Hello, thanks for taking the time to check out this volunteer job posting. Glen Campbell Forums is opening up a Jr. Moderator position for a member who can help to support the forums, admins, and members. The Jr. Moderator will receive extra perks like custom username colors, merchandise when available, etc.A. What are the major responsibilities of a Jr. Forum Moderator?
1. Theme control
Create an open discussion atmosphere in the forums, trying best to post relevant articles in the appropriate threads, welcome new members, reply / find answers to users' questions and comments, and keep discussions lively and fun. It is the Jr. Moderator's responsibility to keep the forum style in terms of the board layout including topics and posts.
2. Keep forums clean
Monitor the forums for abusive and flaming posts, unauthorized spam or advertisements, copyright infringements, any sort of harassment, and any other violations of the forum rules, bringing any such issues to the attention of the Admins who will determine how to best handle any issues.
3. Increase forum popularity
Foster a sense of community, caring and responsiveness in the forums. This can be done easily by getting involved in discussions, responding to posts (especially open-ended posts to which no one else responds to), and offering your support. You do not have to reply to every post.
4. How to apply for a volunteer Jr. Moderator position?
If you are an active member of these forums with value-added posting history, please send us a message of interest to Admin@GlenCampbellForums.com
If you are not currently an active member of these forums with value-added posting history, please send a letter of interest to Admin@GlenCampbellForums.com
with your contact information, resume, and two references from other forum admins for whom you have worked. Requirements of Jr. Moderator:
1. The Jr. Moderator should preferably be an active member of this community and have enough spare time for forum moderating, at least an hour daily to keep the forums in order and to help/reply to existing members and new members.
2. If an existing member of the forums is interested in applying for this position, the member should have already contributed value-added posts/comments. (If you are a new member of these forums, please don't hurry to increase your post/contribution count. Spamming will make you lose the chance of being a Jr. Moderator.)
3. The Jr. Moderator should firstly obey all the forums’ rules and always display a genuine, positive attitude.
4. Preference will be given to existing members who have contributed regularly to the forums. Outside applicants should have experience of moderating one or more other sites.
5. The Jr. Moderator understands that this position is not contractual and can be terminated at any time.