Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Re: Say Hello to Other Members!

Hear Glen Campbell welcome you! Introduce yourself to other fans or share a memory!
siblis

Post by siblis »

Hi, My name is Jim & I have been a fan of Glen's since he took host on the Smothers Brothers Summer Show in 1968. I have seen him a total of (3) times in Concert, including his show in 2012 on the "Goodbye Tour" & I met hime once in 1995 after an outdoor concert in 1995 in Florida.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Hi, Phyllis,

If you have the date (year) of the Cincinnati concert you attended, I can try to find published reviews that might be available in the newspaper database I have access to.

Dee

Phyllis

Post by Phyllis »

Those days were wonderful. It would be nice to relive them. Unfortunately I don't have anything from that concert except the memories. Glen did sing his big hits from those days and I really enjoyed it.

Phyllis

Dee

Post by Dee »

Hi, Phyllis!

Welcome back to the group!

Thank you so much for your intro. If only we could have those Smothers Brothers days back again--for many reasons.

You were so fortunate to have been at that early concert of Glen's. If you have the set list, we'd love to read about it here. I am guessing that Glen performed all or many of his hits from that time period and also, perhaps, some of his more country songs as well.

Dee

Phyllis

Post by Phyllis »

Hi, My name is Phyllis. Like Dee, I have been a fan of Glen's since the Smothers Brothers Show. I was a teen back then. That's been a long time ago.
My parents took me to my first concert at the Cincinnati Gardens. Yes, it was Glen! I remember Reds catcher Johnny Bench was introduced as he was in the audience that night. I am a Reds fan as well as a fan of Glen's.
My favorite song of Glen's is "Try A Little Kindness" and I love hearing him play the bagpipes on "Amazing Grace."
I've been lucky to have been able to attend several of Glen's concerts over the years including one of his last concerts at Taft Theatre in Cincinnati during the Goodbye Tour.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Hi,
I am Cowpoke. A fan since 2007, I have a special interest in Glen's biography, discography and sessionography. In other words, getting the facts right about this wonderful, talented artist.

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Dee

Post by Dee »

Hi! My name is Dee, and I have been a fan of Glen's since I first saw him on the Smothers Brothers Replacement Show in 1968.
I love all things Glen but especially enjoy learning about his session work and Wrecking Crew days!
Seeing Glen perform at two Goodbye Tour concerts changed my life and is the reason I am here now, hoping to share and talk and learn more about Glen.

I hope you find these forums to be rockin' cool! As an admin, moderator and a posting member, I am excited to be a part of a hardworking, dedicated, and passionate support team of volunteers that has designed and created Glen Campbell's new forums on the net!

In addition to being an open-to-the-public meeting and discussion place for Glen's fans, the Glen Campbell Forums offer many new features that fans have been asking for in a new online community:

--a friendly environment that is fan-based, fan-friendly, and content driven
--a stable posting platform in terms of up-to-date forum technology
--the functionality to post links to videos and audios
--an open discussion forum (the "Hitching Post") on which fans can post off-topic discussions
--easy uploading of non-copyrighted photos
--an expanded, more visible forum for musicians and other folks who enjoy talking about Glen's guitars, sharing their covers of Glen's songs, and discussing Glen's long-time association with Ovation
--a topic dedicated to trading memorabilia
--and more!

Many thanks to those of you who asked for these features. We trust that your expectations are met, hopefully exceeded!

Glen's new forums also offer contemporary forum features such as polling, the usage of avatars, private messaging, user-defined views of posts and topics, and mobile device integration. The FAQs on these forums describe these features in more detail. We are also planning a few surprises not offered anywhere else on the Web that we think you'll enjoy!

In our minds, we are not expecting a huge (thousands) membership here. We are not competing with other forms of social media such as Glen's Official Facebook group. We just want to offer another fan alternative for discussions and learning about our beloved icon. We believe that now, more than ever, it is vital to keep up the buzz about one of the world's first class singers/musicians, Glen Campbell -- for Glen, for fans like us, and for new fans in the future.

Again, welcome to the Glen Campbell Forums at http://www.GlenCampbellForums.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;!

Dee