Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Glen Campbell Discography

Fan photos and memorabilia talk. What collectibles are you searching for?
robduloc

Re: Glen Campbell Discography

Post by robduloc »

Thank you, Mike,

Elvis was a staunch Republican and Nixon supporter, there is a documentary narrated by Graham Nash about the incredible chain of events leading up to Elvis meeting the President, getting sworn in at the White House as an Undercover Agent and a photograph of them to record the event posing in the Oval Room with his official Sheriff badge.

On the other hand, I think Glen Campbell was a lot more conservative how he went about meeting and chatting with dignitaries.

I did enjoy your video, and called up the duet with Solomon/Campbell afterwards, there are actually a lot of very interesting clips devoted to Miss Solomon on YouTube.

Awesome~

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Hi Rob,
Sorry for lateness of my response. I sometimes get side tracked with work pressures and everything else life has to offer. I love your reminiscences of 1968. I have a keen interest in American politics especially the sixties. I have seen a lot of programmes about President Kennedy and Lyndon Johnson. As you say Richard Nixon was elected as President in 68. I am sure Glen was pleased and of course Glen did perform at the White house for several Presidents. I collected my albums back to front as I became a fan in 1977. I had just missed out on seeing Glen at the Royal festival Hall. but got the album when it came out. This was when Southern nights was also released so I also got that album as well in the same year. I then sety about buying the earlier albums as the years went on. Funnily I have the Glen Campbell/Diane Solomon picture single. (If you were my lady) Here is a youtube of the song. I think this is a great song. Best wishes Rob, and keep collecting

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

Thank you, Mike,

Your comment meands a lot to me, I think that it was the bus, in the mid to late 1960's we had a used Dodge Polara, you gave to take into account, when the family went shopping, it was a big deal and involved putting on a clean shirt throwing some water on my head and combing out my hair, I used to count and study the year and all the pressings for the quarters, nickels and dimes and odd dollar to purchase my next LP or Single.

Glen Campbell help put LP's on the map for me, I remember quite distinctly in this order.

Glen Campbell Gentle On My Mind and By The Time I Get To Phoenix LP purchased with my allowance money and pulling weeds by fall of 3td Grade.

A bit of reprise here, Glen Campbell A New Place On The Sun purchased the summer before 4th Grade and Glen Campbell Hey Little One LP purchased Fall of 4th Grade.

Those first four albums took the course of one year to purchase.

I can remember thinking that I was moving up in life by purchasing Hey Little One.

You have to take into account, late 1968 everyone up here thought that Hubert Humphrey was going to win the bid for President, I can remember our Weekly Reader was sitting and waiting on our desk to explain Richard Nixon won the campaign.

But by that time I had purchased the LP Hey Little One and feeling like a man of the World, I was only a 4th Grader, the first group to hold class in a Portable on the Soccer Field, the first year that I joined Soccer Clun.

I can remember Bobby Box pointing through the metal screen of our Portable window, that the field is where we would have to run all the way up on end and backwards the other way.

But it was alright, Hey Little One had a way of bringing out the edgy tough side, and I would go on to play in Soccer Club the next three years.

What kind of ordained credit is that!

To this day, the back cover of Hey Little One resonates with me, i do believe that it is a high angle photograph taken from a tower in a switch yard.

And so, there must be some sort cosmic connection how an artist and a switch yard operate, always calling the shots and help move things along.

Lord know, it would only be a matter of time the Wichita Lineman LP would bust things wide open, capturing hearts and our attention for a long time.

And always the line or track stretching on, yes, it is the artist, more than the DJ who calls the shots~

The Glen Campbell Doscography took over three thousand hours to compile from Movember 2014 to July 2015.

I spent Father's Day 2015 to late July 2015 editing and crunching my facts, figures and numbers, there are a few warts it may have been an oversight to not include rarities like Bobby Gentry & Glen Campbell B side Walk Right Back.

