Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Re: See You There

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Sunday, August 18, 2013 - 02:04 pm:

Great News from Europe:

See You There enters the UK Album Chart at #35, one notch higher than NME predicted. It's topping the UK
country chart where GOTC re-enters at #17.

-Anders Thelin

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Saturday, August 17, 2013 - 09:59 am:

I have to admit ,I was entirely wrong about this album. I thought it would be a flop and the critics would slate it,all be it in a nice way due to Campbell's illness. It is doing well in charts and is getting good reviews. I still have very strong reservations that from an artistic point of view it is a disappointment . But top hats to his promotion team who put the sales up,just when the wind was blowing its strongest.

It is odd that some of Glen's great albums of the 80's had a quite response in terms of commercial response,but this album,Glen's weakest since 'my hits and love songs' is sailing the seas. Or maybe I am like what Glen said about his second wife, 'she has good ears but no holes in it'.

In the 60's I thought Webb was gold dust for Glen,but not right for Glen now. The credit for making Glen relevant and contempory goes to Julian Raymond. I thought a return to Webb songs would sink Glen's ship.But it looks like in the short term at least I was wrong about that.

I wish Glen had, had this promotion team and JR around about 10 years ago when Glen would have fully understood and apreciated it.

Despite my personnal reservations,I wish Glen all the best with 'see you there'

-stephen.taylor

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Saturday, August 17, 2013 - 06:59 am:

Wonderful, uplifting USA Today interview posted on Glen's official website:

http://glencampbellmusic.com/usa-today- ... h-article/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Thursday, August 15, 2013 - 05:30 pm:

Got my copy of SEE YOU THERE today....I love it! I also enjoyed the great write up by Glen and Kim Campbell. The booklet included is great and I like the trifold and how it opens up!

In my opinion, Glen took the well known tracks and made it HIS OWN! Not taking anything away from the great writers such as Jimmy Webb, John Hartford, Larry Weiss, and Dorsey Burnette who wrote them as we all remember how Glen recorded these tracks many years ago but hey, lets give credit to Glen for re-doing these songs in a different fashion so to speak. More guitars, accordions, strings, pedal steel, dobros, banjos, harmonicas and very light percussion! Three of these tracks were written by Glen and Julian Raymond and I think they did a great job.

In all honesty, I admire Glen for working on this project and thanks to Julian an all others involved to getting this CD made and released to the world! If you buy the CD, please read what Kim and Glen wrote inside this trifold-it is what it is folks-I for one love anything that Glen records. Yea, you get used to the same old song and the same beat and the same key, but this time, really listen to the REAL GLEN!

-Arlw

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Thursday, August 15, 2013 - 02:20 am:

From nme.com in England:

"Elsewhere in the Album Chart, US country star Glen Campbell looks set to enter at Number 36 with his new full-length, 'See You There'."

-Anders Thelin

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 05:41 pm:

"...the remarkable strength of Campbell’s voice...."

http://mimo.recordingconnection.com/gle ... -with-see-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; you-there/965722/

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 11:56 pm:

Interesting! Just like "What I Wouldn't Give" and "There's No Me...Without You", the new song on See You There, "Waiting On The Comin' Of My Lord", was written by Glen Campbell and Julian Raymond.

Also, "Waiting On The Comin' Of My Lord" feat. Jose Hernandez & Mariachi Del Sol De Mexico is an original unreleased bonus track from the "Ghost On The Canvas" album. It was produced by Julian Raymond and recorded and mixed by Howard Willing.

Source: the CD's digital booklet (which has great pictures of Glen!)

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 07:53 pm:

Reviews from Rolling Stone, Boston Globe and a few others below:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/album ... e-20130813" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/def ... dyssey=mod" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; %7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE%7Cfeatured [Great video! --Dee]

-Hyde

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Monday, August 12, 2013 - 05:24 pm:

A SEE YOU THERE album review by Mark Lepage for the Montreal Gazette:

"Where do you want to start with the poignancy?"

http://www.montrealgazette.com/mobile/e ... review+Gle" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; n+Campbell+There/8779412/story.html [Article no longer available. -- Dee]

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Monday, August 12, 2013 - 01:13 pm:

Hal Horowitz reviews SEE YOU THERE for American Songwriter:

http://www.americansongwriter.com/2013/ ... you-there/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-Cowpoke