Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Contests and Giveaways

Fan photos and memorabilia talk. What collectibles are you searching for?
Dee

Contests and Giveaways

Post by Dee »

This is where we post any contests and giveaways.

Dee

Re: Giveaway in Celebration of Glen's 80th Birthday! NEW!

Post by Dee »

:arrow: This giveaway is now closed! Congratulations to Member "M.Giddings"!

Another appreciation giveaway for members!
Glen Campbell I'll Be Me Soundtrack - EP - gcf.jpg
Glen Campbell I'll Be Me Soundtrack - EP - gcf.jpg (46.26 KiB) Viewed 17301 times
This thank you gift is the much coveted, somewhat rare "Glen Campbell I'll Be Me" Soundtrack "EP" on CD with the five following tracks on it:

Track / Performer
I'M NOT GONNA MISS YOU (Glen Campbell)
GENTLE ON MY MIND (The Band Perry)
HOME AGAIN (Ashley Campbell)
WICHITA LINEMAN (Live from the Ryman Auditorium, the last live recording of Glen performing the beloved Jimmy Webb hit)
A BETTER PLACE (Live from the Ryman Auditorium, Glen Campbell)

This EP on CD appears to be a special promo on the Big Machine Records label distributed in advance of the 10-song soundtrack that just won a GRAMMY. It was not sold in stores or by online retailers. I am guessing that it was distributed at film screenings and other special events.

On the secondary market, the promo first sold for about $50 USD, then as a few more of these CDs surfaced, the price dropped to an average of $20. The YELLOW ARROW that you see in this image is not on the actual CD. I just added the arrow to the photo to point out the "EP" on the promo cover.

For a chance to win this giveaway, here are the basics for what you need to do:

1. Be a registered, posting member (at least three posts that contribute to a current or new topic) on Glen Campbell Forums (http://www.GlenCampbellForums.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). This contest does not end until midnight on April 22nd (ET), Glen Campbell's birthday, so this deadline gives you lots of time to post on the forums if you haven’t posted already. After the giveaway ends, we trust you will continue to post and chat with Glen’s community. :)

2. Tell us why you want to win! Leave a comment on Glen Campbell Forums at: http://www.glencampbellforums.com/viewt ... =407#p5225" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Just click on Post a Reply, type your comment in the blank posting box, and then click on Submit.

3. Subscribe to Glen Campbell Forums on YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD9mX1 ... 9og/videos" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Be sure to click the little “gear” or “wheel” next to SUBSCRIBE on any one of the Forums’ videos and check the “Send me all notifications for this channel” box if you are not already a subscriber. By subscribing to Glen Campbell Forums' channel, you will receive immediate notifications when new videos are uploaded to our group's channel.

4. Finally, confirm your email address on Glen Campbell Forums (in your Profile -- click on User Control Panel / Overview / Profile / Edit Account Settings). Please make sure your email address is a current and valid one because this is how you will be contacted if you win the autographed photo!

That’s it! A randomly chosen winner, who has completed each of the steps above, will be chosen from all entrants and announced on April 23, 2016, on http://www.GlenCampbellForums.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. You will need to (privately) share your name and valid mailing address with me at Glen Campbell Forums if you are selected as the winner.

That's it!

Please send a private message to me if you have any questions or need help to post. Thanks!

Dee

Dee

Giveaways in Celebration of Glen's 80th Birthday!

Post by Dee »

:arrow: THIS GIVEAWAY OFFER IS NOW CLOSED. [edit by Dee, April 15th]

New Fan Giveaway to a Member of Glen Campbell Forums!
AN “I’LL BE ME” LOOK-ALIKE AUTOGRAPHED PHOTO!

A very generous person has donated an autographed photo of Glen Campbell, and we are happy to offer it as a fan giveaway!
To our eyes, the autograph appears to be an authentic Glen Campbell autograph! It is signed:
“To Susan
Love + Peace
Glen Campbell”

Because this item was passed along to Glen Campbell Forums, we have no way of authenticating Glen’s autograph.

Including a white border, this picture is 8” x 10”, and it may have been a press photo for Glen’s 34th album, BASIC, released in 1978. The photo has seen “lots of love” and has some light crease marks in it. Someone has written “1980” in red ink on the bottom border. This is a guess on Dee’s part: the photo may have been signed at a live concert, which could explain the crease marks. (See photo.) We wouldn't want anyone to think that this is a pristine, newly autographed or perfectly preserved collectible. In a glass frame, it should look very nice! If your name is “Susan”, well, even better!

(Please note that the "watermark", a GCF card, is not part of this photograph.)

For a chance to win this giveaway, here are the “BASICS” for what you need to do:

1. Be a registered, posting member (at least three times) on Glen Campbell Forums (http://www.GlenCampbellForums.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). This contest does not end until April 2nd, 10 days prior to Glen’s birthday, so this gives you lots of time to post on the forums if you haven’t posted already. After the giveaway ends, we trust you will continue to post and chat with Glen’s community.

