Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Glen Campbell circa 2012 photo details query

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
jeremylr

Re: Glen Campbell circa 2012 photo details query

Post by jeremylr »

Dee busted my cover lol.....thank you for finding the Glen story that I published over the weekend. I hesitated to share it until we had figured out the photo details. I also wrote a Rick Nelson songwriting article that may well be better than the one on Glen. Regarding "The Jeremy C. Dunn Collection / Facebook" credit........that is where I accidentally found the shot of Glen that started this thread maybe 3 years ago. Dunn has hundreds of vintage Glen images, but unfortunately he is not the photographer, just a passionate collector. Kim Campbell may well own the rights to the image if she commissioned the photo session.

"When Am I Gonna Be Loved"......this is completely new research to me. I wonder how many other Glen songs I may have missed. Did Glen ever cut the song, or was it only a Dack & Dirk Rambo release? Incidentally over the weekend I had a spirited debate on Facebook which convinced me to add "Turn Around, Look at Me" to the list of Glen's songwriting.....the GC forum played a prominent role as sections from Glen's autobiography had been uploaded here by Dee explaining why Glen felt Jerry Capehart cheated him.....and PS.......does anyone know what year Glen fired Capehart as his manager?

jeremylr

Post by jeremylr »

The photo was taken prior to July 2012 as a variation from the same photo shoot cropped up in an online article that month when Glen had to cancel some Australia tour dates....thanks so much Jay for your contributions so far....don't think I have ever spent so much time trying to nail down a date / photographer for a photo that was taken only five years ago. It's been elusive! The identify of the Martin acoustic guitar [anybody know what particular year/model] helps considerably and I appreciate it.

http://www.vintagevinylnews.com/2012/07 ... -tour.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jay

Post by jay »

I am guessing 2012 also...after the tour.
His hair looks as thin as some others from that time period and
It seemed after the tour, Kim did a lot of prof. settings with guitars that were important to Glen.
This setting is the Martin...which I am guessing...is 2nd only to the epi in terms of history with Glen, that he retained in his collection.

If you can give me a URL or location of other pictures from this shoot, I can try to extract the exif data from them to get a date.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Appears to be from:
The Glen Campbell Goodbye Tour 2012
Image Credit: The Jeremy C. Dunn Collection / Facebook
Jeremy Dunn's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/JeremyC.Dunn/p ... friends_tl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sourced from an article for Medium, "The complete songwriting list of ‘Wichita Lineman’ Glen Campbell", written by Jeremy L. Roberts:

Discographers here on the board could add to this list if there is interest. For example:
Glen Campbell_Photo_Single_When Am I Gonna Be Loved_written by GC_Sung by Dack and Dirk Rambo_Zing.jpg
Glen Campbell_Photo_Single_When Am I Gonna Be Loved_written by GC_Sung by Dack and Dirk Rambo_Zing.jpg (23.54 KiB) Viewed 7536 times
The A side was written by Jerry Fuller and sung by Dack and Dirk Rambo. The B side was written by Glen Campbell and performed by Dack & Dirk Rambo.
"A Jerry Fuller Production"
1960-something

jeremylr

Post by jeremylr »

Fingers crossed the photo is finally visible using ImageTitan.....no idea why Photo Bucket is causing those issues but sorry about that.

Link updated by Admin on 12/14/17 from Photo Bucket to:
http://www.gettyimages.com/license/122173253" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Jeremy,
sadly I cannot see the picture. Only a image that says "Please update your account to enable third party hosting". Maybe you can find another link to the picture? I'm curious to see it! Thanks.

jeremylr

Glen Campbell circa 2012 photo details query

Post by jeremylr »

Hi, can anyone help me pinpoint the date, photographer, and any other details about the attached pic of Glen? Possibly taken in 2012???? I have seen several shots from this same session so it was obviously a professional sitting. Thanks so much,

Jeremy

Link updated by Admin on 12/14/17 from Photo Bucket to:
http://www.gettyimages.com/license/122173253" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;