But it got to the point for health reasons I had to release my findings or I may have spent the next year editing and polishing, and run the risk of turning to nothing more than vapors.

I am proud all my list match up for the most part, and it was in my destiny or stars to have somewhere speciaql to go and post all my glimpses or insights.

The other day, I manage to purchase the Glen Campbel & Diane Solomon 45 Single Picture Sleeve, The Bobby Gentry & Glen Campbell All I Have To Do Is Dream b/w Walk Right Back German 7 Inch Picture Sleeve and The Nitty Gritty Sounds LP.

And so, the magic continues, don't get side tracked.

Love the image of all the albums spread out along the floor... ooh... maybe we should set aside a time where no matter where we are or what we aredoing to agree to lay out all our treasures and say a prayer.

Love,
Rob

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Hey robduloc,
What a fantastic effort that discography must have been. A real work of love and devotion. You are a true fan. I also loved your remembrances of the album covers. That is one thing that really struck me. In the old days I would go to town buy a Glen Campbell album and sit on the bus on the way home just mesmerised looking at the front the back the side and then the front again.LOL I also remember on the Twenty Golden greats album, the inner sleeve showed a picture of six other GC albums which I didn't own at the time. When I had collected them all I laid them on the floor in the same order as the inner sleeve advert. I haven't done it with the Legacy album record list but I do own them all.
Well done again robduloc, and long may your happy memories bring you joy.
Mike

BobbieG

Post by BobbieG »

Rob,
I signed in to post two articles and saw your new Glen Campbell Discography.
Impressive!
I had no idea that Glen had released so many records.
We could use your kind of skills in the Gentry world.
Bobbie had a shorter career,,,fewer albums and singles,,,,but some of us BG fans are still tracking down rare singles, singles released in the UK, that kind of thing. Something is always showin' up.
When I post again, I will see if someone can help me to post up the most recent photo we have of BG.
She has aged with grace, not surprisingly.
Thanx for sharing your research.

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

Goodnight everyone~

Love,
Rob

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

Thank you Dee, the story about what it is like to set the record straight is hilarious!

There must be some synchronicity, common when you belong to a community.

You see, at my job, we have a new Art Teacher, they posted a sign for the kids that a line is longer and thinner than its' width.

That got me to thinking about a lifeline, how important it is to have depth but in the end, the length is more important, I guess that is what a timeline is all about, we all would like to lead a linear life, that said we are allowed to break and mix things up a little.

Any songs in bold print means the song was used as a Single.

A Single is intended for radio play and heavy saturation, burning into our memory banks, a single serves to withstand the test of time, can you imagine what it must feel like for an artist to pick and chose their their next Single, a snapshot or window to preserve a special moment.
It was a pleasure to use bold print to earmark those times, a hit song registers with the public, a popular title has a way of jumping off the chart and into our hearts!
Last edited by robduloc on Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dee

Post by Dee »

P.S. to Rob
Just wanted to share this short story with you...

I cut one of my vinyl records into a square the other day.

I wanted to set the record straight.

Dee :D

Dee

Post by Dee »

Thanks, Rob!

I didn't want to muddy up your beautiful discography with my comment/post!

Your discography is AMAZING! Your work is so meticulous; I have never seen anything like it for any other artist on the Internet.

Your discography will especially be a huge help to those of us who are starting to collect, still collecting, and also researching composer names, song titles, album titles, years of release, and more.

Using the print view on your topic, it looks like your discography is about 1,000 pages long! It's a book! I love it!

How long have you been working on Glen Campbell's discography?

Can I ask why some song titles are in capital letters? such as TURN AROUND, LOOK AT ME?

Thanks a million for sharing your research with us! You are "Second to None"!

Gratefully,

Dee

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

Hello,

You are welcome to come here and visit, and share any thoughts or feelings, or a good joke!

They all have their place. Right now, I am immersed in the body of work Glen Campbell wrote, recorded and performed in the early 80's.

Love,
Rob~