Read our latest post about Glen's early years in New Mexico:
"Texas Slim"
(c) 2014-2020 GLEN CAMPBELL FORUMS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Glen Campbell Picture Album

* REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL * 2017 CMA WIN! * PINTEREST * AND MORE
Cowpoke

Re: Glen Campbell Picture Album

Post by Cowpoke » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:08 pm

Arlw, do you know about a certain Chad Allen for whom Glen wrote "Little Lonely"?

Here are two old b&w pictures of Chad,Glen and others.

http://www.thechadallen.com/?page_id=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:38 am

Glen signing records in London (1972)?

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:47 pm

It feels like Glen was groomed at this point to create his image for his now growing success. It certainly served him well. His image on the album covers would have played a big part in helping them move from the shelves.
Like my self, when I walk past a mirror I see Brad Pitt, then I put my glasses on and realise my mistake. :geek:

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:07 am

Well
Gentle was recorded in a hurry on 17 May 1967 and these pictures are from February so... I was thinking maybe the country succes of Burning Bridges made Capitol decide some new promo pictures were in order?

Dee
Site Admin

Post by Dee » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:08 pm

I love this photo of Glen!

This is a wild guess: maybe this photo was taken for the Gentle On My Mind album cover?

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:34 am

This and a few other pictures on gettyimages.com are from a February 1967 fotoshoot.

So, this is what Glen looked like just before he broke through with "Gentle On My Mind", released in June 1967. I wonder for which occasion these pictures were made...

Dee
Site Admin

Post by Dee » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:52 am

New photograph of Glen Campbell, his signature Ovation guitar, and Grammy Award trophy!

The recent online PEOPLE magazine link posted on Glen Campbell Forums (http://www.people.com/article/glen-camp ... ers-battle" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) included outstanding photos taken by professional photographer Henry Diltz.

On Morrison Hotel Gallery's website is another Diltz photo that we just love: http://www.morrisonhotelgallery.com/pho ... 732&setID=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Grammy Award trophy in the foreground of this photo is likely the one Glen received for Best Country Song at the 2015 Grammys (with co-writer Julian Raymond) for "I’m Not Gonna Miss You".

Diltz is a well-known, long-time photographer in the music industry. You may not know his name, but you will recognize his artwork that has appeared on albums, in LIFE magazine, and more. CBS Sunday Morning featured Diltz earlier this year: https://youtu.be/n6OXzsUQWpg?list=PLXRW ... nirjjvSTD-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee
Site Admin

Post by Dee » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:07 pm

Sharing this photo with permission by the photographer, Priscilla White. She took this beautiful photo during the sound check for Glen Campbell and his band when they performed on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno (as seen in "Glen Campbell: I'll Be Me") on September 12, 2011. They performed "It's Your Amazing Grace" and "A Better Place".
Thank you, Priscilla!

[Click once on image to enlarge viewing window.]
Sound Check_GC and Band_Jay Leno Show_by Priscilla White.jpg
Sound Check_GC and Band_Jay Leno Show_by Priscilla White.jpg (183.42 KiB) Viewed 1281 times

Dee
Site Admin

Post by Dee » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:08 pm

Tonight I found this free-spirited photo of Ashley Campbell on ebay. It reminds me of a photo of her Dad that shows up on ebay from time to time!
I posted Glen's photo below, too. It is sometimes labelled "Leggy Dancers". (The other man is Ken Berry; I don't recognize the two women. Anyone know who they are?)
Ashley Campbell_GCF.JPG
Ashley Campbell_GCF.JPG (18.03 KiB) Viewed 1294 times
Glen Campbell_Leggy Dancers_year_photographer unknown_GCF.jpg
Glen Campbell_Leggy Dancers_year_photographer unknown_GCF.jpg (28.15 KiB) Viewed 1294 times

Photographers/sources unknown; no copyright infringement intended.

Dee
Site Admin

Post by Dee » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:55 pm

I saw this photo on ebay, and it reminds me so much of Glen Campbell's Goodbye Tour concerts.
Hope you all enjoy it, too.

[Click on image once to enlarge viewing window.]
Glen Campbell_Ashley Campbell_signed photo from ebay_GCF.jpg
Glen Campbell_Ashley Campbell_signed photo from ebay_GCF.jpg (43.6 KiB) Viewed 1293 times