Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Which guitar did Glen use in 1967-69?

Everything from Glen Campbell's history with Ovation, other guitar talk, and guitar picks!
jay

Re: Which guitar did Glen use in 1967-69?

Post by jay »

Great question Kvalois!

1967 was a transition year for Glen and guitars. Early in 67, we see him with a Mosrite Balladere in a lot of media and we know he was pictured with his Martin during that time. Glen used the Mosrite early on in the Smothers Brothers replacement show...but dumped it as soon as he got his Ovation, which would have been mid to late 67.

So, depending on when Gentle on my Mind and By the Time I Get to Phoenix (we see the Martin exclusively in the photoshoot for Phoenix) were recorded, he may have used an Ovation, but he may have used the Martin.

In '68, I am guessing he was exclusively using Ovation in the recording studio.

Which Ovation?

Either a Balladeer or once Charlie put the Glen Campbell Deluxe Balladeer in his hands, he would have used that.

I would speculate that on Wichita Lineman, or any other record recorded in 68, it was nothing but Ovation.

There are others lurking here, that have forgotten more than I know about Glen and his guitars. Maybe they will chime in.

kvalois

Which guitar did Glen use in 1967-69?

Post by kvalois »

Hi, again:

Does anyone know which guitar (Ovation?) did Glen use to record "Gentle on My Mind," "Phoenix", "Wichita Lineman," etc?

Thanks