Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Dream Baby (japanese version)

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
The_Beach

Re: Dream Baby (japanese version)

Post by The_Beach »

Tried to look up to see what year it was from and couldn't find a definitive answer!

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Thanks Arlw for the super detailed information! Really appreciate it! :)

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
arlw

Post by arlw »

Dee, Jay and Cowpoke,
I will post what I have-so I hope the info assists you. There are 2 45's that I have from Japan but only 1 is the one that Glen sings it in Spanish-will bold it!

Glen Campbell- an imported 45 from Japan – Dream Baby/Here and Now. This 45 is on the White Capitol Label and is a Promo Sample Recording, imported from Japan. CR-2774. Comes complete with a terrific picture sleeve in great shape, and the 45 is mint condition. The picture sleeve is a gate-folded sleeve as it opens up like a book. Has a picture of Glen inside the booklet-it is the same picture as the “Wichita Lineman” LP! The tracks are listed in English/Japanese. On the right side of the booklet, it is ALL Japanese writing. The back of the booklet has both songs listed in English. This is a rare imported 45 made, printed and distributed in Japan. The Orchestra is arranged and conducted by Al De Lory. It is also produced by Al De Lory. (S45-76027/ S45-76026.) On this 45, there is writing from the middle part of the record down. On the top part on both sides of the label, there is nothing printed! The only thing there is some Japanese writing. No date is given, but the time frame is from the 1970’s. This is a rare Promo Sample 45 from Japan. On the picture sleeve is printed, “Y-400 Capitol TM.”) Nice colored picture sleeve of Glen Campbell.

Glen Campbell 45 Japan Picture Sleeve Sings in Japanese – DREAM BABY – (sung in Japanese)/ Houston. Capitol Records ECR-10534, early 70’s, no specific release date. Has the record, picture cover insert, and white sleeve. The insert picture sleeve has a great shot of Glen with Japanese writing and English writing on the front and the back they list both songs in English/ Japanese. EMI/MADE IN JAPAN. The record has a white label on both sides and is near mint condition! Produced By Bill Boyd. Remixed by Don Henderson. Houston is produced by Jimmy Bowen for Amos Productions, Inc. This is a very rare 45 and because of the white label, this is considered a promotional 45. (S 45-90778/S45-76027A).. Notice the difference in the 2 tracks released from Japan!

There are other countries that also released this--I have them from France, Germany, Sweden, Spain and a Mexican EP! Hope this helped--many records from Japan won't list a date as it's different from the USA copy.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Hi Dee,
thanks for your reply. About the sleeve: this is the original english language single from 1971 released in Japan. What we are looking for is actually the single for "Houston" with on the b-side Dream Baby in Japanese. Since "Houston" was a 1974 single it makes sense that is what released in 1974 in Japan as well. On the other hand, Glen toured Japan in 1975 (but also in 1974?) so maybe they released that single then. Arlw, perhaps do you have more information on this?

Dee

Post by Dee »

Not me, Cowpoke. It is an elusive dream for my little collection. Arlw? Rob? Perhaps a Japanese fan who reads these forums?

I have a photo of the picture sleeve with the record number (see below). Isn't it a great photo?
I assume this is the single version with Japanese lyrics; I am probably wrong. What is the b-side song? Houston or Here & Now?

This is the link for fans who may have missed this previously-posted recording on Glen Campbell Forums in 2016 on our SoundCloud account:
https://soundcloud.com/user-573836299/g ... n-japanese" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Glen Campbell_Japan_Single_Dream Baby_Picture Sleeve.JPG
Glen Campbell_Japan_Single_Dream Baby_Picture Sleeve.JPG (38.41 KiB) Viewed 4597 times

Cowpoke

Dream Baby (japanese version)

Post by Cowpoke »

Question: who owns a copy of the Japanese version of Dream Baby and what year was that single released? I always thought 1974 but on wikipedia someone says 1975! Thanks!