Glen Campbell Forums wishes you a healthy and happy New Year!
(c) 2014-2020 GLEN CAMPBELL FORUMS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Fans' Collectibles (Your Memorabilia) - Lots of Photos!

Fan photos and memorabilia talk. Also what items are you searching for?
Dee
Site Admin

Re: Fans' Collectibles (Your Memorabilia) - NEW Pictures!

Post by Dee » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:45 am

Thanks, Mike! According to the fan who shared the stamps photo below, she purchased the stamps about two years ago.
LOL! I will be certain to explain that stamps are not needed to "post" on this forum! :D

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:43 am

Wow that is fantastic. Were these stamps produced to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Rhinestone Cowboy.

BTW, does the Australian fan realise they don't need stamps to post on this forum. :D

Dee
Site Admin

Post by Dee » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:45 pm

Country Music "Glen Campbell Rhinestone Cowboy" postal stamps from Australia and shared by a fan!
(Thank you!)

[Click once on the image below to enlarge viewing window.]
Glen Campbell Stamps from Australia.jpg
Glen Campbell Stamps from Australia.jpg (256.64 KiB) Viewed 894 times

Dee
Site Admin

Post by Dee » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:10 am

From Erik the Dane's collection:
Photos of his 45 vinyl records with picture sleeves: Glen Campbell singing Jimmy Webb songs
Records include singles and EPs released in various countries
Erik is one of the foremost Jimmy Webb collectors and of course his collection includes many special Glen Campbell/Jimmy Webb items.
Thanks for sharing, Erik!

[Click once on the image below to enlarge viewing window.]
Erik the Dane's 45 Vinyl Collection_Glen Campbell Sings Jimmy Webb Songs_gcf.jpg
Erik the Dane's 45 Vinyl Collection_Glen Campbell Sings Jimmy Webb Songs_gcf.jpg (387.29 KiB) Viewed 853 times

Dee
Site Admin

Post by Dee » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:41 pm

"Screen Stories" from July 1969 featured a long article with photos for "True Grit" with Glen Campbell, John Wayne and Kim Darby.
Beautiful color photo and catchy title!

For Goodtimemattie!

[Click on image once to enlarge viewing window.]
Screen Stories_True Grit Cover_July 1969_GCF.jpg
Screen Stories_True Grit Cover_July 1969_GCF.jpg (198.69 KiB) Viewed 853 times

robduloc

Post by robduloc » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:26 pm

Hi, Dee & Elusive Butterfly~

I just purchased the new Glen Campbell Christmas Special tonight, after seeing the picture of him holding his baby (below).

Thank you, Elusive Butterfly for opening up and sharing what part of the world you're from, it means a lot to me!

Everyone who comes and visits here are in my daily thoughts and prayers.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Rob

Elusive Butterfly

Re: Fans' Collectibles (Your Memorabilia) - NEW Photos!

Post by Elusive Butterfly » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:15 pm

Thank you so much Dee, sweet sister. New to me and I absolutely love it. Isn't it as if pictures with Glen, are the very best, when not "arranged" too much. No, what am I saying?! They're all great! But those, taken, when he's not especially paying attention, because he's doing something else.........uhmm <3 And you can say that again, me being the greatest Glen fan in Denmark. And I'm proud to be that. Thanks again dear Dee. Elusive Butterfly.

Cowpoke

Re: Fans' Collectibles (Photos and Posts about Your Memorabi

Post by Cowpoke » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:52 pm

In an interview Glen once said that he wrote the music for the part that start with "there is someone who really needs you..." when the melody really is really soaring.

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...

Dee
Site Admin

Post by Dee » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:41 pm

Regarding Glen Campbell not receiving credit for writing "Turn Around, Look At Me", the closest to an answer might be found in the following interviews.

Gary James of http://www.classicbands.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; posted an interview on his website with Glen Campbell from around 1994. Glen was frank about not receiving songwriting credit for "Turn Around, Look At Me" when he was with American Music Publishing Company in 1961 prior to signing with Capitol Records.
"Q" is Gary James.
"A" is Glen Campbell

Q - You didn't name the person who cheated you out of royalties while you were a songwriter at American Music. How come?

A - He came out of the woodwork and he said I changed a chord in it. I just didn't want to name names. He knows who he is.

Q - Yeah, but I don't. I like to expose people when I can.

A - (Laughs) Well, he took the award for writing half of "Summertime Blues" with Eddie Cochran. I'm sure he wrote half of that, too. It was like "Turn Around, Look At Me".

If you do a quick Google search on "Eddie Cochran" and "who wrote Summertime Blues", you will find a familiar name: Jerry Capehart. He was a producer at American Music Publishing Company when Glen worked there.

To read the entire interview with Glen Campbell, visit: http://www.classicbands.com/GlenCampbellInterview.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

In 2013, Eddie Daniels, a rocker and songwriter, shared his own history with Jerry Capehart in an interview with Mike Hurtt for "Eddie Daniels: The Secret History of Hollywood Rock ‘N’ Roll":
It was at American Music that he (Eddie Daniels) met Jerry Capehart, who was already managing Cochran, Gorshin and Ashley. “Sylvester Cross was an older person,” Daniels explains. “I guess in those days he had to be close to being in his 70s. If I remember him right he dressed like my grandfather; wore a belt and suspenders. Glad just to be living. He was the type of person that just loved to go fishing. That’s why he had Jerry Capehart working for him as a front man. Capehart wanted to manage me. He said, ‘We’ll record you but let’s write some music and see if we can get some airplay out there for you. And that’s how he stole a lot of my stuff.”

Indeed, Capehart managed to insert his name as co-writer on many things that Daniels wrote at American Music — including “Little Lou” — a situation that Eddie is working to remedy today.
From: http://blog.ponderosastomp.com/author/mike-hurtt/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

arlw

Post by arlw » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:07 pm

I sure can Mike, no doubt about that one!