Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Fans' Collectibles (Your Memorabilia) - New Photos by MikeM12

Fan photos and memorabilia talk. What collectibles are you searching for?
Mike Joyce

Re: Fans' Collectibles (Photos and Posts about Your Memorabi

Post by Mike Joyce »

I must say I love Glen's coat in that top photo. The Willie Nelson photo made me smile. Glen looks pristine with his pristine guitar and Willie looks as worn out as Trigger. I read the guitar was spirited away before the IRS could get their hands on it recently. Very sad, a man of his years of entertaining is in such dire straits.Where does all the money go?

Dee

Post by Dee »

arlw asked me to post these beautiful photos (originals are 8 x 10) in arlw's collection to share with everyone. These photos are on display in arlw's home.

(Click once on each photo to enlarge the image window so that you can see each photo fully.) Thanks, arlw!
GC_arlw_1.jpg
GC_arlw_1.jpg (127.13 KiB) Viewed 42714 times
GC_arlw_2.jpg
GC_arlw_2.jpg (79.33 KiB) Viewed 42714 times
GC_arlw_3.jpg
GC_arlw_3.jpg (79.57 KiB) Viewed 42714 times
GC_arlw_4.jpg
GC_arlw_4.jpg (93.57 KiB) Viewed 42714 times
GC_arlw_5.jpg
GC_arlw_5.jpg (124.09 KiB) Viewed 42714 times

Dee

Post by Dee »

Siblis asked me to post this photo of a vintage magazine cover. This magazine is now in his collection and has special meaning for him.

Congrats on finding this item, Siblis. It looks to be in excellent condition, too.
Inside TV_GC Cover.jpg
Inside TV_GC Cover.jpg (104.21 KiB) Viewed 42715 times

arlw

Post by arlw »

Thanks Dee, but I think I will leave them in the original box. I am sure they would play just fine, but I am content in just having them here! I was in an electronic store a few years back and they had one of those player pianos there and wouldn't you know it, it played "Rhinestone Cowboy", so I know they are out there still and at least I was able to hear one.. Thanks...

Dee

Post by Dee »

These piano rolls are fascinating, Arlw. I had no idea that rolls (and player pianos) were still being created when those songs of Glen's were released.

If you would be interested in advice about playing these old paper music rolls (and how to possibly record them for your own enjoyment), please let me know. There is a very knowledgeable and trustworthy collector in Baltimore who mainly collects mechanical organs (the huge, church-like ones) and music rolls, but he also owns player pianos and paper rolls. His home is literally a museum for his collection. He might be glad to give you advice about whether or not these rolls can still be played. He does play vintage rolls on his antique organs. I can PM his contact info to you if you'd like it.

Dee

arlw

Post by arlw »

Cowpoke,
My Yamaha Studio is great, but doesn't play the rolls. Ar has to play that! The piano rolled instruments because of their age and such as their rarity, would probably cost as much as the 4 I bought! LOL Great idea. Problem is, if you find one and it breaks as its only paper, you are out of that item. Love the idea though. Would love to hear them as well. Thanks.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

What a wonderful items those must be Arlw. Your Glen Campbell collection is unparalelled. Did you ever consider buying a piano that can play them? I have no idea how much one would cost.

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
arlw

Post by arlw »

I thought you would like to know about "Piano Rolls"--they are slightly out of order but quite rare so wanted to re-post these!

This is an unusual item and will be added here along with all the other records, only because the “format” is so different than all the rest. This is another QRS Music Player Piano Word Roll-Rare vintage songs come from these formats. This rare one is “Gentle On My Mind” # 10-210. Played by Dick Watson. 1967 release on Glaser Publications, Inc. A number one hit and a Gold Record for Glen Campbell when he released this song. This was also Glen Campbell’s signature opening song when he had “The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour” on Television. It is made in the U.S.A. The Tempo on the roll is set and marked at 75. This is an original QRS Player Roll. This one was purchased at an Estate Sale and is in excellent condition. The box is also in great shape and is also the original red casing box. This is the third one that I now own of these player piano rolls that are Glen Campbell songs!

QRS Piano Roll – OH HAPPY DAY No. 10-397. This is a very unique and unusual item that I will list with my albums. Glen Campbell did this album OH HAPPY DAY this is played by Ruby Martin. The copyright is 1969 this is considered a vintage item/Piano Roll. On the roll itself, it lists Glen Campbell under the title name. Made in the USA. This is a player piano roll and comes in the original red box. Says Tempo 70. It is in excellent condition. Very unique/collectible item.

This is an unusual item and will be added here because the “format” is so different than all the rest. This is “Try a Little Kindness”- Glen Campbell-the unusual format is this is a Piano Roll put out by Q.R.S. It is played in a player piano only and this one is done by Rudy Martin. The credit is given to Glen Campbell. This comes in the original red box. The number is 10-372. On the player roll which is “white”, it has Rudy Martin stamped on it and says Tempo 90. The release date is 1969 Airefield Music, Division Beech wood Music Corporation AND Glen Campbell Music. This is made in the U.S.A. The condition of the roll is excellent and the outside cover box shows some wear. Glen also released another one by the same company. It is called “Oh Happy Day.” These are the only 2 I own and also the only 2 I have ever seen.

This is a very unique item and quite rare so it will be listed with the LP’s/CD albums! This is a Vintage PLAY-RITE Player Piano Roll in the Original Box in great condition. Play-Rite Piano Rolls have been around since 1890! This one happens to be a Glen Campbell Medley on one roll! It is listed as Medley No. 2. There are 3 songs on this 1 piano roll which is very rare as they usually have one-two at the most. Play-Rite # 296-B Word Roll-Glen Campbell. Contains the following songs played by Walter Erickson and Rex Koury “1. Southern Nights, 2. Galveston, and 3. By The Time I Get To Phoenix.” There is no date listed on this roll. Tempo is 70, with the 88 Note Recording. Toussaint is given credit for Southern Nights and Jimmy Webb is listed for the other 2 tracks on here. Glen Campbell is also credited and listed on the box and the Piano Roll. Play-Rite Music Rolls, Inc. Manufactured by Play-Rite in Turlock, California. This is the first Medley Piano Roll I have ever seen and this one is in fabulous shape. A very rare memorabilia of Glen Campbell! The box is red and it is the original Play-Rite Box. This Piano Roll of Glen Campbell is larger than the others as it contains 3 songs. A very rare and unique item to add to any Glen Campbell collection!!!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This is one of my oldest collectibles!
Attachments
Glen Campbell on front of TV GUIDE June 14 1969.jpg
Glen Campbell on front of TV GUIDE June 14 1969.jpg (23.59 KiB) Viewed 41963 times

admin
Site Admin

Fans' Collectibles (Your Memorabilia) - New Photos by MikeM12

Post by admin »

Under this topic, you can post about your Glen Campbell memorabilia.

Need help posting your photos? Contact Admin@GlenCampbellForums.com!
We will be glad to help you upload your photographs to share with fans!