Glen Campbell Passed Away Today

* JIMMY WEBB * SESSION WORK * NEW ALBUM "ADIOS" * GLEN ON YOUTUBE * AND MORE!

Re: Glen Campbell Passed Away Today

Postby Dee » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:55 pm

Rocker Alice Cooper talks about his friendship with Glen and Kim:

New to Glen Campbell Forums? When you reach the bottom of this page, click on the next page number ------>
Dee
Site Admin

Postby arlw » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:35 pm

Some radio shows have aired a tribute to Glen this morning, but will repeat it at 4:20PM CT. One is KSCS 96.3, played one and KLUV as well--for the Dallas area people and hopefully some of you can also look this up as they will probably do it in your town as well. "The Light Will Always Be Shining On Him." The Rhinestone Cowboy will always be in our hearts forever. Sympathies to all the Campbell's. God Bless You All, and to Glen who gave us everything and more!
arlw

Postby Mike Joyce » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:55 am

BBC radio 2 have been doing tributes to Glen playing the hits on various programmes.
Chris Evan's did one this morning lastin 10 minutes.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05bxhzv
There will also be a special tribute this evening on Radio 2 at 11PM
The Country show tomorrow at 7PM will also do a tribute. There is also a two part programme about Glen see link.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/search?filter=prog ... ell#page=2
It's gratifying to see a great deal of good will to the news of Glen's passing and a recognition of Glen's importance to the music world.
Mike Joyce

Postby jay » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:16 am

...at some point, the hurt will be replaced by the memories. Glen left us with quite a few. Prayers and heartfelt sadness to Kim and the kids. Rest in Peace Glen. We are going to miss you.
jay

Postby Mike Joyce » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:31 am

I heard the news from a friend this morning. I was glad to hear this from someone who understood how I would be feeling. As Jimmy said, we knew it was coming but it hurts no less for that. A Legend has passed and our comfort is now in everything we possess of him and all our cherished memories.
I remember outside a concert, Glen was signing autographs, I had gotten Glen's autograph last time he was in the UK ,so I just said "May I shake you hand" and he gladly extended his arm out and I shook the hand of my hero.
Mike Joyce

Postby Randy » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:21 am

Being fortunate enough to attend many many of Glen's great shows, I always hated the show to end. Felt so good, so uplifted. And the thing that really impressed so much about his talent, was seeing his peers, stars in their own rights, share those same feelings. He could sit down and perform in front of the best of the best, and to easily see, the joy in their eyes, is something really special. His life may have ended here, but he lives on in our hearts.

My deepest condolences to his family.
Randy

Postby Cowpoke » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:46 am

As this news start to sink in, my heart feels heavy. I cannot bring myself to write about all Glen's many accomplishments. Today is a sad day. My thoughts are with his family, especially Glen's wife Kim. Glen would be so proud of her, as she is proud of him.
I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Cowpoke

Postby BobHewitt1 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:41 am

RIP Glen you will be sadly missed as you have been for the last six years that we haven't been able to see you perform live. Thanks for the many concerts where you entertained my wife and I like no one else could. Your like will not be seen again. Condolences to his family friends and fans
BobHewitt1

Postby Dee » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:28 pm

I am at a loss for words, Glen's passing has been a shock for me, as it is for fans all over the world today.
Reading the fan posts here is so uplifting at this sad time.
Saying prayers for Glen's family members and his long-time friends.

Thank you for your beautiful music and all the laughs, Glen Campbell (especially your Roger Miller jokes).
Thank you for showing me that anything is possible when you put your mind to it.
Dee
New to Glen Campbell Forums? When you reach the bottom of this page, click on the next page number ------>
Dee
Site Admin

Postby gtrglenn » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:56 pm

Usually, I limit myself to one GC song per performance, but today I was doing a volunteer strolling gig at a nursing/rehab facility and did "Less of Me" for a lady who had just come from Bible study' "Galveston" for someone else and finally "Gentle On My Mind" for a resident who didn't speak English well (I wanted something with a pretty melody). Then I get in my car after the gig and hear of his passing. Coincidence? I think not.

Since creating my "Glenn Sings Glen" tribute show a few years ago, I've felt a special connection to Glen and his music . It's magic to sing his songs. I hope I will help keep his legacy alive.

Prayers for Kim and the family.
gtrglenn

PreviousNext

Return to All Things Glen ~ Dear Glen, Rest in Peace