Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

What Glen Campbell Items Are You Searching For?

Fan photos and memorabilia talk. What collectibles are you searching for?
arlw

Re: What Glen Campbell Items Are You Searching For?

Post by arlw »

Does anyone have Burning Bridges by Debby Campbell? It was released on a cassette only. Debby said she would love to have a copy of it on a CD. I asked if she had a spare, but does not. I offered my assistance to try and help her, but to no avail. Anybody have this cassette?

Dee

Post by Dee »

Mike, you asked what would your ELO record be worth?
Answer: Whatever it would cost today to feed "four hungry children"!
(Or as many as "four hundred children", which is how many of us mistakenly heard those words in the lyric! lol)

Seriously, the ELO could be very valuable (to ELO fans or Kenny Rogers' fans!). :)

Yes, that Bing show rings a bell, a recent one.
One of the retro television stations here in the U.S. broadcast Bing Cosby and Andy Williams' vintage Christmas specials last year. The show you mentioned was one of these rebroadcasts, I believe.
I was surprised at how tremendous these shows are -- even today. Real talent. Well-produced. Big budgets. Family friendly. "God friendly": it was okay to talk on television about the miracle that occurred in Bethlehem. It was okay to talk about Jesus being the reason for the season. It was okay to read the Christmas story from the Bible. And to sing "Oh Holy Night", "Silent Night", "White Christmas", and "Little Drummer Boy".

Loved those Christmas sweaters, too! (http://www.christmastvhistory.com/2012/ ... shows.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Dee

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Wow Dee, that is a fantastic find. I never knew such things existed. Do you recall the Bing Crosby Christmas show? Bing was given a copy of Wichita Lineman (the Album) and his children said something about all Bing's records being 78RPM.
I have a single record which is by ELO (famous British group) The label's on both sides are of the ELO songs." Mr Blue Sky" and another ELO song on the B side. However on the B side is Kenny Roger's singing You picked a fine time to leave me Lucille. I wonder what that would be worth.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Sorry you didn't win the Ceneco single, Rob.
"You, You, You" may not want to post what you are bidding on here, these open forums are actively read daily! :D
Congrats on the JDE record. Since GC is not listed on the record sleeve, "I Wonder" about the seller's source: "reportedly".
Do you know more about it?

If you ever come across this record pictured below, don't think twice, buy it! (Well, within reason.)
I bought it many years ago and have never seen another one listed, but surely there are more of these records?

Why is it rare? This Glen Campbell single (Girls / Winkie Doll) could very well be Glen's only single on a 78rpm vinyl record!
Parlophone label. Presumably the original sleeve. Pressed in South Africa by E.M.I., 1961.
I love the record's "heft": it is as heavy as an ironstone dinner plate! (Thus photographed on the dining room table!) :)
You want to hear something sad? I have never been able to play this precious vinyl because our record player does not have a 78rpm speed!

Regarding the bottom photo, I placed a regular 45rpm single in the photo so that you can compare it to the Parlophone 78rpm single.
Attachments
IMG_6921.JPG
IMG_6921.JPG (88.82 KiB) Viewed 24661 times
IMG_6920.JPG
IMG_6920.JPG (125.32 KiB) Viewed 24661 times

robduloc

Re: New DVD / CD Releases

Post by robduloc »

I did manage to buy this Lp yesterday, on eBay for around 12 dollars, I cut and pasted the description, I actually never heard about it until Tuesday.

Glen Campbell doing session work even though he is signed to Capitol and released a couple albums of his own by 1964...

This is the description on my seller's eBay page.

WoW!!!.... Offered is PHILIPS RECORDS PHM 200-166 Mono 33 rpm Long Play RECORD for the album release entitled: "JONATHAN, DAVID & ELBERT" (3 new guys with new ideas about singing).

While not listed on the record sleeve, then session guitarist GLEN CAMPBELL reportedly plays lead guitar on this album. This is a original 1964 Philips Monophonic pressing of this folk album and the record itself is NEW and UNPLAYED... we bought this record many, many years ago at the liquidation auction of a long closed small-town general store where this record had been in a display of new record offerings. The original shrink-wrap plastic covering the sleeve on this album is mostly intact (most of the shrink-wrap plastic covering the sleeves from the lot purchase disintegrated prior to and during the removal of the albums from the display) and the sleeve shows some sun fading and has some faults acquired during years of storage but the record itself is new and unplayed.

Just for clarity: this is a vintage Vinyl Long Play Record Album... it is not a Compact Disc.

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

Thank you, The_Beach*

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

I didn't mean to interupt the thread the Glen-Airs Ceneco Single I Wonder b/w You, You, You went to the highest bid today, $130.00, a good example, I would be happy owning a licensed digital copy on a compilation CD.

I do love, Jan & Dean.

I got to stand in line after an outdoor show for a signing, they had a fold out table for Jan, a little boy was inn front of me, Jan leaned over and sang for him, softly, just for him, I will never forget that.

I got the small paisly blue bath towel Jan wiped his face all the through the show, it smelled like his cologne for a good ten years! Until I had little boys of my own.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Thank you, "Beach", for sharing info about the Jan & Dean CD/DVD set!
I can't wait to order a set.

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

Oh, it's the waiting... when will my turn come... some lucky recipient Wednesday... I say... that's eBay...

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

turning over in my head... is anyone in on the bid tonight on eBay.... Ceneco 45 Single The Glen-Airs I Wonder b/w You, You, You... this afternoon I spiked the bid from the original asking price and dropped out... the auction ends 7:00 a.m. Pacific Time tomorrow...