Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Remembering Glen Campbell (currently 12 pages, 100+ posts)

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
MikeM12

Re: Remembering Glen Campbell (currently 12 pages, 100+ posts)

Post by MikeM12 »

Probably common knowledge by now, free to watch Tubi TV has 8 Goodtime Hour shows. Seeing duets with Murray and he with Cash & Perkins, references made of Cash about to start his variety show. A GTH Country Special '72 & Christmas '69, the movie I'll Be Me along with a couple other concerts being shown. And it's great to see the classic True Grit on Prime Video and another I like Elvis 2023 movie also on Prime.

MikeM12

Post by MikeM12 »

Just watched on Netflix the 2022 documentary The Return of Tanya Tucker, featuring Brandi Carlile as I see as the main reason of getting Tanya back into a recording studio for a new album & tour. As I and many others enjoyed Tucker's songs from early years, Carlile was a fanatic fan and to me, it seemed she wanted to revisit that time and get Tanya back into the recording studio for new songs, as references were made to this and the Johnny Cash late recordings with Rick Rubin. Tanya mentioned Elvis as being a huge influence on her and music as she talks about wearing appropriate apparel on stage, to move in his type of gestures. Glen is heavily referenced about an hour into this documentary with interview clips & photos. Carlile always kept positive of Tanya & the songs and to me, she was the driving influence of getting this done and keeping Tanya on track.

jay

A longtime friend, Glenn Manion (Glenn sings Glen), and his wife

Post by jay »

Will be presenting their Glen Campbell tribute show on Sunday, March 19, 2023 at Locust Valley Library, 170 Buckram Road, Locust Valley, NY 11560.

The program will start at 2:00 p.m. Registration is not required, no reserved seating,

glenn (Custom).jpg
glenn (Custom).jpg (8.5 KiB) Viewed 20592 times

Info: (516) 671-1837

Co-sponsored by Town of Oyster Bay Distinguished Artist Series.

https://squeakycleanband.com/show/glenn-sings-glen/

MikeM12

Post by MikeM12 »

I'm sure this may have been addressed but curious why Glen didn't perform Galveston & Wichita Lineman on the New Jersey live album.

MikeM12

Post by MikeM12 »

Tonight, Circle Network (airs previous Austin City Limits concerts) on free Tubi tv is showing Glen's only appearance on Austin City Limits ('85) along with Eddie Raven.

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

I recently replaced my vehicle, so I now had a DAB radio. I was delighted to find 2 country radio stations which I cold not get before. Virtually everyday Glen is played. I even heard Dock of the bay, which I don't think I have heard on the radio since the Seventies. It really takes me back to when Glen was king of the airwaves and is a great treat when I am driving about. It's like I'm 23 again.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Two years have passed since Glen left this world for A Better Place...

May he long be remembered.

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Tribute to Glen Campbell sung by former American former football quarterback Terry Bradshaw at The Opry.

In 1996 Terry and Glen recorded a duet together ("You Never Know Just How Good You've Got It") so they surely knew each other!

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Randy

Post by Randy »

So true Jay when Glen sang you felt it. Lately I've been watching the BBC doc and love the Carol Kaye comments and Jerry Fuller saying "There's a certain honesty about Glen's rendition of all the songs he's recorded, it's like he lived it, and I to this day wonder if the guy ever did leave Phoenix"

jay

Post by jay »

Good morning Bonnie!
Gosh, there are so many songs that Glen did that were better than the folks that get credit for them. Glen could put feeling in his voice...which changed the scope of delivery. You FELT those songs by J. Webb. Jimmy has to be very thankful Glen knew a good song (for him) when he came across it. I think that Glen was able to express, vocally, the way Jimmy felt when he wrote the songs.
The songs on Meet Glen Campbell are another example of ... he just could own a song he liked in his delivery.

I am sure you saw this...but if you didn't, I enjoyed the video....
https://www.facebook.com/glencampbellof ... 366033029