Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

What Is A Forum?

News, alerts and contact information
admin
Site Admin

What Is A Forum?

Post by admin »

Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums!

We are dedicated to preserving the legacy of the legendary Glen Campbell!

Our fan-based mission here is to provide an open, inviting, friendly, and fully functional site of Glen-related forums that are actively managed and supported by fans just like you. These forums are content-driven, objectively managed, and dedicated to a loyal, lively community of fans who seek opportunities to share information about Glen and to enjoy in-depth discussions over and above other social media. All posts are covered by copyright law.

What is a forum?

A forum is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations, exchange information/ideas, and ask questions in the form of posted messages. All of the content is user-generated!

Messages or posts are organized by topic, and are permanently archived so that posts can be read again and again--and can always be added onto with new posts!

Having Glen info organized by topic is a great way for posters and readers to DIVE into any topic in much greater depth--such as a particular guitar that Glen played, new DVDs and CDs, Glen's songbook, Glen and Jimmy Webb's collaborations, memorabilia, and fans' memories and photos.

Glen Campbell Forums invites you to explore this friendly meeting place to check out Glen's past and current HOT and COOL content. THANK YOU for your interest in Glen's forum and we look forward to your posts!

Cowpoke

How do I know which posts I haven't read yet?

Post by Cowpoke »

How do I know which posts I haven't read yet?

Simply log in using your username and password. When you are logged in, the Forums's software keeps track of which posts you have viewed. So, the next time you log in and there are new posts in existing topics or there are new topics altogether, those topics (and the forums they are part of) light up in red!

For instance, let's say there are some new posts in topics under the "All Things Glen" forum. When you log in to the forum, this is what you will see...
Forum containing unread posts lights up in red
Forum containing unread posts lights up in red
unread_forum.jpg (86.47 KiB) Viewed 57202 times
And, after you click on the forum marked in red, something like this will appear....
Topic containing unread posts lights up in red
Topic containing unread posts lights up in red
unread_topic.jpg (69.57 KiB) Viewed 57202 times
Kinda neat isn't it? When you click on the topic marked in red, you can read the posts that are new. Depending on your settings, the most recent posts will either appear on top or at the bottom of the topic. If you need help in changing the order of the posts, please read this topic How do I change the order of the posts?. Or you can always contact us at admin@glencampbellforums.com or simply post your question here.

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Dee

Re: Frequently Asked Questions with Answers

Post by Dee »

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS WITH ANSWERS

Q: How do I change the timezone to display my own timezone?
A: Following are the steps to display your own timezone on the forums:

1. Log in to the forums.
2. Go to the User Control Panel in the upper left corner of the page.
3. Click on Overview and choose Board Preferences.
4. Under Edit Global Settings, choose your timezone.
5. Click on the Submit button. Your changes will then take place right away!

Dee

Re: Frequently Asked Questions with Answers

Post by Dee »

Q. How do I embed a YouTube video in my post?
A. In a posting box, type or copy and paste the title of the YouTube Video and then type any text that you would like to share to describe your post.

Copy and paste the YouTube’s URL (the long URL in your browser) into your posting box, for example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG-tSYmasCo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Don’t copy and paste the “share” link that is located below the YouTube video window; this link won’t work here.)

Then, highlight or select the complete YouTube link in your posting box and click on the YouTube button located just above the area where you are writing your post.

By clicking on the YouTube button, YouTube tags or codes will be added in front of and after your YouTube link. The codes should look like this:
[youtube]YOUR YOUTUBE URL HERE[/youtube]

Please note that some YouTube uploaders do not allow their videos to be embedded on another site; therefore, you won’t be able to post their actual videos on the forum. However, you can post the video’s link.

Dee

Re: How to Send Another Member a Private Message

Post by Dee »

Q: How do I send a private message to another member on this board?
A: To access this feature from the main Board index:

Click on the member's Username (such as "Dee") in one of their posts. (Or you can find their Username by clicking on the "Members" button located in the upper left hand corner of the main Board Index page.}

By clicking on a member's Username, the member's profile page opens: "Viewing profile - (Dee)".

On this profile page, you'll see "Contact (Dee)". Click on "PM: Send private message."

This action opens up a large message box (looks like a posting box). The Username will already be filled in for you, so all you have to do is type your message in the large posting box.

After you finished typing your message, then scroll down a little bit and look for Preview or Submit. You can first preview your message, or, if you are ready to send your message, then click on Submit.

When the member replies to you, you'll see a message across the top of your screen when you log in. The message announces that you have a new message. Click on that announcement, and then the sender's message will open up for you. There is another way to check your inbox, too. Please let me know if you use the private message feature a lot, and I can provide you with info about how to check your message inbox for messages.

