Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Farewell Blue Guitar

Everything from Glen Campbell's history with Ovation, other guitar talk, and guitar picks!
KMFrye54

Re: Farewell Blue Guitar

Post by KMFrye54 »

Careful- it's a slippery slope. More guitars, then more stairs, then more guitars, then..

john

Post by john »

The neck and fretboard are maple. The Ovation is their less expensive Celebrity Elete and yes I need more guitars.

jay

Post by jay »

Sweet Comanche John! I am envious. To the untrained eye, it would pass as Glens. Maple fretboard? What model is the Ovation? You have more stair casing...you need more guitars! Thanks for sharing.

john

Post by john »

My Blue G&L Comanche and Ovation.
none
none
DSC_0303.JPG (2.57 MiB) Viewed 8916 times

Mlwalshct

Post by Mlwalshct »

It is a G&L Comanche. Check them out. It was Leo Fender's last company founded with George Fullerton. Vastly superior to Fender!

jay

Post by jay »

Glen started playing the G&L right around 2000. If you take notice to Glens choice of electric guitars outside of Ovation, he seemed to really like the Strat. The G&L could be considered a strat rip off, except Leo (the "L" in G&L) Fender helped design and produce it (again). Someday I will hook up with the right folks to get the story of how Glen got the Comanche and his desire to keep it. I am pretty sure Glen's was a custom build. I haven't ever seen a Comanche in that color.

Most of Glen's straps were custom made. Maybe LM...you never know. He seemed to prefer the wider ones, eh? Maybe a gift?

Dee

Post by Dee »

Hi, john,

I found one of my pics that shows more of the guitar strap Glen is using at a Goodbye Tour concert.
The strap is magnified in this photo so that you and/or other fans can now identify it.

Good luck with your search for the G&L Comanche and guitar strap! Please keep us posted!

Mike Joyce

Re: Farewell Blue guitar

Post by Mike Joyce »

Hi John,
don't know if you missed my post. I was asking if you play the black Ovation much and do you perform at clubs at all.
I bet it sounds real nice.
Mike

john

Post by john »

OK out there. Who can tell me what make of strap Glen is using in the photo. I need to know so I can buy one!

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Hi John,
Do you play the Ovation much or perform anywhere? I agree the black one is a great looking guitar. The trouble is, every time I see Glen use a different guitar, I want that one as well. I found a Glen Campbell 6 string acoustic guitar a few years ago, its my pride and joy. I keep it in the living room on a stand and play it most days so that I can improve and learn songs etc. I also bought a new Ovation semi acoustic which is great at the clubs as I can plug in and finger pick with more volume.
I would love a Adamas model of course but that is a bit beyond my budget considering the level I play at. Perhaps if I win the lottery.