Fans' Collectibles (Your Memorabilia) - Lots of Photos!

Fan photos and memorabilia talk. Also what items are you searching for?

Re: Fans' Collectibles (Photos and Posts about Your Memorabi

Postby jay » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:57 pm

arlw...what an awesome find...Do you have any idea where the original is?
Nice purchase. Congrats.
jay

Postby arlw » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:05 pm

Take a look at this---I bought it last evening. It measures 13 by 18 so it's a good size. It is a custom job--I love it and can't wait to hang it!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Glen-Campbell-1 ... 1425596526
arlw

Postby Cowpoke » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:23 pm

As far as I know, Willie is doing fine, he just released an album with his sister Bobbie. Great stuff!
BTW, Glen helped Willie out once when he had financial problems.

http://willienelson.com/story/willie-ne ... -campbell/
I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Cowpoke

Postby Mike Joyce » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:10 am

Oh right, Thanks Cowpoke. I must admit I never noticed the published date on the report. I assumed it was a recent event.
I hope Willie is back in a secure position again. It must be great to be able to do something you love and be able to go out and build financial secure future.
Mike Joyce

Postby Cowpoke » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:34 am

Mike I believe Willie had financial problems in the early 90s, not now? He did recently rerecord a song that he made to pay off this debts to the IRS back then.
I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Cowpoke

Postby Mike Joyce » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:03 am

I must say I love Glen's coat in that top photo. The Willie Nelson photo made me smile. Glen looks pristine with his pristine guitar and Willie looks as worn out as Trigger. I read the guitar was spirited away before the IRS could get their hands on it recently. Very sad, a man of his years of entertaining is in such dire straits.Where does all the money go?
Mike Joyce

Postby Dee » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:27 pm

arlw asked me to post these beautiful photos (originals are 8 x 10) in arlw's collection to share with everyone. These photos are on display in arlw's home.

(Click once on each photo to enlarge the image window so that you can see each photo fully.) Thanks, arlw!

GC_arlw_1.jpg
GC_arlw_1.jpg (127.13 KiB) Viewed 998 times
GC_arlw_2.jpg
GC_arlw_2.jpg (79.33 KiB) Viewed 998 times
GC_arlw_3.jpg
GC_arlw_3.jpg (79.57 KiB) Viewed 998 times
GC_arlw_4.jpg
GC_arlw_4.jpg (93.57 KiB) Viewed 998 times
GC_arlw_5.jpg
GC_arlw_5.jpg (124.09 KiB) Viewed 998 times
New to Glen Campbell Forums? When you reach the bottom of this page, click on the next page number ------>
Dee
Site Admin

Postby Dee » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:32 am

Siblis asked me to post this photo of a vintage magazine cover. This magazine is now in his collection and has special meaning for him.

Congrats on finding this item, Siblis. It looks to be in excellent condition, too.

Inside TV_GC Cover.jpg
Inside TV_GC Cover.jpg (104.21 KiB) Viewed 1004 times
New to Glen Campbell Forums? When you reach the bottom of this page, click on the next page number ------>
Dee
Site Admin

Postby arlw » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:29 pm

Thanks Dee, but I think I will leave them in the original box. I am sure they would play just fine, but I am content in just having them here! I was in an electronic store a few years back and they had one of those player pianos there and wouldn't you know it, it played "Rhinestone Cowboy", so I know they are out there still and at least I was able to hear one.. Thanks...
arlw

Postby Dee » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:32 pm

These piano rolls are fascinating, Arlw. I had no idea that rolls (and player pianos) were still being created when those songs of Glen's were released.

If you would be interested in advice about playing these old paper music rolls (and how to possibly record them for your own enjoyment), please let me know. There is a very knowledgeable and trustworthy collector in Baltimore who mainly collects mechanical organs (the huge, church-like ones) and music rolls, but he also owns player pianos and paper rolls. His home is literally a museum for his collection. He might be glad to give you advice about whether or not these rolls can still be played. He does play vintage rolls on his antique organs. I can PM his contact info to you if you'd like it.

Dee
Dee
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Record Collector's Dream