Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

The F.B.I., Glen Campbell and a Guitar

Everything from Glen Campbell's history with Ovation, other guitar talk, and guitar picks!
dee2

Re: The F.B.I., Glen Campbell and a Guitar

Post by dee2 »

Thanks Cowpoke.
I would gladly upload this episode (or at least Glen Campbell's scenes) to YT but Warner Bros. holds the copyright to the series.

According to imdb, this F.B.I. episode titled "Force of Nature" aired April 9, 1967. Season 2, Episode 28.

The DVD I own is part of a 4-dvd set released in 2012, titled "The Second Season Part Two" for anyone interested in obtaining a copy. The back of the DVD case does not list the episodes; it identifies a few celebs from the set but not Glen's name. Warner may have repackaged the series differently before or after 2012.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Thanks Dee2. Never saw pictures from this episode of The FBI before! Very cool!

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
dee2

Post by dee2 »

Could the 12-string (Mosrite?) guitar played on The F.B.I. episode be the same guitar Glen played on American Bandstand in 1965?

Am Bandstand 1.jpg
Am Bandstand 1.jpg (29.36 KiB) Viewed 15444 times
Am Bandstand 2.jpg
Am Bandstand 2.jpg (19.83 KiB) Viewed 15444 times

dee2

Post by dee2 »

The 4th image as promised below.
The spot you see on the back of the guitar's body is not a chip but some type of adhesive, maybe for a mic?

UNKNOWN GUITAR 8-gcf.jpg
UNKNOWN GUITAR 8-gcf.jpg (71.32 KiB) Viewed 15462 times

dee2

The F.B.I., Glen Campbell and a Guitar

Post by dee2 »

Glen Campbell made a rare television appearance on "The F.B.I.", an American television series broadcast on ABC from 1965 to 1974. Can I tell you how popular this show was for both teens and adults? My Dad and I would not miss an episode. Also, my church's Sunday evening youth group, "The Pioneers", insisted on changing the time of our meetings to an earlier time after "The F.B.I." began to air at 8pm on Sundays. Come heaven or h*ll, we had to wrap up the meetings in time to return home to tune in to "The F.B.I."

Anyway, Glen had a small but well-acted role in one early episode, 1967, I believe.

His clean-cut character works in a club (of dubious nature), performing onstage (accompanying a go-go dancer) on 12-string electric guitar. He plays for less than a minute on the program.

Pictured below are a few screen shots of Glen and the guitar. The guitar's headstock is never fully viewable during Glen's appearance with it. It appears to be a Mosrite?

I am sorry these captures are fuzzy and that the logos are large (had to block out the dancer...lol). Jay can get better shots to post if there is interest.

A 4th image will be added in a separate posting box. I am not able to add a 4th image for some reason.

Does anyone know if this guitar was one that Glen owned? Or was it a "prop" used only for the show?

Thanks.

UNKNOWN GUITAR 9-gcf.png
UNKNOWN GUITAR 9-gcf.png (950.21 KiB) Viewed 15463 times
UNKNOWN GUITAR 2-gcf.jpg
UNKNOWN GUITAR 2-gcf.jpg (59.05 KiB) Viewed 15463 times
UNKNOWN GUITAR 11-gcf.jpg
UNKNOWN GUITAR 11-gcf.jpg (100.45 KiB) Viewed 15463 times
Last edited by dee2 on Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.