Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Re: Say Hello to Other Members!

Hear Glen Campbell welcome you! Introduce yourself to other fans or share a memory!
Mark Barrett

Post by Mark Barrett »

What a great site. Just learned of it after reading Debby's book. Glen has been a huge part of my life and my musical inspiration. I'm am a musician and of course play Ovations. I remember first being a teenager, getting into a friends car and hearing, By the time I get to Phoenix on the radio. That set me on a life path of being a Glen fan. Thoughts of Glen and his music are apart of my everyday life.. Their was just something special about him that crept into my very being. It's nice to know so many others feel the same.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Welcome, "Hi Im Glen Campbell", and thanks so much for your first post to explain your username!
I can't wait to learn when you first saw or heard about Glen Campbell in 1968. Maybe it was on The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour? Or might it have been on the 1968 CBS series, The Summer Brothers Smothers Show, hosted by Glen Campbell? Maybe you became a fan when you first heard one of Glen's hits in '68?

Here's a little challenge for you, "Hi": do you know which celebs had been considered for the role of host for the Smothers Brothers summer show before Glen was offered the hosting role?

Looking forward to your posts! :D

Dee

Hi Im Glen Campbell

Post by Hi Im Glen Campbell »

Hi I'm glen Campbell, not really but as a fan since 1968, I'm claiming the great mans great opening.........hello to everyone,thanks to admin,I know Dee and look forward to crossing swords with everyone in good time.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Welcome, SuperWebby, and thanks so much for your description of how you connected with Glen's music in the digital age.
I'm so glad you discovered Glen and have collected almost all of his albums in less than a year--this is an amazing feat.
And, now, of course, you have found Glen's forums where you'll find a wealth of information and like-minded music listeners.
Are there any albums you are still searching for? I have a few dups that I would be glad to give away to a good home/collection.
BTW, I think you are going to like the doc--the concert scenes are extremely well filmed; the sound is outstanding.
Also, James Keach plans to release a DVD of the Ryman concert from the Goodbye Tour. As soon as we have more information on this Ryman DVD, we will post it here.
We are also following the release of I'll Be Me on DVD and, from what we are learning via the press, also on cable.
Congrats on the signed CD and box set picture!
Dee

SuperWebby

Post by SuperWebby »

Hey, I'm SuperWebby and I'm a baby compared to most of the cats here. I wasn't even around until 1983 and though I listened to some Glen at my aunt's house growing up I didn't really know what I was listening to until much later.

I discovered Glen for myself about two years ago using the Slacker music app that came on my phone.

I put him in as an artist since he popped up on the list and I vaguely remembered liking "Rhinestone Cowboy". It played "Where's The Playground, Susie" and less than a year later I had almost every album he published, most in CD and vinyl.

I also have an autographed CD (bought on eBay with photo proof) plus the boxed set they sell on Surfdog. I've never seen him in concert. By the time I was into his music, he was done performing.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Welcome, Gary!
Thanks again for your first post tonight about I'll Be Me and for sharing your excitement for Glen's music and concerts!
Can I ask which Goodbye Tour concerts you attended? Were any of these concerts shown in the documentary?
That's a bummer about missing the "Live" concert, but your seeing Glen in concert in 1969 had to have been really special.
You may enjoy a post that I am working on now to share on these forums, hopefully in November.
I had attended a GC concert in Baltimore on June 14, 1969. At that time, I was too young, really, to fully appreciate Glen's versatility as a singer and musician and also his sense of humor (most of his jokes went right over my head).
Since then, I have done a little research about this concert and will be posting Glen's set list, the number of fans (in the thousands!) that were in attendance, Baltimore Sun reviews about Glen's musical performance and "barnyard" humor, and more. A big Glen Campbell fan and collector thoughtfully provided me with an audio recording of this concert, and with his permission, I might be able to post it on YouTube. What surprises me the most about this concert now, and perhaps you remember it to be the same or different, is that Glen was still singing a few songs from his earlier Capitol albums, songs that might be considered more "country" than pop.
We look forward to reading more of your posts on these fan-based forums!
Dee

Gary

Post by Gary »

Hello. My name is Gary and I was twelve years old when I attended my first Glen Campbell concert. It was July 3, 1969, and my family and I had just missed being on the Glen Campbell “Live” album by one night. Yet, each time I listen to that album, I experience the excitement of that first concert. Since then I’ve had the opportunity to see Glen in concert a number of times including twice on the Goodbye Tour. The excitement has never waned. I look forward to being part of the forum and sharing our love of Glen.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Welcome to the Glen Campbell Forums, Elusive Butterfly from Denmark!
I absolutely love your expression “devoted to being obsessed”! I think many of us here can relate to that feeling!
We are glad you are chasing the bright elusive butterfly of love for Glen Campbell here on these forums.
Thank you so much for sharing your history with Glen’s music and particularly about how he came back into your life in 2012, almost as if it were meant to be.
I have been a long-time fan, but there was also a long gap in my life when I didn’t hear much about Glen; this was before the Internet became available to me. I’m glad our world is “smaller” now, thanks to access to the net, so that we can meet other Glen fans, share our enthusiasm and love for Glen, and build a written history of his amazing life and career.
Have fun! See you on the forums!
Dee :D

Elusive Butterfly

Post by Elusive Butterfly »

Hi I'm one crazy Dane (the second one on these forums I belive, hi Erik), who's been aware of Glen Campbell's excistance, ever since 1970, when I was 14 years old and loved the single "All I Have To Do Is Dream", with Glen and Bobby Gentry. There after we didn't hear much of Glen Campbell in these parts of the world. Never had him visit either. Then I had this most peculiar, almost spiritual experience one night, two years ago. It Struck my mind "Whatever happened to this gorgeous performer Glen Campbell"? This was in 2012. Since then there is little facts or music coming from this natural wonder of a singer/musician/performer, I haven't ploughed through. I concider myself a crazy fan, devoted to being obsessed, with all that has to do with Glen Campbell. I'm so thrilled to be on these forums, getting the opportunity to enjoy so much data and facts from other Glen-friends and fans, who have known this encredible human being, much longer than I have. It will however, take me some time though, to get properly familiar with the whole build up of these extencive forums. Elusive Butterfly

Cowpoke

Happy Birthday Phil!

Post by Cowpoke »

Happy birthday boonvillephil! Hope you have a wonderful day! :P

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...