Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Glen Campbell Remembers John Denver

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
dee2

Glen Campbell Remembers John Denver

Post by dee2 »

Just after John Denver tragically passed away on October 12, 1997, Glen Campbell did an interview with (Sir) Paul Holmes, New Zealand TV (TVNZ), Below is the station's description as well as the link to two excerpts from this programme, at times with just Glen and his acoustic guitar:

On 12 October 1997 legendary country singer John Denver was tragically killed in a plane crash. Friend and fan Glen Campbell was touring New Zealand at the time, and he stopped by TVNZ's Auckland Network Centre for an interview with Paul Holmes, and a tribute performance in the atrium, with TVNZ staff gathering to watch. Campbell discusses his friend’s love of flying, desire to go into space, and his happiness in his final years. He covers Denver classic 'Take Me Home, Country Roads' and concludes the interview with a rendition of his own hit, 'Rhinestone Cowboy'.

:arrow: :arrow: TWO segments, the 2nd should automatically follow the first one: https://www.nzonscreen.com/title/holmes ... enver-1997

I really admire the writers because I'm not a writer per se. But I'm an interpreter of songs you know. I kind of take a song and make it fit Glen Campbell.
– Glen Campbell