Dee

Dee

Re: Finding Your Way Around the Forums

Post by Dee »

Hi, All!

I thought it might be helpful to pass along that each page of posts under a Topic has a total of 10 posts. To view the next page of posts/replies:

Scroll down to the bottom of the page you are viewing. In the lower right corner, click on page "2" to get to the next page of posts. Some topics already have multiple pages, at least one topic has 23 pages of posts right now.

or

Scroll up to the top of the page you are viewing. In the upper right corner, just above the first posting box on the page, you'll see page numbers, too.

Please give me a shout if you have any questions.

Thanks for posting!

Dee

admin
Site Admin

Re: How do I change the order of the posts?

Post by admin »

Good question Randy.

Under the login form with username and password there is a checkbox "Log me on automatically each visit". If you check that, then you should not have to log in every time.

Randy

Password

Post by Randy »

Dee/Cowpoke,,,, is there anyway for a remember password option? Or do you have to log in every time?

Thx, Randy

admin
Site Admin

How do I change the order of the posts?

Post by admin »

The Most Asked Question of the moment is: how do I change the order of posts so that the most recent post appears on top?
If you become a registered member of this forum, this can easily be changed in your personal user settings. Here is how to do it:
  1. Log in to the forum
  2. Click on the User Control Panel in the upperleft corner
  3. Click on Overview and choose Board Preferences
  4. Click on Edit Global Settings and choose Edit Display Options
  5. Go to Display post order direction and choose "Descending"
  6. Click on the Submit button
That's it! Now everytime you log into the forum, the most recent posts appear on top.

admin
Site Admin

Finding Your Way Around the Forums

Post by admin »

FINDING YOUR WAY AROUND THE FORUMS

Are you new to forums? No worries, most of us are!

Think of these forums like you would a book. The home or main page (called the "Board index") is like a Table of Contents and lists all the forums in a basic outline.

Each forum is like a chapter in a book. Under each forum are different topics. When you click on a forum name, such as "All Things Glen", a page opens that includes all the topics within that specific forum.

Four Easy Steps for Registering

1. After reading the "About Your Community" forum and its topics, set up your User Profile. To set up your profile, click on the button "User Control Panel" located in the upper left hand corner of your screen (under the banner). Then, click on "Overview". Select "Profile". Fill in as much of the profile information that you'd like to share. Press the Submit button.

2. Click on "Edit Profile" and use this drop down box to customize your profile by adding an avatar or image if you'd like to, selecting your time zone and the date format that you'd like to see on your screen, etc. Press "submit" to save your changes.

3. You can customize more things by clicking on "Edit Global Settings", "Posting Defaults", "Display Options" (allows you to see the newest posts first or last under each topic), etc. You don't have to make all of these selections right away.

4. After your User Profile is set up, explore the forums! Click on "Board index" to get you back to the home page if you are not already on it.

How to Post After Registering

Under each forum (such as "All Things Glen"), click on a topic that interests you. You'll see posts from forum members. If you would like to add to the discussion or have a question to post, click on the "Post a reply" button. The "Post a reply" button opens up a posting box in which you can type the info you'd like to contribute or your question to be posted. You can preview your post by clicking on the "Preview" button located below the posting box. If you are satisfied with your post, then simply press the "Submit" button, which is also located below the posting box. That's it!

If this is your first post, it won't display until it is approved by a forum moderator. You'll receive an email as soon as your first post is approved. This approval step is one way we screen out spammers. After your first post, you can post freely.

Here's the cool part about posting in forums: if you do not see a topic that covers what you are looking for, you can click on the "Post a new topic" button under each forum to start a new discussion. Just give your topic a "Subject" name using upper and lower case letters and then post your question or content that you would like to share with others in the posting box. Topics are usually somewhat general in nature such as "Glen Campbell as a Beach Boy" rather than "When was Glen Campbell a member of the Beach Boys?".

Need Help?

What should you do if this tutorial left you more confused than you were to begin with? Try clicking on the "FAQ" icon or button located in the upper left hand corner of this page. You will find lots of helpful forum questions and answers. If you still need a helping hand, we are here to help you. Just send an email message to us at Admin@GlenCampbellForums.com. We will answer your question(s) as quickly as possible.

Most importantly, just know that you can't mess up the forums or anything like that. You can't delete anything by mistake. If you post something that might be better seen and responded to on a different forum or topic, I can easily move it for you and send you an email so that you know where your post was moved to.

So "put your click on", and find your way around the forums--and enjoy reading and posting with other Glen Campbell fans! See you there!

Dee