Fans' Collectibles (Your Memorabilia) - Lots of Photos!

Fan photos and memorabilia talk. Also what items are you searching for?

Re: Fans' Collectibles (Your Memorabilia) - Lots of Photos!

Postby arlw » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:32 pm

Mike,
I think I'll take the 42 years and run!!! Yea, My collection was very small growing up as I was into school activities and just didn't have the $ @ that time but hearing Glen as a kid and watching him on TV was just awesome and to be honest, hearing his music kind of molded that generation, in my opinion...Got married in 1974, and soon after, I started collecting more material on Glen , but when RHINESTONE COWBOY came out, that did it!! And, to this day, I wouldn't trade anything! My cell phone has RC!!! Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Valentines Day to you and everyone on this forum.
arlw

Postby Mike Joyce » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:15 am

Sorry arlw, my mistake, it would be more like 1975 when you became a fan. You beat me by 2 years.
I meant to say it was great back then in the seventies, Glen was played virtually every day on the radio and the sun was always shining even at night. :D
Mike Joyce

Postby Mike Joyce » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:06 am

Hi arlw,
You say 42 years when you started collecting, I assume that means you became a fan in 1967 or so. Wow, you have seen Glen's star rise from his first hits. Was it Gentle on my mind that hooked you, or something else ?
If you collected news items etc that would have been a big task.
I became a fan in 1977, I was 5 at the time, as Glen once joked. I bought a music for pleasure album called By the time I get to Phoenix. I didn't have a lot of money so I wanted to buy music which I felt I would enjoy listening to several times. I didn't know the songs or Glen at that time but I liked the album cover and bought it for that reason alone. When I heard the title track, the intro and then glen's voice I got goose bumps. After that I spent every penny on Glen's back catalogue
and kept every item of news I found in the papers. Later I started to record Glen's TV appearances on various chat and variety shows. I have every album Glen has released except for those very early releases before Capitol.
The thing is arlw, it's the joy of it all. Glen and Jimmy have given me years of pleasure and even inspired me to write songs and play the guitar. They truly are inspirational entertainers, and long may they continue to fill your life with happiness.
Mike
Mike Joyce

Postby arlw » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:39 pm

Thanks Mike--yea only 42 plus years!! When I started, I did it all by hand and went to bookstores/libraries and wrote things down pertaining to Glen and what he recorded/dates/times. Very tedious work but the outcome is remarkable! Thank God for computers and all the great gadgets that are now available! Being that our home is 2 story--Glen has taken over the game room closet as I literally ran out of room downstairs. Yes, I have lots of Glen and Debby and bookshelves for all my collected pieces, but I also am blessed with 4 grandkids and the oldest is in high school! So, if that gives my age away, so be it. But, I have family pictures too so Glen blended right in! I think we all have something to be thankful for-appreciate your kindness.
arlw

Postby Mike Joyce » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:04 pm

Brilliant display arlw, I never knew you were such a big fan.LOL
Mike Joyce

Postby Dee » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:33 pm

A million thanks to Arlw for sharing a new and rare addition to her WALL OF GLEN at home: a rare Rhinestone Cowboy Japanese Picture Sleeve with OBI! This album now "stands tall on the wall" with other Rhinestone Cowboy-related memorabilia/collectibles! (Love the framed 1994 Limited Edition "Rhinestone Cowboy" ceramic plate designed by Nate Giorgio for The Bradford Exchange! ~Dee)

(You may need to mouse click on each image to enlarge the viewing window -- or scroll down.)

ARLW'S RARE RHINESTONE COWBOY ALBUM_JAPANESE WITH OBI.jpg
ARLW'S RARE RHINESTONE COWBOY ALBUM_JAPANESE WITH OBI.jpg (165.5 KiB) Viewed 745 times

ARLW'S RARE RHINESTONE COWBOY ALBUM_JAPANESE WITH OBI ON WALL OF GLEN.jpg
ARLW'S RARE RHINESTONE COWBOY ALBUM_JAPANESE WITH OBI ON WALL OF GLEN.jpg (235.08 KiB) Viewed 745 times
New to Glen Campbell Forums? When you reach the bottom of this page, click on the next page number ------>
Dee
Site Admin

Postby Cowpoke » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:37 am

I second that emotion. It's the only album that is still not available in some digital form...
I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Cowpoke

Postby Mike Joyce » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:09 pm

The Japanese imports are normally excellent quality. I picked up "Glen sings America" years ago and I listened to it loads. Heavy duty vinyl as well. Couldn't understand why it was called "Glen sings America" though, as a number of the tracks were very English. Greensleeves etc.
It was in fact a repackaged album from the Artistry of Glen Campbell special limited edition double album, but only contained the vocal tracks. I wish that was re-released on remastered CD
Mike Joyce

Postby Cowpoke » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:49 am

I forgot to post this one: the japanese Oh Happy Day album!

image007.jpg
image007.jpg (8.22 KiB) Viewed 851 times

There are quite a few typos on these Japanese import albums. Can you spot them?
Cowpoke

Postby Cowpoke » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:56 am

Here are some great items that Arlw acquired recently. Included is an acetate promo in red vinyl of the Glen Campbell/Bobbie Gentry album which is very rare. All albums are Japanese imports. What a catch Arlw! Thanks for sharing.

image002.jpg
image002.jpg (65.06 KiB) Viewed 853 times

image015.jpg
image015.jpg (52.44 KiB) Viewed 853 times

image016.jpg
image016.jpg (27.75 KiB) Viewed 853 times

image017.jpg
image017.jpg (85.87 KiB) Viewed 853 times

image018.jpg
image018.jpg (76.76 KiB) Viewed 853 times

image020.jpg
image020.jpg (13.38 KiB) Viewed 853 times
Cowpoke

Next

Return to Record Collector's Dream