Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Glen Campbell Picture Album

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Cowpoke

Re: Glen Campbell Picture Album

Post by Cowpoke »

Good suggestion Randy. However I think I found another missing piece of the puzzle. That bottle in that picture seems to be full of light. Could that be a reference to..."All I have to do is catch some lightning in a bottle..", that terrific song from the "Light Years" album?

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Randy

Post by Randy »

Cowpoke, I might give u 68 on that photo but not 88. I must be missing something :D

Dee, looks like to me that photo could easily have been taken by someone at Glen's Phoenix church. Who knows, as he looks alot like there in that photo as he did in this 1989 video from the church singing "Jesus and Me"

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Sorry for the late response but no, No More Night was 1985 and Glen still had the beard. This looks more like the newly shaven Glen of 1988, Light Years-era.

Glen with DJ Roger Carroll

Dee

Post by Dee »

A fan (Susan K.) recently posted this photo on social media. I had not previously seen it; have you?
Note how the photographer captured Glen's shadow, too.
Could this photo have been a press picture for "No More Night"?

[Click on image once to enlarge viewing window.]
Glen Campbell_Portrait_unknown photographer (not Sandra Gillard's)-gcf.jpg
Glen Campbell_Portrait_unknown photographer (not Sandra Gillard's)-gcf.jpg (50.21 KiB) Viewed 8662 times
No copyright infringement intended; photographer unknown. It is not one of Sandra "Sandie" Gillard's.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Thanks Arlw for the information! Appreciate it. Now I understand why Jerry Naylor is also on that picture with Glen and Chad!

I found this on Chad Allen's website...
"Little Lonely” was one of the hottest records ever to come out of the west coast and had broken wide-open in the San Francisco area on KYA Radio. It became pick of the week on 88 radio stations all over the Country. Over 400 Fan Clubs were working for Chad and he was invited to appear for station KOL, opening weekend at the World’s Fair.

He began appearing in all the Teenage Magazines popular at the the time. His picture appeared in “Dig”, “Teen”, “Teen Screen”‘ “16”‘ “Movie Teen Illustrated”, and many others. Chad went on to tour with his friends Dick and Dee Dee, Glen Campbell, The Lettermen, The Righteous Brothers and Ray Stevens.
There is even a picture of Chad recording "Little Lonely" in the studio!

http://i2.wp.com/www.thechadallen.com/w ... ession.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

arlw

Post by arlw »

Also from MY collection a PROMO! These are the only 2 I own!

This is a “Chad Allen” Promotional 45 on the White SMASH Label. # 1720. It is a re-issue as the original release of this recording was on Mercury Records and SMASH is a Division of Mercury Records Corporation. The tracks are “Little Lonely/Domino”. The condition of the 45 is near mint! This 45 is for Broadcast Only and Is Not For Sale. S-1720/YW-21349. American Music Inc. “Little Lonely” was written by Glen Campbell and Jerry Naylor. What makes this 45 rare and unique is they have listed this on the Promotional 45 as this: (Cambell-Jackson) so this has a miss-print of Glen’s last name. The Jackson is correct as Jerry Naylor in the 60’s went by Jerry Jackson on his writing and some recordings. He listed it as “Jackson” only. Glen also did studio work with Jerry Naylor, but nice to see both of them team up on this record for Chad Allen. No date is listed but this had to be recorded sometime in the 60’s. On this Promo 45 “Little Lonely” is the Plug Side!

arlw

Post by arlw »

DEE, From my collection and yes Glen worked with Chad Allen and guess who?

Domino/Little Lonely – This is an original released 45 by Chad Allen on the SMASH Label from 1961. A Division of Mercury Records Corp. S-1720. What makes this 45 rare is Glen Campbell is credited on the “Little Lonely” side along with Jerry Jackson. They wrote this together! It is put out by American Music, Inc. Some of the American Music Credits back in the early 60’s were Campbell-Naylor! (Jerry Naylor). This 45 is in excellent condition considering its 46 years ago that this was released. There is another Chad Allen release of these same two tracks and it is on the LAMA Label. The number is 7779-mid 1961-very rare to locate. This 45 listed is quite rare also, especially with Glen Campbell’s name credited on here for writing the track! Interesting info: The Jerry Jackson half of the songwriting credit, I am reasonably sure, is the one and only Jerry Naylor!

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Arlw, do you know about a certain Chad Allen for whom Glen wrote "Little Lonely"?

Here are two old b&w pictures of Chad,Glen and others.

http://www.thechadallen.com/?page_id=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Glen signing records in London (1972)?

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

It feels like Glen was groomed at this point to create his image for his now growing success. It certainly served him well. His image on the album covers would have played a big part in helping them move from the shelves.
Like my self, when I walk past a mirror I see Brad Pitt, then I put my glasses on and realise my mistake. :geek: