Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

A Lesson in Persistence and Passion

Everything from Glen Campbell's history with Ovation, other guitar talk, and guitar picks!
Mike Joyce

Re: A Lesson in Persistence and Passion

Post by Mike Joyce »

Hi Jay,
I would imagine they would need a lot of funding, perhaps from a large guitar manufacturer who would be able to promote and distribute on a larger scale than is possible at present. Wouldn't it be swell if a few of the new artists would endorse the product like Glen did. The sky would be the limit then.

jay

Post by jay »

Right now, I think they are focused on some limited edition 50 year anniversary editions. These guitars are pretty sweet...but also carry a fairly hefty custom price tag with them. It will be interesting to see what models they design for "production" release. You have to realize that the Ovation "factory" is a shadow of its' former self. They basically have enough folks and machinery there to operate a "custom" shop. That translates into a very small production of guitars until business picks up. Hey...at least Darren was able to salvage what was needed to begin production again and so that an iconic guitar company could have another shot at remaining viable.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Great link Dee. Thanks for finding it and posting it here!

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Dee

A Lesson in Persistence and Passion

Post by Dee »

A short segment about the reopening of the Ovation guitar factory in Connecticut, USA was broadcasted on December 25th on NBC Nightly News.
Ovation Guitar Persists_NBC Nightly News_12.25.2015.jpg
Ovation Guitar Persists_NBC Nightly News_12.25.2015.jpg (66.51 KiB) Viewed 4348 times

:arrow: Watch it here: http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/vid ... 1934019704" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;