Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Monkees Gretsch guitar

Everything from Glen Campbell's history with Ovation, other guitar talk, and guitar picks!
jay

Re: Monkees Gretsch guitar

Post by jay »

We've seen it before...It is the White Falcon Gretsch bass
white falcon.jpg
white falcon.jpg (54.61 KiB) Viewed 5619 times

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Thanks for clarifying Jay. While we're watching the Ghost on the Canvas video, Siggy Sjursen appears to be playing a bass guitar custom made for Glen, with his name on the neck. Never realized it was a bass guitar!

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
jay

Post by jay »

The Monkees model Gretsch guitar (a 6123) was available from 66 thru 68. It had to be ordered, by the music store (which means Gretsch made them by order) and was discontinued due to pathetic sales...The Monkees, at that time did not even play on their own albums. The 6123 had become popular because of George Harrison's frequent use of the Tennessean, but George would never endorse the model with Gretsch. So they settled on the Monkees, who actually played more than one Gretsch model. Best guess is that 200 Monkees model Gretsch guitars were produced. Today, the Gretsch Monkees Signature Guitar is a highly sought after collectible. Who knew. I'm guessing it was loaned to, or part of the cache of guitars the studio has where Glen recorded GOTC.
Micky poses with a Monkees model Gretsch guitar
Micky poses with a Monkees model Gretsch guitar
6123.jpg (118.54 KiB) Viewed 5635 times

Cowpoke

Monkees Gretsch guitar

Post by Cowpoke »

http://www.monkeesconcerts.com/blog/gle ... 2011-video" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...