Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

I'm happy to have found this forum honoring Glen

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Mike Joyce

Re: I'm happy to have found this forum honoring Glen

Post by Mike Joyce »

Welcome Doug and well said. I hope you make frequent trips to the forum, we would love to hear your comments and experiences of Glen, and all the things that you would like to share here with us. Are you absolutely sure you are not related. I would think the Campbell name would mean that some relative is connected way back when they first settled in the region. Obviously if you lived in Scotland, then I would say that would be a difficult one to check into. We have a news presenter here on the BBC called Glen Campbell. He doesn't play a guitar though.

Randy

Post by Randy »

Welcome Doug, I'm in Arkansas myself right out of Little Rock. Was lucky enough to go to about a dozen of Glen's shows in Branson and Little Rock and Conway.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Hi Doug, welcome to Glen Campbell Forums and thank you for joining! You speak for all of us when you talk about connecting to his music and pleasant, happy and welcoming personality. That's Glen in a nutshell: a world class musician and a really nice guy. We hope to will contribute often to our talks about Glen!

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
hifisoup

I'm happy to have found this forum honoring Glen

Post by hifisoup »

I'm new to this forum and happy that I've found you all.

While I'm no relation to Glen we share two things- my last name is Campbell and my family are from Arkansas. :)
I think maybe that was my initial attraction to Glen as a child but as the years passed I became more and more attracted to his music.
I enjoyed the movies that he was in and TV appearances too.
So I've always had this feeling of 'family' with Glen (although as stated above I am not related).
I've connected to his music and pleasant, happy and welcoming personality.
I can only say thank you to Glen for the fantastic music he gave to me, and all of us, during his lifetime.

Doug aka hifisoup