Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

"All Through the Night" B Side version

Fan photos and memorabilia talk. What collectibles are you searching for?
admin
Site Admin

Re: "All Through the Night" B Side version

Post by admin »

Anne Murray_Glen Campbell_Album Cover.jpg
Anne Murray_Glen Campbell_Album Cover.jpg (81.52 KiB) Viewed 16513 times
Anne Murray on the kindness and talent of Glen Campbell: 'He nurtured me'
CBC Radio Canada

Anne Murray was a longtime friend and collaborator with Glen Campbell. Many of us remember her from her guest appearances on The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour.
She talks about the Glen's life, music and legacy in this interview with CBC's Tom Power on the day after Glen Campbell passed away.

12-minute audio, story and videos

:arrow: :arrow: http://www.cbc.ca/radio/q/wednesday-aug ... -1.4239942" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Glen Campbell_Photo_with Anne Murray working on Capitol Record duet album 1971 release.jpg
Glen Campbell_Photo_with Anne Murray working on Capitol Record duet album 1971 release.jpg (31.95 KiB) Viewed 16513 times
Glen Campbell_Photo_Anne Murray and Jerry Reed.jpg
Glen Campbell_Photo_Anne Murray and Jerry Reed.jpg (50.55 KiB) Viewed 16513 times

Dee

Post by Dee »

For "Ultra Fan" lynnholt and all the Anne Murray fans....

Lisa LaFlamme talks to Canadian music legend Anne Murray
CVT News, November 6, 2017

Although Anne Murray is now retired, she recently released a new compilation album, 'Anne Murray: The Ultimate Collection.' Glen's fans will be happy to know the new album includes Anne Murray's duet with Glen Campbell on "I Say A Little Prayer/By The Time I Get To Phoenix". She discusses how she chose the new album's tracks here:

For CVT News, Anne warmly remembers Glen Campbell when reflecting on her 40-year career:
Times that (Anne) does look back with fondness include her days singing on stage and in dressing rooms with Glen Campbell, who died in August of Alzheimer’s disease at the age of 81.
“He was a wonderful man and he was so good to me,” Murray said. “Every time that I ever asked him to do anything … he was here for me always.”
Check out the CVT article, photos and videotaped interview here:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/lis ... -1.3666387" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank YOU, lynnholt! We are excited for you! "More than a decade" is a long time between discoveries of new Anne Murray music.

Since you are both a Glen Campbell and Anne Murray fan, we are interested in your thoughts about "All Through the Night"; was it worth the wait :) and how does it compare to the duets on the GC and AM album?

This information about the second planned/unreleased Anne Murray/Glen Campbell duets LP on the Capitol Records label came from posts shared on the net by a long-time Glen Campbell fan and discographer who uses the moniker Son of Flintstone.

According to Son of Flintstone:
There were/are three confirmed and four possible unissued tracks from the sessions that produced ANNE MURRAY/GLEN CAMPBELL still in Capitol's vaults:

Matrix 77077, "Heaven Is Here" (recorded 7/21/71)
Matrix 77078, "Break My Mind"
Matrix 77214, "Summer Knows" --likely Murray/Campbell duet
Matrix 77260, "Home Again" --likely Murray/Campbell duet
Matrix 77261, "My First Night Alone with You" --likely Murray/Campbell duet
Matrix 77262, "A Stone's Throw" --likely Murray/Campbell duet
Matrix 77485, "Oh Boy" (recorded 10/06/71; the bulk of the album tracks were recorded/assigned matrices on
this date. I believe "Oh Boy" is the Buddy Holly song.)
We can only "say a little prayer" that Glen's management company, TKO, will release this material as well as all of the other Campbell recordings in Capitol's vaults (and possibly other labels' vaults), at least the recordings that Glen would have wanted to release! Capitol may even have unreleased Anne Murray recordings.

lynnholt

Post by lynnholt »

Now THAT's what I call service! Not only did you answer my question in less that 24 hours -- you also provided me with an audio snippet to back up your claim. Many thanks! I just bought the single on eBay and will look forward to hearing all of "All Through the Night," soon. It will be the first Anne Murray track that's "new" to my ears in more than a decade. What a treat!

Do you have more insight on that potential second duets LP? I hadn't heard of that previously.

Thank you again!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums, lynnholt! Thank you for joining the discussions.

GREAT question! The answer identifies a relatively unknown duet, "All Through the Night", with Anne Murray and Glen Campbell on the b-side of their single "I Say A Little Prayer/By The Time I Get To Phoenix" released in 1971.
This track did not make it to an album (a second duet album had been in the works, but never got off the ground).

As you noted, Glen also recorded a solo version of "All Through the Night" on one of his albums ('The Artistry of Glen Campbell').

In response to your question, we uploaded a very short preview of Anne and Glen's duet on "All Through the Night" on the Forums' SoundCloud account:

:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/user-573836299/a ... ly/s-rCx8q" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is a beautiful duet, isn't it?

lynnholt

"All Through the Night" B Side version

Post by lynnholt »

Hi Everyone: I'm new to the forum and enjoying your insightful dialog. I'm a big fan not only of Glen's well-known work, but some of the lesser known gems like the entire "Light Years" CD and much of the material on his Christian albums from the early 1990s.

I'm also a collector of Anne Murray's work, and I was curious to know if the version of "All Through the Night" which appears on the b-side of the "I Say A Little Prayer/By The Time I Get To Phoenix" medley 45, is actually a duet between Anne and Glen (as its listed on the label) or the Glen solo track (which I know was included on another of his albums from that era). if it's truly a non-album duet, I'll be sure to buy it. Otherwise, I'll just enjoy the Glen solo version that's readily available on CD.

Thank you!