Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Redefining Gratitude at Thanksgiving

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Cowpoke

Re: Redefining Gratitude at Thanksgiving

Post by Cowpoke »

Thanks Rob. I am glad you feel at home at our forum. But then again, you are a big part of it yourself. Thanks for all your contributions! Same for you Mike, I really enjoy our "online" discussions about Glen and Jimmy.

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Very kind words robduloc,
I agree with you completely. It is wonderful to be able to share our thoughts and feeling on a forum like this where mutual respect is key and sharing is the joy for us all. Not to mention all the knowledge we all gain from discussions we have had over the years. We are all friends from afar.
I hope you and everyone else on the forum has a joyous and peaceful Christmas and a happy new year.
Mike

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

A couple years ago around Thanksgiving I discovered this forum, immediately, I could tell there was a certain warmth and genuineness I have never found anywhere else on or offline, I watched and read all your post for at least a month and summoned the courage to sign up and join the group, since then, I am thankful for all the powerful insights and revelations growing up among Glen Campbell's legion of followers and listeners, indeed you give Thanksgiving newfound hope and meaning preserving our icon's star along the walk of fame that we call life, thank you for all that you do, I am better for knowing and chatting with all of you.

Rob~

Dee

Redefining Gratitude at Thanksgiving

Post by Dee »

RARE COUNTRY
Posted November 26, 2016 9:57 am
"This Thanksgiving Throwback Thursday that Glen Campbell’s daughter shared redefines gratitude"
Thanksgiving is the one day a year that we all take a moment to consider all that we are grateful for. Sometimes it’s a little, sometimes it’s a lot, sometimes it’s people, sometimes it’s possessions, and sometimes it’s memories.

That’s what Glen Campbell’s daughter Ashley Campbell is thankful for this year. As she watches her father’s health continue to decline as he enters the late stages of Alzheimer’s disease, she expressed her gratitude for sweet memories in a touching Instagram post.

Ashley shared a video of herself with her father while he was still able to remember lyrics and play guitar. The two are casually hanging out, picking out a song on their guitars and swapping verses. Ashley writes, “Looking back, I was so thankful for the time I got to spend with my dad while touring with him and living at home with him during his struggle with Alzheimer’s. Every moment of that time together was precious and even though he may not be able to remember it today, I do. And I always will.”
:arrow: See article and video here: http://rare.us/story/this-thanksgiving- ... gratitude/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maybe Cowpoke can find the time to embed this video here for fans to view on the forums.