Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Real Or Fake? Rock And Roll Memorabilia Investigation

Off-topic discussions (for registered members only)
Mike Joyce

Re: Real Or Fake? Rock And Roll Memorabilia Investigation

Post by Mike Joyce »

It's such a shame that people get conned like this. When people buy these things they usually have a great fondness for the artist concerned and someone is basically betraying that trust.
I noticed the phrase Country legends in the article and it reminded me that I had been to the tour at the NEC in Birmingham which featured Tammy Wynette, Johnny Cash and Glen Campbell. Tammy looked ill when she came on stage and wore sun glasses for the whole show. Sadly she passed away a few months later. We lost Johnny Cash a few years later and now Glen is no longer able to perform. I am so glad I got to at least see these greats while they were still able to entertain us.

siblis

Re: Real Or Fake? Rock And Roll Memorabilia Investigation

Post by siblis »

Dee......I learned along time ago that you can not trust COA's at all when you purchase Autographed memorbilla from different sellers, I have seen the TV show "Pawn Stars" where collectors come in with Rare Autographs only to be told that they are Fakes.....moral here is......Get it signed in person if you can.

Dee

Real Or Fake? Rock And Roll Memorabilia Investigation

Post by Dee »

This story is hot off of Inside Edition which aired tonight on American TV!

A faked Tammy Wynette autograph on a guitar that also has "Glen's" autograph! Buyers beware!

http://www.insideedition.com/investigat ... estigation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have you ever purchased an autographed item and then later learned it was fake? If so, were you able to do anything about it? Can we trust those COAs (including the DNA authentications) provided by sellers online?

Dee