Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Re: Say Hello to Other Members!

Hear Glen Campbell welcome you! Introduce yourself to other fans or share a memory!
robduloc

Say Hello to Other Members!

Post by robduloc »

yum*

robduloc

Say Hello to Other Members!

Post by robduloc »

I'm a Head Day Custodian at a Public Elementary School, I help feed over 500 children a day, Nutrition Services added a new item last week to the menu to stir things up.

Dutch Fritters!

Dee

Post by Dee »

Hi, Mary!

Check out these fan club items: an official fan club letter and photos of Glen Campbell in Glen Campbell, Pennsylvania!

Here's a direct link to the forum page on which these items were posted (you first have to log in to access the Hitching Post forum, if you are not already logged in):

http://www.glencampbellforums.com/viewt ... =159#p2256" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Dee

Post by Dee »

Hi, Antonio87!
I am so glad you found this meeting place for Glen Campbell fans from many different countries. We have fans on Glen Campbell Forums from many European countries as well as South Africa, Sri Lanka, and the U.S.
You may be our first member from Finland, and we welcome you here.
This is definitely a great board for learning about Glen's extensive songbook that includes many, many brilliant songs.
One of our members will soon be posting a discography of Glen's single records, studio albums, rarities and more. This list should be of great help to you.
Do you have access to YouTube? If so, in YouTube's search box on its main page, type #GlenCampbell and the search results will bring up some of the albums and singles recorded by Glen Campbell.
I was sorry to read about your Grandfather. Worldwide, Alzheimer's disease or a related dementia affects almost 44 million people. To say the least, advances in finding a cure are most urgently needed.
Please keep asking questions about Glen's recordings; we are glad to help you!
Dee

Antonio87

Post by Antonio87 »

Thank you - I actually thought this board would be full of people from the United States... :P So it's cool to notice that Glen's music has gained much wider popularity, not in the US alone.

Actually, Glen Campbell is one of my recent new treasures, I really have not much experience yet. My mum bought a couple (not actually sure how many she has) of Glen's vinyl albums when she was younger, and then she bought a cd live album called Rhinestone Cowboy. So, I first listened to that, and many years passed and didn't concentrate much attention to him. Yes, there are some very good tracks on that one, but I underrated it. But then I decided to buy a compilation, The Definitive Collection (2 cd's). That one finally awoke my attention, and songs like "Dreams Of The Everyday Housewife", "Everything A Man Could Ever Need", "Hollywood Smiles", "Where's The Playground Susie" and "Let It Be Me" are some of the most valuable songs for me - all missing from the Rhinestone Cowboy live album, so that's the reason why I suspect there could be many, many more brilliant songs in his catalog that just haven't gained much popularity but could be very valuable for me. I know my music taste - only a small minority of my top favorites are big hits... :)

It was sad to hear that Glen's aging has brought him Alzheimer's disease. My mother's father used to have that disease too but he didn't suffer from it very much, he died a few years ago because of other reasons. The medication to cure that disease is thankfully advancing nicely (I've read some promising news from science magazines), giving us hope to help people suffering from it.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Hi Antonio,
Wow a fan from Finland. That's great! I myself am from The Netherlands and... I also a huge Bee Gees fan! Hopefully we can help you!

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Antonio87

Post by Antonio87 »

Hi all! I am a 27 -years old music fanatic from Finland, and decided to join this forum mainly to find Glen's complete discography from somewhere. Glen is one of the best country artists ever, and what tells something about my appreciation of his music is that I like him far more than Johnny Cash for instance, although Cash is great too!

Other music that I like: Elton John, ABBA, Bee Gees, Bruce Springsteen... and the list goes on! ;)

MaryInTheMorning

Post by MaryInTheMorning »

Thanks, Dee! I remember now that Paula Richards coordinated Glen's Fan Club!
I can't wait to see the full newsletter that you will be posting. I lived for those newsletters to come in the mail.
~~Mary

Dee

Post by Dee »

Hi, Mary!

Glen Campbell Forums is kicking off an initiative that you and other fans have asked for: access to copies of Glen Campbell's Official Fan Club newsletters and other fan club-related items! Today, we uploaded a copy of a vintage fan club letter that was sent to fans by Paula Richards, Secretary, for the Official Glen Campbell Fan Club. This letter may date from the late sixties. It is saved under our RESOURCES AND ARCHIVES forum, and this is the direct link to the forum/topic: http://www.glencampbellforums.com/viewt ... ?f=30&t=43" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

To view documents in the RESOURCES AND ARCHIVES forum, you will need to log in first to http://www.GlenCampbellForums.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

To all members and readers...do you have fan club newsletters (from the U.S., U.K., etc.) in your collection that you would be willing to share? If so, you can send photocopies or scanned images to Glen Campbell Forums, and we will post and share these newsletters. Our collection is incomplete, and we would love for fans to have access to a complete set of digitized newsletters (and other fan club related items such as The ABCs of Glen Campbell) for the very first time on the Internet. These newsletters charmingly, enthusiastically capture many details about Glen's life and career in the late sixties and seventies. Some of these historic details will likely be lost forever if not centrally archived here on Glen Campbell Forums. If you can help, please contact me at Dee@GlenCampbellForums.com with regard to forwarding your newsletters' copies/scans.

Below is an excerpt of a newsletter that we will be posting soon.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide to build Glen Campbell's archives!

Dee
Official Glen Campbell Fan Club Newsletter_No 1_1968_Excerpt_GCF.png
Official Glen Campbell Fan Club Newsletter_No 1_1968_Excerpt_GCF.png (4.79 MiB) Viewed 29503 times

Dee

Post by Dee »

Welcome to the forums, Mary! We are honored that these forums are the first you have joined and that you are learning a lot from reading the posts here. We greatly appreciate your post.
I can understand being nervous about posting; it actually took me about 6 or 7 months to make my first post on the former Glen Campbell forum, which has since closed.
But, as you wrote, now you have posted your first post -- and raised an excellent question about the posting of Glen's newsletters for fans. This project is definitely an initiative for this year, and I would like to start working on it this summer with help from other fans who have newsletters in their collections that I don't have in mine. I think it would be really special to have a complete set of fan newsletters online for the first time ever for all fans to read.
So, please stay tuned for this project to kick off soon!
Thanks!
Dee