Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Re: See You There

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Friday, August 30, 2013 - 07:07 pm:

Top marks Mike -I was thinking of live at the Royal festival hall as a trick question. However I am surprised at how many albums dont have the same titled track when you study the list.I hadn't thought of MGC.

-stephen.taylor

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Friday, August 30, 2013 - 06:49 pm:

Stephen,
I guess your thinking of Meet Glen Campbell.
There are quite a few though. Here are some off the top of my head.
The Legacy,The Glen Campbell album, Glen, The artistry of Glen Campbell, The big bad rock guitar of GC, 12 string special, GC sings America, Greatest Hits, 20 Golden greats, Here I am, This is Glen Campbell,That Christmas feeling, GC live,
GC live at the Royal Festival Hall,GC live in Dublin, GC live in Japan, Reunion, I remember Hank Williams, GC and Bobbie Gentry, GC and Anne Murray,Glen Travis Campbell,Hits and Love songs,The Good time album, Big Bluegrass special,
I am sure there are others I have forgot.
Do you have any Glen Campbell albums Stephen, LOL

-Mike Joyce

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Friday, August 30, 2013 - 06:33 pm:

Cowpoke, You may have already seen this but I thought some of the USA members might be interested.
These are the details of Glen's chart success in the UK.
Its amazing that Glen has managed to span 5 decades and still have something worthwhile to offer.

http://www.officialcharts.com/artist/_/glen%20campbell/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-Mike Joyce

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Friday, August 30, 2013 - 05:09 pm:

Hey everyone,
I have just caught up with all the posts. So much good stuff to read. I will need to spend a bit of time adding comments but would like to say first off--
I received my copy of SYT and I must say playing it on a good HIFI makes all the difference.
Its great to read all the positive reviews and in a way I feel bad for doubting that the album would be all I had hoped for. I guess sometimes its hard to see the wood for the trees in as much its hard to take it on its own merits as the reviewers seem to have done.

-Mike

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Friday, August 30, 2013 - 03:45 pm:

Update on the Billboard charts.

SYT is at 46 on the Independent Album Chart (last week 16) and at 34 on the Country Album Chart (last week 22)

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Friday, August 30, 2013 - 09:06 am:

And in addition to the recent Uk chart information I posted below.

Ghost on the Canvas reentered last week at no. 17 in the country album charts. This week, it's still at no. 17. What I didn't know is that the album has spend 77 weeks on that chart in total!

I really wonder how much copies of Ghost were sold worldwide.

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Friday, August 30, 2013 - 08:12 am:

Glen is still on number 1 on the Country Album Chart in the UK, in his second week on the charts.

http://www.officialcharts.com/country-charts/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On the general Album Chart See You There is now at number 66 (last week 35).

http://www.officialcharts.com/albums-chart/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In the USA, the album has now spent 25 days in the top 100 on the Amazon Best Sellers list, and going up (currently at number 66).

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-musi ... p_ts_m_1#4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 - 04:21 pm:

Becky I think you are the first to make any statement about what 'see you there' means. I am just trying to think if there is any other album that does not have a song with the same name as the album title. I can see where the heaven bit might fit in,but for me I then prefer it to be 'see you later' much late.

I have just thought of a Glen Campbell album that did not have a song with the title as the album title. I dont think it will take too long for someone to name it,but over to the forum.

-stephen.taylor

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 - 03:47 pm:

See You There is Cool Album of the Day.

http://coolalbumreview.com/?p=32789&utm ... eed&utm_ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; mpaign=Feed%3A+CoolAlbumOfTheDay+(Cool+Album+of+the+Day)

Interesting quote:
Will these new versions make you forget the originals. No, you won’t forget them. But for me, I know I’ll be listening to these new versions much more frequently than the old.

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 - 07:16 am:

I agree with Becky. And remember, as late as June 2012, Glen could sing that song without missing a word, when he recorded it in the studio (with a lyrics sheet in front of him) for that Daytrotter session.

http://www.daytrotter.com/#!/concert/gl ... 55828-2651" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would not surprise me if he did that in 1 take!

When they say they didn't plan to release the SYT recordings, I think they mean that they didn't start out doing them with the plan of making an album. However when they had a bunch of them, it became obvious they were too good to be left on the shelve.

I love the album too. Which reminds me, I haven't posted my own review yet!

-Cowpoke