Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Re: See You There

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Saturday, January 04, 2014 - 06:51 am:

From the Wichita Falls Times Record News, Friday January 3, 2014. Journalist Don Chance makes a list of the top 10 country albums of the year. At number 6:

"SEE YOU THERE" BY GLEN CAMPBELL

Glen Campbell wanted to record his big hits one last time before his debilitating disease ended his career forever, and the results are as astounding as they are poignant.

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 - 02:45 pm:

This blogger made a list of the 74 best albums of the year and wrote a short review of every album. See You There is at number 65.

http://joellindstrom.com/2013/12/05/my- ... s-of-2013/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 10:25 am:

Cowpoke that was a great link. What the purpose and what was achieved on SYT to me is brilliant. Poignant is correct in that the album shows the amazing talent and heart of Glen Campbell highlighted. Simple as that.

-Randy Moore

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 09:18 am:

I am surprised looking at a few tracks, that they are not longer. If you go away 3.37 and Early morning song 3.33. I thought both these tracks were at least four minutes.
In relation to Glen's longest song, it would have to be "Today" on the Galveston album. That is 24 hours.
And yes Stephen, that is cheating.

-Mike Joyce

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 03:06 am:

I remember that Randy. That really was a funny part in Glen's book.

Here's an article about SYT en the engineer who worked on that record...

http://mixonline.com/recording/artists_ ... you_there/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Saturday, November 16, 2013 - 06:36 pm:

I think unintentionally of course Glen's corporate show he did for John Deere (pg. 180,181) of his book describes the super long intro of Gentle that had to go on when first the switch to raise the curtain was on the other side than what they thought and then Glen gets stuck inside a tractor and when he finally gets the door open and jumps out, his clothing hangs on the door. I'm sure by the time he finally got to singing many minutes had passed.

Think he says when they asked him back,,, they asked for a shorter intro. Lol

-Randy Moore

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Saturday, November 16, 2013 - 03:53 pm:

LOL. Except, Glen didn't sing Don Ho's version of course.

I took a quick look. I think the longest song Glen did, not counting medleys or live versions, is....

There's No Me Without You (6:16)

Second is "The Four Horsemen" (5:05) and "MacArthur Park" only comes third (4:47) , because the studio version is actually a shortened version.

However, the live version of MacArthur Park on the 2001 live album is the longest single song Glen has done (7:36).

But maybe someone else can find longer ones. I seem to remember that "Guitar Gold" by Stan Capps And His Piano Featuring Glen Campbell has some really long instrumental songs, but Glen's involvement in that record, recorded in 1958 and released 10 years later, is disputed.

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Saturday, November 16, 2013 - 02:37 pm:

Just to add to my last post, Glen might joke the longest song he ever sang was Don Hoe's version of Galveston. Glen once said,it was so slow he thought it wouldn't end.

-stephen.taylor

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Saturday, November 16, 2013 - 02:35 pm:

If Glen is to sing 3 songs in my living room,then I need to pick the 3 longest songs. Macarthur Park-the 4 horsemen and Triloqy. Or could I have a 3 part melody of every album track or is that cheating.

Question- is Macarthur park the longest song Glen recorded?

-stephen.taylor

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2013 - 06:42 am:

I would love Postcard from Paris
The moon's a harsh mistress and Today is mine
So many others though. It would like being in a sweet shop. It wouldn't be about what you choose but what you had to leave behind.

-Mike Joyce