Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Autograph Help please

Fan photos and memorabilia talk. What collectibles are you searching for?
Mike Joyce

Re: Autograph Help please

Post by Mike Joyce »

No disrespect to any here Dee, but I don't think that is a genuine signature. It just seems too neat for Glen at this stage of his life or even for Glen over the last few years. The signature on Ghost on the canvas is much more what I would expect now . Glen didn't usually form the E or the N in Glen as clearly as the second version. I have always seen the first version much more often. Also The G in Glen isn't joined to the L which as far as I can remember Glen always did. Obviously this is only my opinion, but I wouldn't trust it my self.

shelia6673

Post by shelia6673 »

With the albums autographed by Glen that I have I would say you got the real thing. I know most likely when he had more time and was signing
some really important things, but what is more important than an album, the signature migh look different but I would say you got the real thing
looks just like the signature on mine.

Shelia T

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Looks kinda different from most autographs that I have seen, but who knows?

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Dee

Post by Dee »

This autographed photo of Glen Campbell is now listed on the secondary market.
What do you think about the authenticity of the autograph?
Autograph Authenticity_gcf.jpg
Autograph Authenticity_gcf.jpg (16.15 KiB) Viewed 17876 times

jonromanovich

Post by jonromanovich »

Thanks friends. I will upload later. When looking closely at the pic you can tell that more of the name goes into the body on one than the other. I emailed the seller and he said that he had quite a few things signed and then submitted other pictures, but none were with the WL album.
I feel good that autograph is real, just wish the picture he sent was and actual picture of my LP.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Welcome, jonromanovich!
Your wife and son were certainly very thoughtful to have bought you this signed album.
I am sorry I can't tell whether the two signatures you provided match. Maybe you could upload the "COA" photo again, but turn it upside down first?
Below is a scan of a Ghost On The Canvas CD (didn't this scanned image turn out strange?) that Glen signed in person for me in September 2011.
As Mike noted, Glen Campbell's "G", "C", and double "LL"s in his signature are usually consistent and distinctive. (Also, the blue Sharpie pen looks very familiar!)
I believe your autograph has these distinctions, too.
Your autograph and photo are from a different time period than the GOTC autograph; this could explain the differences.
On the other hand...
The only way of knowing you have an authentic autograph is when the signer signs an item in front of you. This is just my opinion.
I wish I could give you 100% peace of mind!

What do other fans think about the Wichita Lineman album signature?
Autographed GOTC CD by GC_2011_c. Dee.jpg
Autographed GOTC CD by GC_2011_c. Dee.jpg (18.35 KiB) Viewed 17940 times

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Hi jonromanovich,
I am not sure why you think the album is different. As far as I can see the signature is is the same position and looks like the same shape etc. As regards the signature it self, I would say yes, it is certainly looks like Glen's usual signature. The G in Glen is classic Glen and the P in Campbell is very much the same as autographs I have from Glen as are the two L's at the end. Obviously I can't offer any guarantees but I would be happy with this as being genuine. Can you say what looks different to you in the picture of Glen signing the album.
MIke

jonromanovich

Autograph Help please

Post by jonromanovich »

My wife and son bought me an autographed copy of Wichita Lineman and it came with photo proof as a COA. Looking at the picture of Glen signing, it clearly isnt the same signature. I understand that he may have signed numerous albums so the picture doesn't match up. Does the actual autograph look authentic to any of you here? I greatly appreciate your input.
GCWL.jpg
GCWL.jpg (153.87 KiB) Viewed 17945 times