years ago. I didn't think it was a GC album but I kept finding it on various sites and was curious about its credit to Glen Campbell.
Sent it back to the seller.
Wouldn't want others to make the same mistake I made.

Are those Starday albums on Wikipedia? Glen sued Starday for the unauthorized releases of those albums.
I seem to remember that he dropped the lawsuits later or something. Gotta look up my notes. In any case, weren't these songs demos?

True You can move the thread! I almost made the same mistake. I wonder how Glen some how wrongfully have been getting credit to this album.

Yes Glen sued to get the two Starday albums dropped but there was a lot that got in circulation before it the album was discontinued! You think there would be extra value given the circumstances of the album eventually getting dropped but their are alot of them circulating around to make it affordable actually quite cheap for a collector to get a hold of.

The two albums are in Glen's discography on Wikipedia under the compilation albums.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Country_Soul" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Country_Music_Star_No._1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Post by Dee »

The_Beach, I can certainly delete it for you.
Or move it....
It is actually great that you posted it because...I had mistakenly purchased this album about 5 years ago. I didn't think it was a GC album but I kept finding it on various sites and was curious about its credit to Glen Campbell.
Sent it back to the seller.
Wouldn't want others to make the same mistake I made.

Are those Starday albums on Wikipedia? Glen sued Starday for the unauthorized releases of those albums.
I seem to remember that he dropped the lawsuits later or something. Gotta look up my notes. In any case, weren't these songs demos?

The_Beach

Post by The_Beach »

I figured it out! The website is wrong and is by a non releated country band called Canyon! You can delete this thread! :oops: Thanks

The_Beach

I Guess I Just Missed You - 1988 Album

Post by The_Beach »

Has anyone heard anything about a 1988 Glen campbell album titled I Guess I Just Missed You. There is a a few places where the album is mentioned with a track listing of songs I have never heard of Glen covering before! Does anyone have more information on this 1988 album? Thanks

Track List
01 I Guess I Just Missed You
02 In the Middle of the Night
03 To Make a Lovestory Short
04 Overdue
05 Everybody Needs to Be Needed
06 Love Is on the Line
07 Room With a View
08 Rest Are History
09 Love Wins
10 One Night Could Last Forever

http://www.allmusic.com/album/i-guess-i ... 0000853413" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;