Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

True Grit: Do You Have It?

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
admin
Site Admin

Re: True Grit: Do You Have It?

Post by admin »

Posted on Thursday, July 31, 2014 - 06:08 pm:

Hi Dee,

I have the 2010 Blue ray disc. I had it as a birthday gift. The bonus material doesn't contain anything to do with the original film, except a small clip from the 1969 film and a still shot of the cast looking at the book. Glen is holding the book.The bonus film is about Charles Portis and the five books he wrote. The first book was in fact Norwood. Sadly they didn't even mention the fact it had been made into a film. The other bonus material is regarding the Cast and how they re-created Fort Worth and stayed true to the clothing fashions of the period including the hats etc.
Its all interesting stuff for the fans. I think the biggest point that struck me was that the new film was done to reflect the story from Mattie Ross's perspective. It was also interesting to find out that in the book Glen's character Labeouf doesn't get killed, as is the case in the new film also.So why did they kill him in the 1969 version ?. I have to say my big disappointment with the new film was the problem of trying to hear Jeff Bridges talk.I know he played a drunkard but he just seemed to mumble every line.

-Mike Joyce

admin
Site Admin

Re: True Grit: Do You Have It?

Post by admin »

Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 10:02 am:

Dee.....I have to ask him, but I think my Brother has it

-Siblis1