Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Guitar World: Rare Guitar Boogie

Everything from Glen Campbell's history with Ovation, other guitar talk, and guitar picks!
jay

Re: Guitar World: Rare Guitar Boogie

Post by jay »

LOL Dee...I am glad you brought it up.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Thanks for confirming the Fender Jaguar Jay.
No more early morning posting without the first cup of coffee for me.

jay

Post by jay »

in the article, it states...
"Campbell, right (wearing the huge V-neck), is simply blazing on a Fender Jaguar"

Here he is on Star Route with, what is probably, the same guitar (hard to tell in B&W):

Glen liked Fenders early on and there is quite a bit of recorded history of him playing Teles, Strats, the Jaguar and even a video with him playing a Fender VI bass as well as many pictures showing him with a Fender bass, when he toured with the beach boys.

Dee

Guitar World: Rare Guitar Boogie

Post by Dee »

Glen Campbell and Phil Baugh Shred in 1965 — Video
GuitarWorld.com

High praise for Glen Campbell's guitar playing as seen on this RARE 1965 video with Phil Baugh:

http://www.guitarworld.com/glen-campbel ... ideo/25570" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(Click through two ads to view article.)

I can't tell what guitar Glen is playing here. Does anyone recognize it? In any case, doesn't this performance show that super playing is not about the guitar but about the guitar player?

Below is the direct video link. (Many thanks to Diamond Pleshaw for posting this video on YouTube!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1&v=SYE9U3-pcR8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;