Farewell Blue Guitar

Glen's history with Ovation and other guitar talk. NEW: Danny Schorr's GC Guitar Tutorials!

Re: Farewell Blue Guitar

Postby Mlwalshct » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:42 pm

It is a G&L Comanche. Check them out. It was Leo Fender's last company founded with George Fullerton. Vastly superior to Fender!
Mlwalshct

Postby jay » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:52 pm

Glen started playing the G&L right around 2000. If you take notice to Glens choice of electric guitars outside of Ovation, he seemed to really like the Strat. The G&L could be considered a strat rip off, except Leo (the "L" in G&L) Fender helped design and produce it (again). Someday I will hook up with the right folks to get the story of how Glen got the Comanche and his desire to keep it. I am pretty sure Glen's was a custom build. I haven't ever seen a Comanche in that color.

Most of Glen's straps were custom made. Maybe LM...you never know. He seemed to prefer the wider ones, eh? Maybe a gift?
jay

Postby Dee » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:32 pm

Hi, john,

I found one of my pics that shows more of the guitar strap Glen is using at a Goodbye Tour concert.
The strap is magnified in this photo so that you and/or other fans can now identify it.

Good luck with your search for the G&L Comanche and guitar strap! Please keep us posted!

Glen Campbell_Goodbye Tour_Oct 26 2012_GCF_c. D. Zink.jpg
Glen Campbell_Goodbye Tour_Oct 26 2012_GCF_c. D. Zink.jpg (20.23 KiB) Viewed 1675 times
New to Glen Campbell Forums? When you reach the bottom of this page, click on the next page number ------>
Dee
Site Admin

Re: Farewell Blue guitar

Postby Mike Joyce » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:07 am

Hi John,
don't know if you missed my post. I was asking if you play the black Ovation much and do you perform at clubs at all.
I bet it sounds real nice.
Mike
Mike Joyce

Postby john » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:43 pm

OK out there. Who can tell me what make of strap Glen is using in the photo. I need to know so I can buy one!
john

Postby Mike Joyce » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:33 pm

Hi John,
Do you play the Ovation much or perform anywhere? I agree the black one is a great looking guitar. The trouble is, every time I see Glen use a different guitar, I want that one as well. I found a Glen Campbell 6 string acoustic guitar a few years ago, its my pride and joy. I keep it in the living room on a stand and play it most days so that I can improve and learn songs etc. I also bought a new Ovation semi acoustic which is great at the clubs as I can plug in and finger pick with more volume.
I would love a Adamas model of course but that is a bit beyond my budget considering the level I play at. Perhaps if I win the lottery.
Mike Joyce

Postby john » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:03 pm

The black Ovation at the very top right is my favorite. Its a little hard to see it. I have one just like it.
john

Postby Dee » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:59 pm

Thanks, John!

Your info syncs with this labelled photo of Glen Campbell with his guitars (at least some of them!) that fans Jay, Paul and Bluebird had put together and posted previously:

https://glencampbellfan.files.wordpress ... rs_1_0.jpg

Here is that same photo but without the labels from Glen's website:

http://glencampbellmusic.com/wp-content ... 8-3706.jpg

Considering that Glen used this guitar on his last tour as well as the prominent placement of the G&L Comanche in this photo, it must have been a more recent favorite.

When one of our guitar experts pops back in on the forums, we can ask if Glen had the G&L customized in any way.

Of the guitars pictured in the photo here, do you have a favorite?
New to Glen Campbell Forums? When you reach the bottom of this page, click on the next page number ------>
Dee
Site Admin

Postby john » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:00 pm

:D I found it. It is an G&L Comanche.
john

Postby Dee » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:47 pm

Thanks for confirming, john.

Can anyone here help to identify this guitar's make and model for john?
Dee
Site Admin

Next

Return to Big Bad Rock Guitar