2. Tell us why you want to win! Leave a comment on Glen Campbell Forums at: http://www.glencampbellforums.com/posti ... 49#preview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

3. Subscribe to Glen Campbell Forums on YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD9mX1 ... 9og/videos" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Be sure to click the little “gear” or “wheel” next to SUBSCRIBE on any one of the Forums’ videos and check the “Send me all notifications for this channel” box if you are not already a subscriber.

4. Finally, confirm your email address on Glen Campbell Forums (in your Profile -- click on User Control Panel / Overview / Profile / Edit Account Settings). Please make sure your email address is a current and valid one because this is how you will be contacted if you win the autographed photo!

That’s it! A randomly chosen winner, who has completed each of the steps above, will be chosen from all entrants and announced on Saturday, April 2, 2016, on http://www.GlenCampbellForums.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. You will need to (privately) share your name and mailing address with Glen Campbell Forums if you are selected as a winner.

[Click on image once to enlarge viewing window.]
Glen Campbell Forums On The Net Giveaway 2016.jpg
Glen Campbell Forums On The Net Giveaway 2016.jpg (209.85 KiB) Viewed 17359 times

Dee

Giveaway in Celebration of Glen's 79th Birthday!

Post by Dee »

In celebration of Glen Campbell's 79th birthday on April 22nd, Glen Campbell Forums is giving away original copies of a now out-of-print, collectible news magazine, Las Vegas Review Journal, published in June 2012 during the Glen Campbell Goodbye Tour. Glen is pictured on the cover as shown below, and the publication contains an article (one page and a quarter with a second photo) about Glen. The quality of the cover is much nicer than shown in the photo below, with deeper blue and silver colors. The inside of this magazine is newspaper quality, not glossy magazine quality.

We have about 10 copies to give away to members who have posted recently. If more than 10 members are interested in copies, we will do a drawing of 10 names.

if you are interested in this free giveaway, please send a private message to Dee@GlenCampbellForums.com. In your message, please include your name and mailing address. (Your mailing address will not be retained in our database. We respect your privacy.)

We appreciate you! Thank you for posting on Glen Campbell Forums!

Dee

[Click once on image to view it in a full window.]
Cowboy's Last Ride_Goodbye Tour_Las Vegas_GCF.jpg
Cowboy's Last Ride_Goodbye Tour_Las Vegas_GCF.jpg (64.72 KiB) Viewed 18088 times

Dee

2015 Happy New Year Goodie for Members!

Post by Dee »

~~~~NOW CLOSED~~~~

THE GLEN CAMPBELL FORUMS 2015 NEW YEAR'S CARD!

Happy New Year 2015_GCF_dz.jpg (34.83 KiB) Viewed 31 times

Dear Members of the Glen Campbell Forums,

In appreciation for your membership here on the only open-to-all Glen Campbell Forums on the net, Cowpoke and I would like to thank you for your support as a poster/reader with a 2015 New Year's goodie!
2015's goodie is a black and white photo on greeting card stock that shows Glen with two of the Grammy Award trophies he won in 1967. Like you, we hope that Glen wins a couple of more Grammys in 2015!

If you are a member and you have logged in at least once since the forums opened in mid-October, you can obtain a card by emailing us at Admin@GlenCampbellForums.com with your name or username and mailing address. Please include "2015" in the subject line of your email message. We will protect the confidentiality of your contact information and will not retain or share your mailing address.

We look forward to continuing to discuss All Things Glen with you next year and hope you will continue to enjoy the forums for many years to come!

Happy 2015!

Dee, Cowpoke, and Jay

Dee

Our First Giveaway - I'll Be Me Goodie Box

Post by Dee »

~~~NOW CLOSED~~~GOODIE BOXES WILL BE MAILED SOON~~~APOLOGIES FROM DEE FOR MY DELAY IN FINDING THE LARGE SHIPPING ENVELOPES!

Our First Giveaway to Members!
First Giveaway.jpg
First Giveaway.jpg (39.78 KiB) Viewed 16794 times
Thank you to CHARLES E. SMITH LIFE COMMUNITIES

Hey, Glen Campbell Forums Members!

One of the perks of being a posting member is that you are eligible for free giveaways! Yes, free! Why? Because we appreciate you!

Recently, I attended a private screening of "I'll Be Me" sponsored by Charles E. Smith Life Communities held in Gaithersburg, Maryland. This screening was SOLD OUT!

Guests were given unique "Glen Campbell I'll Be Me" goodie boxes, and we had some boxes left over.

One of these goodie boxes could soon be yours! Quantity is limited! I only have about 10 boxes in total to giveaway.

If you would like one of these goodie boxes and you have posted at least 3 times on these forums before December 1st, 2014, please send me a private message ("PM") with your username and a street address. (Your personal information will be treated confidentially and will not be stored in our database.)

This giveaway offer ends when all 10 boxes are given away, first come, first served.

No Glen memorabilia are inside the box (just a generic pen, popcorn, a plastic cup for a fountain soda, candy), and these items will not be included. As shown in the photo above, this box may be special to some fans because of the I'll Be Me picture on the outside of the box. This picture looks like a mini movie poster.

Thank you in advance for your interest in this giveaway, and many thanks for posting here!

All the best,
Dee