Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Glen Campbell - People Magazine Dec. 18th Issue NEW!

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
admin
Site Admin

Re: Glen Campbell - People Magazine Dec. 18th Issue NEW!

Post by admin »

Welcome LawrenceN!

Depending on your location, the Commemorative PEOPLE issue (new and used) is available on ebay and amazon; possibly other sites, too.

For example:, the UK's ebay:

https://tinyurl.com/y8fwq6a6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The advantage to buying it now is that many listed copies on these sites are selling for half price!

Good luck--we hope you can obtain one soon!

LawrenceN

Post by LawrenceN »

Dee wrote:August 31, 2017

Good news for collectors! A Commemorative Edition of PEOPLE magazine, dedicated to Glen Campbell, is expected to be on newsstands in September through 12/8/2017 (or until sold out). This special issue is aptly titled "A Life in Song". We love this cover photo of Glen playing one of his Ovation guitars (that I have been challenged to identify). :)
$14.99 USD

(Note that the code "JP0030" will not appear on the front cover; it is a secondary market identifier.)

Question for fans in other countries: Are these special issues sold in your country? U.K.? The Netherlands? Australia? others?
People Magazine_Glen Campbell_Commemorative Edition 09.2017-sm.jpg
I only wish these were sold where I am. Do you think they'll pop up on ebay or similar sites?

Dee

Post by Dee »

Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums, Diane Marie. Thanks for asking!

The December 18th issue with the one page tribute is still on magazine stands in the U.S. (grocery stores, pharmacies, Target, book stores, etc.).

It can also be purchased online, digital or print at: https://backissues.people.com/storefron ... 71218.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
However, the print copy costs an additional $4.00 to mail!!

Less expensive new and used copies are available on ebay. Perhaps amazon, too?

We hope you can find a copy. Glen's page is a full-page color photo with a very short paragraph. On the opposite page is a tribute to Mary Tyler Moore.
Not bad for The Rhinestone Cowboy!
Or should I say, not bad for Laura Petrie! :)

Dee

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Hi Diane Marie, welcome to Glen Campbell Forums! I am not sure what the best way to get one of these magazines is. Maybe Dee or Arlw can give some advice?

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Diane Marie

Post by Diane Marie »

How can I get one of these magazines?

arlw

Post by arlw »

I got this one as well....Nice picture and great article. This particular magazine is a double issue!! Maybe it's me, but for some reason, they advertise Glen but they give him 1 page???

Dee

Post by Dee »

Thanks, Ar!
Here's another one, with a big thanks to our member, Shelia, who shared this info.
(I passed right by this one on the newsstand at the grocery store the other night. Exhausted and $250. poorer than when I had walked into the store. Just sayin'.)

The December 18th PEOPLE magazine double issue has a full-page tribute to Glen Campbell as part of the feature article "2017 The Year in Pictures." Page 135 to be exact!
Prince Harry's Meghan Markle is pictured in the center of the front cover.

Below is a preview of the cover and part of Glen's tribute page.
December 18 2017 People Magazine Cover-gcf-sm.jpg
December 18 2017 People Magazine Cover-gcf-sm.jpg (46.77 KiB) Viewed 15011 times

arlw

Re: Glen Campbell - People Magazine (Dec. 4th Issue)

Post by arlw »

Picked up my copy today of the People Magazine! Gotta have the real thing! Nice article and terrific pictures.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Glen Campbell - People Magazine (Dec. 4th Issue)

Post by admin »

Here is the article Shelia gave us a heads up about -- online (and in print):

Glen Campbell's Widow Opens Up About the Emotional Final Days of His Alzheimer's Battle: 'There's a Sense of Relief'

People Country
November 30, 2017
People.com.jpg
People.com.jpg (12.18 KiB) Viewed 15076 times
“There was a time when all I could remember was the sickness,” Kim Campbell tells PEOPLE of the Alzheimer’s disease that took her husband Glen Campbell‘s life on Aug. 8. “But now that he’s passed, the good memories are starting to flood back in.”
:arrow: http://people.com/country/glen-campbell ... inal-days/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Re: Glen Campbell - People Magazine (Dec. 4th)

Post by Dee »

Many thanks to Shelia for sharing this update:

Nov. 28th: The new issue of People magazine--December 4th--has a one page article on Kim saying goodbye to Glen.
It has several pictures of the two of them and the family.