Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Fans' Collectibles (Your Memorabilia) - New Photos by MikeM12

Fan photos and memorabilia talk. What collectibles are you searching for?
Dee

Re: Fans' Collectibles (Photos and Posts about Your Memorabi

Post by Dee »

arlw just added this Japanese promo of "Turn Around, Look At Me" to her collection, and asked me to post the photo of it. According to arlw, the white label on a single indicates that it is a promo! Very rare!
Congrats, arlw!

[Click on image once in order to enlarge viewing window.]
Turn Around Look at Me_Japan_Promo_from arlw's collection.jpg
Turn Around Look at Me_Japan_Promo_from arlw's collection.jpg (131.7 KiB) Viewed 29654 times

Dee

Post by Dee »

Hi, siblis,

Glen is identified on the list of the 2015 nominees; Big Machine Records Label has a one-page ad with congratulations to Glen Campbell, The Band Perry, and Tim McGraw on their nominations (includes pictures); and SoundEdge has a one-page ad that lists and congratulates each of their nominated members. There is one picture of Glen on the BMRL ad, and it is from the "I'll Be Me" poster.

Dee

siblis

Post by siblis »

Dee.....How much of Glen is shown in the program?

Dee

Post by Dee »

Hey, siblis. I already purchased the program (and the lanyard). I wanted to see the program first before I posted about it. :)
Since you are a major collector of GC memorabilia, I think you might want to add this program to your collection.
Dee

siblis

Post by siblis »

Dee...Thanks for the info, maybe I'll get one, are you?

Dee

Post by Dee »

For fans who are collectors....

On the official Grammy website, you can now order a 57th Annual Grammy Awards Program (a hefty book-size program). Glen Campbell's name is identified on the list of the 2015 nominees; Big Machine Records Label has a one-page ad with congratulations to Glen Campbell, The Band Perry, and Tim McGraw on their nominations (includes pictures); and SoundEdge has a one-page ad that lists and congratulates each of their nominated members.

This site also has a cool 57th Annual Grammys Lanyard Set with a one-inch gold-colored pin that looks like a small Grammy Award trophy, but is much flatter of course. (It doesn't show up very well on the website's photo.) Really looks nice, and I think that I will drape it over a framed Glen Campbell "I'll Be Me" poster that a good friend sent to me.

Just thought I'd post about these collectibles available on the official site because there are sellers on ebay who are selling these programs for two to three times the cost shown on the Grammy site.

http://grammystore.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

arlw

Post by arlw »

This is a piece of memorabilia of Glen Campbell and it will be counted towards my collection. This is a Glen Campbell Promo Cash Box Drawing. It was done in November 9, 1968 on Glen’s recording label which was “Capitol Records”. It is a Promotional Poster Ad artwork done in a pencil type etched style. The artist is Frank Morton and he only does one at a time! It is an amazing original classic promotional poster Ad framed for Glen Campbell 1968 Capitol Records. It is Printed Once and never again-that is what makes this unique. On the back of the picture are the Cashbox listings of songs that came out that same year. “Gentle on My Mind” by Glen Campbell is listed and also a track called “Mornin’ Glory” with Bobbie Gentry and Glen Campbell. Many other artists are listed as well but I saw 2 by Glen and there might be more but that is the reverse side of what is framed. The original paperwork has 1967 Capitol Records, but on the artwork the date is listed as November 9, 1968! The poster art is 10” by 14”, but it is in a black frame that is 13 inches wide by almost 18 inches long. This is a nice rare item to add to any Glen Campbell. Collection! Frank Morton is a well-known artist.

The black and white photo has already been posted above in another post--got this finally today--really nice-- the dealer had on his write up 1967, but on the actual poster sheet, it is 1968!

Dee

Post by Dee »

arlw asked me to post this letter from Glen Campbell from her personal collection, and I am honored to do so. What a lovely, thoughtful letter from Glen!
(Note: click on image once to enlarge image window.)
arlw's letter_from Glen Campbell_GCF.jpg
arlw's letter_from Glen Campbell_GCF.jpg (175 KiB) Viewed 28621 times

Dee

Post by Dee »

arlw, thanks so much for posting your db info on the 6 track EP posted below by siblis.
I hadn't realized--until I read your post and then looked more closely at the photo--that this record that looks like a 45 actually plays at 33 1/3 RPM!
Awesome!
Dee

arlw

Post by arlw »

GLEN CAMPBELL – By The Time I Get To Phoenix – This is a very rare 6 track EP from SINGAPORE! EAP. 21221. This EP plays at the speed of 33 1/3 R.P.M. The tracks include the title song, By The Time I get To Phoenix, Crying, Homeward Bound, Wichita Lineman, It’s Over and Gentle On My Mind. E.M.I. Records (S.E.A.) PTE. LTD. E.M.I. (MALAYSIA) Sdn., Bhd., E.M.I (H.K.) LTD. Litho by CHIYU PRINTING LTD. Great shiny picture sleeve of Glen Campbell on the front. The jacket and E.P are in excellent shape. The label on the record is all black with white writing, and it says Capitol- A Capitol Records Inc. USA Recording. There is no date listed. I have 2 copies. The second copy has a sticker on the front of the picture sleeve that says 331/3 RPM, otherwise these 2 E.P . records are the same, this is a spare copy, it also has the small hole in the center of the record, and this second copy is mint, looks like it’s never been played.

The above is the EP that is posted--it is a great record. This is MY write up from MY collection so you have more info....