Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Did he ever use Marin from Australia

Everything from Glen Campbell's history with Ovation, other guitar talk, and guitar picks!
jay

Re: Did he ever use Marin from Australia

Post by jay »

cross.jpg
cross.jpg (33.56 KiB) Viewed 7186 times
I am guessing a custom classical. Good eye.

KMFrye54

Post by KMFrye54 »

(ArgghhH!!! How do I post a picture?? Deep breath, Kevin..)

Actually, Jay, I see both the black Tak and the 'Bird (which I seriously covet- already have a Tak like that). But there is a third instrument on the left side of the landing as well. I just tried to post a piece of the above image showing the guitar I'm looking at, but I seem to lack something basic when it comes to adding pictures to this forum.

Regardless, if you check between the Tak and the Bluebird in the upper left, there is what seems to be a nylon-strung neck peering out, and that neck seems to be connected to a single-cut natural top body which is mostly hidden behind the Bluebird. The neck shows clearly to the right of the Mosrite headstock.

That guitar doesn't seem to have a "normal" Ovation headstock and the decal on it is just a little too fuzzy to blow up to a decent size, but it's one I don't recognize..

I do recognize the blond Ovation 12 string on the opposite side of the landing (also mostly hiding, but you can see enough of the headstock). It's the non-Ovation on our left....

Anyone?

jay

Post by jay »

"Just noticed...it looks like a black Tak on the upper left...and the black Ovation Custom Legend is missing...which Glen seemed to like."

KMFrye54

Post by KMFrye54 »

Hmmm... there is an acoustic cutaway on the landing (top left, behind the Bluebird 12str), just barely peeking out from the blue Ovation.. I don't recognise the headstock, but it doesn't look like an Ovation to me.... Wonder what it is?

Anyone aware?

jay

Post by jay »

Loveglen1,

I have never seen Glen play a Maton. Tommy E sure makes them sound good, doesn't he? Every now and then you can see Glen with something other than an Ovation...but for the most part, he was pretty faithful to the roundbacks. If you take the "staircase" photo as showcasing the guitars Glen liked...the only acoustic that isn't an Ovation, is the Martin that he picked up fairly quickly when he moved to CA.
Staircase Guitars
Staircase Guitars
Glen Stair Guitar.jpg (1.19 MiB) Viewed 7211 times
Just noticed...it looks like a black Tak on the upper left...and the black Ovation Custom Legend is missing...which Glen seemed to like.

Loveglen1

Did he ever use Marin from Australia

Post by Loveglen1 »

Wondering was Glenn ever offered a Maton guitar from Australia