Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

I'm Not Gonna Miss You - EP Release

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: I'm Not Gonna Miss You - EP Release

Post by Dee »

Country Weekly magazine (January 5, 2015) identifies their "Best of 2014":

In the TOP 10 SONGS category, Glen Campbell's "I'm Not Gonna Miss You" ranked #3. The short write-up and small photo are super.

In the TOP 10 VIDEOS category, Glen Campbell's "I'm Not Gonna Miss You" ranked #3. No text, but small photo of Glen in the studio recording his last song.

The only category that Glen didn't make is the Best Albums category.

Thank you, Country Weekly!

Dee

Post by Dee »

Post by siblis » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:47 pm
The Music Club, 2014

"one of the most startling tunes of the year was Glen Campbell’s “I’m Not Gonna Miss You,” the only song I’ve ever heard written from the front end of an Alzheimer’s diagnosis"

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/the_ ... dudes.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(edited by Dee)

Dee

Post by Dee »

I'M NOT GONNA MISS YOU makes Country Weekly's list of the top 10 country songs of 2014. Wonderful review here, too.

http://www.countryweekly.com/blog/top-1 ... songs-2014" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Does anyone think that this song is more pop than country?

Dee

Post by Dee »

Cool link, Cowpoke! Thanks!

You can also VOTE for this song on the Taste of Country website!

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

I'm Not Gonna Miss You is Taste of Country Critic's Pick...

http://tasteofcountry.com/glen-campbell ... a-miss-you" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
siblis

Post by siblis »

Can anyone point me in the direction of getting the "i'll be me" EP in the mp3 format? The format off of Itunes is m4a & will not play like mp3's do on my pc.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Thanks, Cowpoke!
As of right now, the official video on YouTube has 4,438,312 views since it was published on October 7th.
Last night it had 4,390,661 views.
It HAS gone viral as stated in one of the reviews posted here on Glen Campbell Forums.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

The soundtrack EP of I'll Be Me has entered the country album charts at no. 49.

http://www.cmt.com/news/1732273/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Dee

Post by Dee »

Thanks for this exciting update on the charting of Glen's "I'm Not Gonna Miss You", Cowpoke.
I bought the current Billboard magazine and -- wow -- I felt like I was back in the sixties again when I saw Glen's name on the printed Top Country chart. (Not that I was old enough to be reading Billboard in the sixties.) :D
It's just the most amazing, perfect recognition for Glen's last song. He is back on the charts where he has always belonged. I agree with Anders' comment about I Love My Truck -- how did this song get on the charts, but other songs didn't?
I'm Not Gonna Miss You has resonated with so many people -- as Randy posted, the number of hits on YouTube is in the millions (just since September 30th!--not even a month!)
Also, I noticed that some people have used this song on YT as background music for videos dedicated to their own loved ones.
It will be interesting to see the response to the doc's soundtrack, which is scheduled for release in November, right? In the world of Billboard, is an album soundtrack considered an "album"?
Dee

siblis

Post by siblis »

Nice to see Glen moving up the charts & not Carrie Underpants, Taylor Shifty, & Blake The Cheater.