Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Glen Campbell Discography As Mp3 Files?

Fan photos and memorabilia talk. What collectibles are you searching for?
Antonio87

Re: Glen Campbell Discography As Mp3 Files?

Post by Antonio87 »

Cowpoke wrote:Yes, that would be good I think.

By the way, does cdon.com only have CDs and DVDs or also the mp3 downloads that you prefer?
It sells lots of things, also digital music, and I actually managed to find the missing two albums too (didn't search enough well earlier)! If "Still Within the Sound of My Voice" gets released digitally, I highly bet it will be available in cdon.com too. It's a very popular online shopping site in the net, and it's customers come mainly from Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Yes, that would be good I think.

By the way, does cdon.com only have CDs and DVDs or also the mp3 downloads that you prefer?

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Antonio87

Post by Antonio87 »

Cowpoke wrote:Antonio and all forum members and readers,
please take a moment of your time and post your request to release "Still Within the Sound of My Voice" and "Light Years" as digital downloads here:

http://www.udiscovermusic.com/welcome-g ... ment-29007" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's what I wrote:
Dear people at Universal Music,
thanks so much for releasing Burning Bridges as digital download. Whether that had anything to do with our request we will probably never know… :)

While we are on the subject of releasing Glen Campbell album in digital format, I recently realized that Glen’s album he made for MCA records in the late 80s are now also part of the Universal Music catalogue. So here’s my plea: please release “Still Within the Sound of My Voice” (1987), Glen’s biggest album of the 80s with no less that 4 charting singles, 3 of which made the top 10 of the Billboard country singles charts (Still within the Sound of My Voice, I Have You, The Hand that Rocks the Cradle) and Light Years (1988) Glen’s wonderful collaboration with master songwriter Jimmy Webb as digital downloads. That would make a lot of Glen Campbell fans very happy. Thanks very much in advance!
Hey, how should I comment? Just shortly that "I am a Glen Campbell fan and support this"?

Antonio87

Post by Antonio87 »

I've got now all I wanted but two albums, Hey Little One and Houston (I'm Coming To See You). I was able to buy quite a few from cdon.com, which is an online shopping site and most of Glen's albums are available there. :roll: Unfortunately amazon.com doesn't allow buying digital music in Finland, so...

With the remaining two albums I have to ask help from my neighbor, he is from the US and probably has relatives or friends there, who can help.

By the way, do you know how much Glen gets out of his music sold in the world? Just curious.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Antonio and all forum members and readers,
please take a moment of your time and post your request to release "Still Within the Sound of My Voice" and "Light Years" as digital downloads here:

http://www.udiscovermusic.com/welcome-g ... ment-29007" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's what I wrote:
Dear people at Universal Music,
thanks so much for releasing Burning Bridges as digital download. Whether that had anything to do with our request we will probably never know… :)

While we are on the subject of releasing Glen Campbell album in digital format, I recently realized that Glen’s album he made for MCA records in the late 80s are now also part of the Universal Music catalogue. So here’s my plea: please release “Still Within the Sound of My Voice” (1987), Glen’s biggest album of the 80s with no less that 4 charting singles, 3 of which made the top 10 of the Billboard country singles charts (Still within the Sound of My Voice, I Have You, The Hand that Rocks the Cradle) and Light Years (1988) Glen’s wonderful collaboration with master songwriter Jimmy Webb as digital downloads. That would make a lot of Glen Campbell fans very happy. Thanks very much in advance!

Antonio87

Post by Antonio87 »

Ok, I hope some day we will have all Glen's albums available online! Of course, Glen is a real country legend and his complete discography must see the daylight in modern form (music files), because vinyl and cd will disappear sooner or later.

I will probably buy all I can find tomorrow. Hopefully that helps fighting Alzheimer's disease.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

The thing is... due to Universal Music taking over all kinds of record companies, a lot of Glen's catalogue now resides under 1 umbrella. MCA records, who released Still Within the Sound of My Voice and Light Years falls under Universal Music nowadays. So you would think that a smart guy at Universal Music would at least release those two albums on iTunes and Amazom MP3.

Antonio87

Post by Antonio87 »

Thanks a lot! Well, at least I am able to get most of the albums, when I'm ready for it. ;)

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Hi Antonio,

Available for digital downloads (amazon.com/iTunes/...) are:
Hey Little One
True Grit
Norwood
The Glen Campbell Goodtime Album
Glen Travis Campbell
I Remember Hank Williams
Houston (I'm Coming To See you)
Somethin' 'Bout You Baby I Like
It's The World Gone Crazy
Letter To Home
It's Just A Matter Of Time
The Boy In Me
Glen Campbell And Jimmy Webb In Session

Now the more difficult ones... :)

In print:
Home for the Holidays (CD)
A Glen Campbell Christmas (CD)

Out of print:
The Artistry of Glen Campbell (vinyl only)
Still Within The Sound Of My Voice (CD, vinyl, cassette)
Rock-A-Doodle (CD, cassette)
No More Night (vinyl, cassette)
Favorite Hymns (CD, cassette)

No More Night has been released on CD once on the now out of print "Home at Last" album.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_at_L ... l_album%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The 2012 compilation CD (and digital download) The Inspirational Collection collected 10 of the 12 Favorite Hymns tracks and 5 of the 10 No More Night tracks.

Reading this myself, I cannot understand why "Still Within the Sound of My Voice" (and "Light Years") haven't been released as digital downloads yet!
Hope this helps a bit...

Antonio87

Post by Antonio87 »

Ok, no problem! :)

I will wait for more information. No More Night is an example of a Glen Campbell album that I can't find. I haven't checked the others though (I just randomly picked up that one to test the availability of Glen's albums).