Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Records and Memorabilia: Real or Fake

Fan photos and memorabilia talk. What collectibles are you searching for?
Elusive Butterfly

Re: Records and Memorabilia: Real or Fake

Post by Elusive Butterfly »

Hi sweet fellow members. Just had to share this encredibly wonderful duet, sung by Glen and Emmelou Harris. Thanks to Roy Leyland for posting this gem. But my question to this song, is that, has it been on any albums? I've been searching for this song on the sites for quite a while. So I'm so pleased to finally find it on YT. Thank you Roy. Elusive Butterfly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9gT-h9evvA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Re: Records and Memorabilia: Real or Fake

Post by Dee »

Hi, arlw and siblis,

Here is an ebay listing with a photo of the Glen Campbell I'll Be Me EP/CD:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Glen-Campbell-I ... 20f43b08f4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not recommending it or recommending it, just noticed this listing with the pictured CD.

Dee

siblis

Re: I'll Be Me

Post by siblis »

I was one of the idiots that thought about taking a shot at it thinking that perhaps it was a "Real" Promo handed out to Dealers or collectors, but I also now have my doubts on it.

Dee

Records and Memorabilia: Real or Fake

Post by Dee »

Let's post here some tips to share with each other regarding how one might be able to determine real or fake Glen Campbell memorabilia, autographs, recordings, etc.

arlw

Post by arlw »

Dee, that sounds like a great idea post wise. Thanks. By the way, there were 4 to 5 of these that sold on ebay. They went from about 27.00 all the way up to over 62.00 without shipping! None of them showed the disc! A few write ups about them kind of gave it away, meaning they downloaded the songs as they said it wasn't avaliable to purchase in that format. One would question that for sure and for over 62.00, you have to be crazy!

I will wait for the DVD to come out and know that the royalties will go to the Campbells!
thanks again for the reply and post this in the other area as suggested by you...

Dee

Post by Dee »

arlw, you are a smart consumer for doing your research before buying.
Maybe another member will have purchased this CD and can post a photo of the disc -- or they can send me the photo to upload.
This could be another topic in itself -- maybe under memorabilia: how to know when one is buying the real deal...what to look for, how to research items for sale, etc.
Dee

arlw

Post by arlw »

Dee,
Look at this link---http://www.bigmachinelabelgroup.com/sho ... n+campbell

The only way this is sold for a price of 5.99--is through a digital download.....This is the company w/Glen so beats me whether that is the real deal or not. If you can't VIEW the CD, then you really don't know! You can download every tune on there and create a Glen Campbell label--very easy to do--once you have the cover art, that's all you need. You know as well as most people on here that it's very easy to buy the sealed material and say new!! Not taking anything away from this dealer, but I looked up that bar code--there is no matches....

Dee

Post by Dee »

Good question, arlw: what does the actual CD look like?

In any case, I am hoping that soon we will hear news of the documentary's official, full soundtrack in CD format with all of the songs from the film. Julian Raymond had expected it to be released around the end of December 2014 by the Big Machine Label. I am wondering if it is now being held back for a few weeks to qualify it for 2015 award nominations? or perhaps longer to coincide with the documentary's release through other media channels and then DVD.

Dee

arlw

Post by arlw »

Makes sense if it IS indeed a promo CD--just not listed that way. Also when I go to the manufacturer to buy it--it is not available in CD format--that is what raised the RED flag to me anyway! They were only and still are digital downloads! I have them on a CD but not that one...I learned a long time ago--you can insert a barcode by scanning and also the punched tab on the CD--they sell materials to do that! One big question to note--what does the actual CD look like ??? They show the front cover/back---easy to copy....If the CD was shown, then you would know it's a PROMO! When I asked this question-I received NO reply!

Since this digital I'll Be Me came out, there has been no mentioning of ANY promotional CD available----let's see the actual item! If the I'll Be Me Facebook, only has the digital downloads, that would also make one think?

Dee

Post by Dee »

arlw, this "I'll Be Me" CD appears to be a promotional CD that was given out to ?
I emailed one ebay seller about it; he/she said that they received it as a promotional item, which seems possible to me.
From the ebay pics, the CD has a barcode on the back cover that is punched through, which would make it possibly the real thing for me.
A very few CDs have been listed and sold but by different ebay dealers.
Who knows?
The I'll Be Me Facebook group has been giving away the EP--but only as a digital download. This could be because it is easier to deliver a digital file.